Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

03-11-2015, 11:24   #181
MilfordBud

A truly uninspiring bunch of candidates for us next time around. Then again, when has it ever been different?
Advertisement
03-11-2015, 11:40   #182
Tippjohn

The problem with manifestos is that it is a party manifesto, not a candidates. FGs tendered manifesto, I use the word losely, was a lot different to what was actioned.
In other words whatever happens is in the lap of public acceptance or denial.
This is why it is important to constantly lobby your TDs, even if you did not vote for them. Otherwise they consider that if nothing is said then everyone is happy with their actions or inactions.
03-11-2015, 14:28   #183
Paddico

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilfordBud View Post
A truly uninspiring bunch of candidates for us next time around. Then again, when has it ever been different?
Couldn’t agree more. I remember asking Tom Hayes rather seriously, but with a smile behind the seriousness what his manifesto was, all while he was telling me how I should vote for him.

His reply was 'Ha .. Manifesto, sure what do you need one of them for'
Nuff said
Thanks from:
03-11-2015, 15:19   #184
touts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paddico View Post
Couldn’t agree more. I remember asking Tom Hayes rather seriously, but with a smile behind the seriousness what his manifesto was, all while he was telling me how I should vote for him.

His reply was 'Ha .. Manifesto, sure what do you need one of them for'
Nuff said
Given how they basically ignored everything they promised once they got the merks and perks it sounds like he was at least honest. Let's face it if a candidate just said "Elect me. I need the money for hookers and booze" at this point I'd nearly give them a high preference just for honesty.
09-11-2015, 10:20   #185
Expunge

Don't forget to be at the Clonmel Park Hotel on the 16th as Vincent Browne and TV3 become a magnet for every nutjob in the Premier County.

Yes, The People's Debate is coming to Clonmel!!!!!
Be there well before 7 pm for taping at 8.

If you dislike the gays (even though the referendum has been settled) - be there!!!!

If you don't like paying for essential services, coz you never paid for anything like that ever in your life. But you'll happily pay for Sky Sports and cans o' beer - be there!!!!

If you joined Sinn Fein or the AAA coz your penis is small and you like acting the big man in some of Clonmel's working class estates (even though you live elsewhere and have a State job with a guranateed pension) - be there!!!

If you love Michael Lowry so much that you'd badly hurt another human being because she/he has a negative opinion about him - be there!!!

If your name is McGrath or McCarra - be sure to hold the first 7 rows - there'll be enough yahoos in from Newcastle and Goatenbridge to fill 'em - be there!!!

If you love the WUAG and want to load the taxpayer with more liabilities while having less and less people paying tax - watch your back as the AAA and Sinn Fein steal your clothes in Clonmel and be there!!!!!!

If you're from FF, Lab or FG - I wouldn't bother turning up - might be a rough night what with all the anger, etc.
Advertisement
09-11-2015, 10:27   #186
Maryanne84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Expunge View Post
Don't forget to be at the Clonmel Park Hotel on the 16th as Vincent Browne and TV3 become a magnet for every nutjob in the Premier County.

If you dislike the gays (even though the referendum has been settled) - be there!!!!

If you don't like paying for essential services, coz you never paid for anything like that ever in your life. But you'll happily pay for Sky Sports and cans o' beer - be there!!!!

If you joined Sinn Fein or the AAA coz your penis is small and you like acting the big man in some of Clonmel's working class estates (even though you live elsewhere and have a State job with a guranateed pension) - be there!!!

If you love Michael Lowry so much that you'd badly hurt another human being because she/he has a negative opinion about him - be there!!!

If your name is McGrath or McCarra - be sure to hold the first 7 rows - there'll be enough yahoos in from Newcastle and Goatenbridge to fill 'em - be there!!!

If you love the WUAG and want to load the taxpayer with more liabilities while having less and less people paying tax - watch your back as the AAA and Sinn Fein steal your clothes in Clonmel and be there!!!!!!

If you're from FF, Lab or FG - I wouldn't bother turning up - might be a rough night what with all the anger, etc.
Brilliant post!!
09-11-2015, 11:53   #187
touts

Quote:

Who's the candidate called McCarra?
09-11-2015, 12:25   #188
Expunge

Mattie's inlaws out Newcastle side - the hardware shop, the busses etc.

It's a tight-knight, effective team he has going out there.
09-11-2015, 12:31   #189
touts

Quote:
Mattie's inlaws out Newcastle side - the hardware shop, the busses etc.

It's a tight-knight, effective team he has going out there.
I'm not sure you should be attacking people who aren't even running. Candidates fair enough. They put themselves up for election. But their in-laws? That's just a ticket to the lawyers office.
Advertisement
09-11-2015, 12:44   #190
Expunge

Ah, come on now, Touts - gentle joshing is all it is.
Show me how they are being attacked.

Shur, everyone knows the strength and effectiveness of the McGrath machine, which is based on the rock solid foundation of his family and neighbours - some of 'em anyway.

I'll be passing a few Clonmel/Cahir funeral homes this evening - I'll ask him myself if his in-laws will be upset.
Thanks from:
09-11-2015, 14:23   #191
laoch na mona

if you want to attack right2water it might help if you can actually explain how toll both economics is a better way to pay for services than progressive taxation
09-11-2015, 14:59   #192
tipptom

Quote:

Wouldn't want to be anywhere the likes of you and your thanks girl friend in the next post are,thats for sure, and while your on it if I was of that family that you are inferring that they and their supporters are yahoos, I would be asking you to drop in to me on your way to a funeral or a removal.

Disgraceful hate filled.
09-11-2015, 15:05   #193
Maryanne84

Quote:
Originally Posted by tipptom View Post
Wouldn't want to be anywhere the likes of you and your thanks girl friend in the next post are,thats for sure, and while your on it if I was of that family that you are inferring that they and their supporters are yahoos, I would be asking you to drop in to me on your way to a funeral or a removal.

Disgraceful hate filled.
I thought it was a brilliant tongue in cheek piece. Must be my warped sense of humour! I'll bet the bould Mattie would chuckle at it!
Thanks from:
09-11-2015, 16:20   #194
Expunge

So, I just met Mattie up the town. I knew it was him straight away from the ubiquitous brown suit, blue Tipp baseball cap and the Nokia 3210 stuck to his ear. I said I was sorry for dissing his family and supporters. I promised a 1,2 or 3 on the ballot by way of compensation. He said that was grand - not to worry he has a grand thick skin.

He told me to tell TippTom not to have his knickers in such a twist. In fact he has offered an untwisting service for free!

So Tom, either Mattie himself will untwist your knickers at one of his clinics out in Newcastle or, if it's more convienent, Cllr Martin Lonergan or Cllr Kieran Bourke in Carrick will assist you in this matter.

Now that's public service!
(2) thanks from:
09-11-2015, 16:23   #195
Maryanne84

Quote:
So, I just met Mattie up the town. I knew it was him straight away from the ubiquitous brown suit, blue Tipp baseball cap and the Nokia 3210 stuck to his ear. I said I was sorry for dissing his family and supporters. I promised a 1,2 or 3 on the ballot by way of compensation. He said that was grand - not to worry he has a grand thick skin.

He told me to tell TippTom not to have his knickers in such a twist. In fact he has offered an untwisting service for free!

So Tom, either Mattie himself will untwist your knickers at one of his clinics out in Newcastle or, if it's more convienent, Cllr Martin Lonergan or Cllr Kieran Bourke in Carrick will assist you in this matter.

Now that's public service!
Ha HA. Love it!!!

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion