Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

09-02-2020, 11:13   #1531
secondrowgal

Lowry, Sinn Fein and Mattie McGrath... Once again, Tipperary the laughing stock of the country, and that's saying something when there are the likes of the Healy-Raes in Kerry
(4) thanks from:
Advertisement
09-02-2020, 11:15   #1532
giveitholly

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondrowgal View Post
Lowry, Sinn Fein and Mattie McGrath... Once again, Tipperary the laughing stock of the country, and that's saying something when there are the likes of the Healy-Raes in Kerry
Does that not say a lot about the other candidates running,they can't be up to much if the above are getting in
09-02-2020, 11:17   #1533
secondrowgal

Quote:
Originally Posted by giveitholly View Post
Does that not say a lot about the other candidates running,they can't be up to much if the above are getting in
I think that the Pope, Luke Skywalker, Mother Theresa, Leonardo Da Vinci, Stephen Hawking, Marie Curie could run in Tipperary and Lowry and McGrath would still get elected. It says more about the people of Tipperary that we keep voting for these jokers.
09-02-2020, 11:26   #1534
Chakra Blue

Tally update. With 45% of boxes completed:
Lowry - 16%
Browne - 12
McGrath - 11
Jackie Cahill - 9
Kelly - 9
Healy - 7
Ahearn - 6
Newman Julian - 5
Goldsboro - 5
Hannigan - 4
O'Donnell - 3
Farrell - 2
Dolores Cahill - 1
Skehan - 0
#TippGE2020
Frim Tipp FM on Twitter..
Thanks from:
09-02-2020, 12:08   #1535
julyjane

I'm nowhere near Lowry's area and didn't give him a scratch but to keep getting returned comfortably time and time again he must be doing something right
Thanks from:
Advertisement
09-02-2020, 12:08   #1536
Helpneeded86

My god Browne....we are ridiculous.
(3) thanks from:
09-02-2020, 12:22   #1537
Chakra Blue

RTE Tipperary
First count expected in Tipperary between 6:30 & 7pm. #GeneralElection2020 #ge2020
09-02-2020, 12:23   #1538
callaway92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helpneeded86 View Post
My god Browne....we are ridiculous.
Ya I feel kinda ill from it to be honest.

He’s polling well everywhere in the county meaning it’s a Sinn Fèin thing rather than a Browne thing to be honest.
Thanks from:
09-02-2020, 12:34   #1539
jlm29

Quote:
Originally Posted by callaway92 View Post
Ya I feel kinda ill from it to be honest.

He’s polling well everywhere in the county meaning it’s a Sinn Fèin thing rather than a Browne thing to be honest.
Definitely a Sinn Fein thing. A lot of my friends were planning on voting Sinn Fein, in spite of him rather than because of him.
Advertisement
09-02-2020, 12:43   #1540
The_Honeybadger

FG got their strategy wrong in Tipp it seems. Madness running two candidates from the same part of the county
(4) thanks from:
09-02-2020, 12:53   #1541
It wasnt me123

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Honeybadger View Post
FG got their strategy wrong in Tipp it seems. Madness running two candidates from the same part of the county
They weren’t the same part of the County - Clonmel and either Nenagh or Thurles, can’t remember - had never heard of her before and unfortunately for him, Garret Ahern wasn’t a very friendly fellow and not overly liked.
09-02-2020, 13:01   #1542
elperello

Quote:
Originally Posted by It wasnt me123 View Post
They weren’t the same part of the County - Clonmel and either Nenagh or Thurles, can’t remember - had never heard of her before and unfortunately for him, Garret Ahern wasn’t a very friendly fellow and not overly liked.
Not trying to be smart in correcting you Tipp lads

She is from Westmeath and is Kate O'Connell's sister.

Vet in Cashel and farm between Golden and New Inn.
Thanks from:
09-02-2020, 13:05   #1543
jlm29

Quote:
Originally Posted by It wasnt me123 View Post
They’re both based in the south of the county, not FGs original strategy, but they were very close in votes when the party voted on who to run. I don’t think there was anyone strong in north tipp, and FG probably wanted to run a woman as well. Much as it pains me to say it, because he wasn’t up to much, I think Tom Hayes would have had more of a chance than Ahearn, Ahearn doesn’t have the personality for the job, and was banking on his surname to get him elected.
Thanks from:
09-02-2020, 13:08   #1544
Helpneeded86

Garret Ahearn not getting in is one upside to this. I posted something on here a few nights ago that I removed quickly. But he should never be near public office in my opinion. A few in Clonmel might know what I am on about.
(2) thanks from:
09-02-2020, 13:25   #1545
The_Honeybadger

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlm29 View Post
They’re both based in the south of the county, not FGs original strategy, but they were very close in votes when the party voted on who to run. I don’t think there was anyone strong in north tipp, and FG probably wanted to run a woman as well. Much as it pains me to say it, because he wasn’t up to much, I think Tom Hayes would have had more of a chance than Ahearn, Ahearn doesn’t have the personality for the job, and was banking on his surname to get him elected.
Whatever way they both got nominated they are pulling from the same bloc and have succeeded in splitting the vote almost bang down the middle. I honestly don’t know how the party didn’t see that coming.

What is the SF candidate like? I’ve never heard of him before, is he a councillor?

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion