Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Where is the Best Burger in Dublin?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭Effects

trellheim wrote: »
    do they do the 5 guys experience - hell no , theres a reason they are a chain in the US

They are a chain here as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

supermacs 5oz is a solid burger. mad overpriced though. supermacs prices going up the whole time lately. mcdonalds double cheeseburger at €2 is way better value. problem is ya never know when you'll get the cheese melted on the double cheeseburger. lately i'm always getting it with 2 cold cheese slices on top. melted cheese makes all the difference

• Registered Users Posts: 19,609 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Ballso wrote: »
    Really? Most of the good ones seem compact enough? (Bunsen, wow, box, handsome etc.)

The last generation of burgers like BoBos etc were more guilty of this I think, the burgers were more about the toppings than the beef

Gourmet Burger Kitchen were particulary guilty of it, burgers so tall they needed a stick shoved through them to stay together from the kitchen to the table

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,044 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Five guys aren't bad but Wow burger is much better.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,219 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Proper greasy, tasty burger.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,044 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Birneybau wrote: »

Don't get me started on those chilli fries either.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,073 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

Yes wow burger is my favorite, have never been to Bunsen.
    In wow the burger, chilli fries and shake is a lovely dinner. But at about €18 is ok as a treat now and again.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,764 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

I've been to Five guys a few times after hearing friends raving about them. The burgers are good but not up to the hype imo. I still think Bunsen are hard to beat in Dublin and I've been looking.

I do agree about certain chains putting more effort into the toppings than the actual burger itself.

Must try Wow burger after seeing all the positive reviews about them here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭markc91

Tried chimac on Sunday and it was unreal! I got the kincheese and she got the k-bbq which I tried too would defo go back!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭accensi0n

Birneybau wrote: »

Yep, that's the thing, it's tasty! May not look the most appealing, but it tastes good.

I like five guys, but it's not much better than a bacon double cheese burger from BK.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭showpony1

agree on Wow Burger, similar type of burger to shake shack in the US

• Registered Users Posts: 11,282 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

showpony1 wrote: »
    agree on Wow Burger, similar type of burger to shake shack in the US

Yeah wow are exactly what I think a burger should be like.

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭phunkadelic

Wow burger are part of the press up group, I prefer to support the smaller places

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Wow burger are part of the press up group, I prefer to support the smaller places

The what? Reccomend something then?

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭phunkadelic

J Mysterio wrote: »
    The what? Reccomend something then?

Press up group, look it up. They run about 30 restaurants in Dublin, all with different names to give the appearance they are not a huge group.
    I'd have box burger, Bunsen, handsome, even bobos or practically anyone ahead of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,219 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Press up group, look it up. They run about 30 restaurants in Dublin, all with different names to give the appearance they are not a huge group.
    I'd have box burger, Bunsen, handsome, even bobos or practically anyone ahead of them.

Sticking it to the man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭fundi

supermacs 5oz is a solid burger. mad overpriced though. supermacs prices going up the whole time lately. mcdonalds double cheeseburger at €2 is way better value. problem is ya never know when you'll get the cheese melted on the double cheeseburger. lately i'm always getting it with 2 cold cheese slices on top. melted cheese makes all the difference

The mcdonalds double cheeseburger is smaller than most other burgers I think though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

They also own a good few hotels and the Stella cinemas.

Wow burger is now off the list(Never tried it) Bunsen all the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭Ballso

Sure Bunsen is a chain with 9 locations now, how many more before you have to stop going to them?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,832 ✭✭✭s8n

Casey78 wrote: »
    Hard to bate the 5oz from Supermacs.
    Anyone that disagrees with me can go fcuk yourself.

I disagree

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,437 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

s8n wrote: »
    I disagree

As do I. Filthy food for filthy muck savages. Kinda like Barrys tea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Sure Bunsen is a chain with 9 locations now, how many more before you have to stop going to them?

5 million

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭ciano316

Casey78 wrote: »
    Hard to bate the 5oz from Supermacs.
    Anyone that disagrees with me can go fcuk yourself.

He said best not worst.

Supermacs burgers are dirt except the best chicken burger going. Their chicken burger is unreal

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

ciano316 wrote: »
    He said best not worst.

Supermacs burgers are dirt except the best chicken burger going. Their chicken burger is unreal

i would have said its muck, any of burker kings chicken burgers beats it hands down

namely chicken tendercrisp

• Registered Users Posts: 11,282 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

I don’t understand this at all, if somewhere is successful and expands it eventually becomes a chain so people should stop going.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 873 ✭✭✭Casey78

s8n wrote: »
    I disagree

Well you know what you can do with yourself so. ....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭ciano316

akelly02 wrote: »
    i would have said its muck, any of burker kings chicken burgers beats it hands down

namely chicken tendercrisp

Burger King chicken burgers are dirt as well. Chicken they use is awful

• Registered Users Posts: 2,426 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

"chicken"

• Registered Users Posts: 11,899 ✭✭✭✭GBX

fundi wrote: »
    The mcdonalds double cheeseburger is smaller than most other burgers I think though.

I love it - probably the nicest thing on the McD menu.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,875 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Hog's and Heffers have a fantastic chargrill. They do amazing steaks and burgers. Well at least they used to. I was there last week and still tasty as hell the burger looked more like a slider on my plate :(

Advertisement