Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

JC Portfolio (English)

• 05-01-2016 6:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 997 ✭✭✭

Could somebody explain exactly what we have to do and when?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Jamfa

Could somebody explain exactly what we have to do and when?

Read pages 25-30 and the dates for completion are on page 33. http://www.curriculumonline.ie/getmedia/60ec6b68-b289-4f32-ba62-3e7ac9e6d950/EnglishJC_-AssessmentGuidelines_04-12-15.pdf
    The ASTI directive at the moment would mean not assessing the final 2 pieces of writing but I assume by following the curriculum every teacher should be having their students keep a collection of their writing etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 997 ✭✭✭MrJones1973

Are many teachers keeping portfolio items?

Are many teachers keeping portfolio items?

It's the students who need to gather a collection of their work so we don't keep any items.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 997 ✭✭✭MrJones1973

Jamfa wrote: »
    It's the students who need to gather a collection of their work so we don't keep any items.
    But do your students do that on their own volition?

But do your students do that on their own volition?

Each of them has a folder where they store their drafts & final published pieces. It's similar to an art portfolio. At the end of term I went through their collections & offered support about which pieces were of good quality. I'll do the same before mid-term & at Easter too. To be honest there aren't that many pieces anyway as it's only longer assignments/projects that make sense storing in the collection. At the end of the day it's their responsibility to have a collection & not mine.

• Advertisement
Advertisement