Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where is the Best Burger in Dublin?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

Reopened. Dublin City charter now applies.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

VinLieger wrote: »
    Crispy and delicious streaky bacon, none of this half cooked back rashers you get with most burgers in ireland

Crispy streaky bacon would make me refuse to buy a burger. I'm not American/Canadian.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

I had one today for lunch......

Tasty damn burger, has to be said. Although would want to be though for €19 w/ large fries and a drink.

20180620_150654.jpg

20180620_150710.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,140 ✭✭✭Passenger

Tasty damn burger, has to be said. Although would want to be though for €19 w/ large fries and a drink.

Mudder a Jaysis. For fast food?! :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭Arcade_Tryer

Passenger wrote: »
    Mudder a Jaysis. For fast food?! :confused:
    Welcome to the new millenialum.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Fox Hound wrote: »
    Hey All, just thought I would update everyone,

As this thread seems to be overwhelming in favour of Bunsen, I had my first Bunsen today, and good golly miss molly it was Top Notch! I just sampled the Hamburger, and it was great, Next time I will work my way up the menu,:-)....But yes I can agree with so many Posters, this spot is the real deal when it comes to no nonsense burgers,..so where should I go next?

If you think Bunsen is good, you need to go to BuJo

VinLieger wrote: »
    Crispy and delicious streaky bacon, none of this half cooked back rashers you get with most burgers in ireland

Last time I had a bacon cheeseburger at Five Guys in Dundrum, the bacon was rancid tasting. Actually rancid, not a metaphor

• Registered Users Posts: 11,248 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

What type of burger is in Bunsen? As in thin and juicy, thick and juicy, thick and dry etc etc?
    I like the 5 guys type ones that are thin and juicy although I find their fries to be very meh.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,140 ✭✭✭Passenger

Welcome to the new millenialum.

Where's that? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Brian? wrote: »
    Bunsen is grand. It’s well cooked but poorly seasoned. A bit of salt and it’s be a great burger, the lack of seasoning really let’s it down. It’s a problem with most burger places though.

I prefer meat rather than seasoning, you probably eat spice bags too.......

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Burgers without salt are quite inedible. They also usually fall apart as there's minimal to no cross-linking of the actual meat.

Too much salt turns them in to circular sausages.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭MarkY91

dreamers75 wrote: »

Someone who eats burgers looking down upon someone who eats spice bags. Wtf.

You're comparing fast food crap to fast food crap. Both are delicious.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

I had one today for lunch......

Rookie error
    Always get small fries they are about 10% smaller than a large which is huge and if there are two of you one small fries will still probably do

• Registered Users Posts: 14,209 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Almost all uncured meat needs salt. If you find a burger recipe without salt I'd be impressed. Or steak. If you do, it's probably specifically for a no salt diet. No restaurant worth their salt would serve a burger or steak without it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭Red_Wake

Cienciano wrote: »

Almost all uncured meat needs salt. If you find a burger recipe without salt I'd be impressed. Or steak. If you do, it's probably specifically for a no salt diet. No restaurant worth their salt would serve a burger or steak without it.
    I don't use salt in my burgers, I'm obviously some kind of culinary deviant.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

A good burger requires salt , no doubt
    The Bunsen burger has plenty of salt though , unless you got a poorly made one , which is possible as they are all made on site each day from mince not bought in pre formed ala Eddie and GBK .

• Registered Users Posts: 14,209 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Red_Wake wrote: »

Different people like different things. Some people like well done steak. Cook it the way you like it, but you'll be hard pressed to find a recipe that recommends you do it like that because it's pretty much well regarded to taste better with salt.

There’s an old saying “...Like meat needs salt”

Meat, especially beef, benefits from salting. Burgers without salt are just not as good. Salt also changes the meat texture so it’s more than just flavour enhancing. It’s the one thing I don’t like about BoBos, they don’t season their patties (or at least they didn’t)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 20,651 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

Seasoning = salt and pepper. You’re confusing it with flavoring, like chilli.

Everything tastes bland without seasoning. I don’t care how good a piece of meat is, it needs to be seasoned correctly.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

Red_Wake wrote: »

No. You’re just tragically misguided.

If you don’t put salt on burgers what do you put on the meat?

they/them/theirs

• Advertisement

dudara wrote: »
    There’s an old saying “...Like meat needs salt”

Meat, especially beef, benefits from salting. Burgers without salt are just not as good. Salt also changes the meat texture so it’s more than just flavour enhancing. It’s the one thing I don’t like about BoBos, they don’t season their patties (or at least they didn’t)

I’m convinced the reason people like bacon burgers is because the salt in th bacon makes up for the lack of seasoning.

they/them/theirs

• Registered Users Posts: 28,005 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Brian? wrote: »
    Everything tastes bland without seasoning.

Maybe you've just got used to tasting the seasoning instead of the meat?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Maybe you've just got used to tasting the seasoning instead of the meat?

There's isn't a restaurant on the planet who don't season meat. There's a very good reason for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,076 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Ffs nearly every dish weather its fast food or fine dining there seasoning involved it's massively important to the dish.

There's obviously a difference in getting the right balance and bringing out the flavours in the food by tasting it and correctly seasoning it and then just lashing the salt in like they do with Chinese takeaway food.

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭paska

Got a burger last week in Applereen Swords. it's a Burger King. I got a Whopper and man was it juice.
    Should they taste the same in all BKs in the world? I have to say this was mouth watering. Can they add their own ingredients to enhance it? Had whoppers before and it was a "Whopper" but this was so fresh. Hats off. will be back soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭MarkY91

Had my second ever Bunsen yesterday (maybe a year since the first) due to all the Bunsen praise on here.

Have to say, the chips were rotten. The burger was grand, didn't taste anything near like "Dublin's best burger" there wasn't anything wrong with it but it was simply forgettable.

I was blown away when I tried chili shack and wow burger. Gonna try 5 guys or bobos next.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,088 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

I am a big fan of Blockburger Burgers in the Eastpoint business park. I particularly like that everything is not drowned in ketchup or sauce so it is actually possible to eat one without leaving half of it down your front.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 pwisp

I do like Bunsen but I wish they had more toppings like bacon for example. This is where Wowburger do better in.

Five guys is grand but there's no reason why it needs to be so dear.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,845 ✭✭✭trellheim

Chili Shack currently is running 1st for me with the tex-mex poutine being a wonderful combo. after several unedifying bunsens had an excellent one, then back to unedifying again sigh. Chili shack consistently excellent and that is a very nice surprise. Off to Bleecker in london hopefully during the week yum yum

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,195 ✭✭✭maximoose

Had my first Chili Shack yesterday actually, Bacon & Cheeseburger and it was wonderful

Advertisement