Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Funny Side of Teaching & Lecturing!

13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Bananaleaf

Student returned an English exam to me in the subject bar of their email. God bless them. I obviously only ended up receiving half the first sentence before replying and asking them to resend in the body.

Another never sent the exam, yet when I got in touch to query it, he was offended and sent me a screenshot of it in his sent items, dated the day the exam was on. Slight problem - he had sent it to himself and not me.

Another returned theirs in photos. One of each in every orientation except for the right way up!!

It's funny now because it's over. It wasn't funny at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭Treppen

• Registered Users Posts: 2,120 ✭✭✭mtoutlemonde

• Registered Users Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭lulublue22

Treppen wrote: »

Got sent this last week - was trying to figure out where my boy would fit in 😠Gave me a chuckle I must say.

• Advertisement

.536243.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 12,188 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Jesus, has it been that bad of a year that the last funny moment was seven months ago lol.

il_570xN.2346512122_coiw.jpg

Fcuk Putin. Glory to Ukraine!

Even though it is in the states, everything he said applies to my school aswell! (we have a separate room where we can slam down the phone though)

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭noplacehere

Even though it is in the states, everything he said applies to my school aswell! (we have a separate room where we can slam down the phone though)

That’s way too accurate. I laughed out loud at the printer and the space manual lol

• Registered Users Posts: 2,120 ✭✭✭mtoutlemonde

Thanks for that! Spent twenty minutes watching the others!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,475 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

Don't feel too bad, I'd a student video record his essay on Word.

Yes. On word.

He recorded, and scrolled the screen down every minute or so, rather than send me the actual document.

We are using Seesaw . A child tried something similar - she moved her phone rapidly over 3 pages . And every bit totally out of focus .

• Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭jrmb

I'm using Google Classroom, I had a student having a great time, cancelling all the comments I made and resubmitting the work. I'm not doing it again! God love these kids, they can use TikTok but can't press the 'Turn in' button :)
    I was distributing the homework on OneNote, but if anyone didn't feel like doing it, they could just delete the task from their section :mad:

Advertisement