Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Got old comics to sell/get valued? Looking for something? POST ONLY IN THIS THREAD.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 524 ✭✭✭Penis Eye

hey guys i have a copy of the first edition of the eagle annual. its in pretty good nick! i was wonderin if any1 would be able to tell me how much it'd be worth. i have looked up a few places and i have a rough idea but i thought id throw it open to the boards to see if they knew.

thanks pe

• Registered Users Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭ztoical

Penis Eye wrote: »
    hey guys i have a copy of the first edition of the eagle annual. its in pretty good nick! i was wonderin if any1 would be able to tell me how much it'd be worth. i have looked up a few places and i have a rough idea but i thought id throw it open to the boards to see if they knew.

thanks pe

in very good condition between £30 to £40.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭BlaasForRafa

Fysh wrote: »
    I've moved your post into the Back Issues thread, but you'll want to widen your search avenues if you're set on getting a copy of this comic. Bear in mind that there are two covers out there, and the cover with Barack Obama on it is far less common than the other one. If not eBay, you should at least consider posting a Wanted ad on adverts.ie. That being said, your best bet would still be to get into one of the comic shops and ask them to order a copy of the second or third printings for you.

seen the second printing on megacitycomics.co.uk. I don't see the big deal myself but marvel seem to be raking it in. I think Marvel have used this "event" to mask the increase in price of Amazing Spiderman to $3.99 :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 supeerhero

Hi All,
    If you need to price a comic, there is a great site called Comicpriceguide, it is the online version of the massive price guide you can buy each year in Sub City. Just be careful when checking:
    (1) You must check the year of publication - As there can be lots of no 1's of same titles
    (2) Publisher and Country - US Pricing is different from UK, mostly the site only gives US pricing, but a rule of thumb would be the the UK version is work 70% of US price (WATCH THIS THOUGH - IN USA it is obviously harder to get the UK version, so depending on the collector, if they are completist they may pay more for a UK pence issue if they really want it)
    (3) The condition - there is a grading system which would help you to get a good idea on a key issue, but it requires a bit of time to check a title and be careful in checking that you do not damage it
    www.comicspriceguide.com
    Hope this helps.
    If you are looking for back-issues - drop out to Blackrock market on the weekends, I have had a comic shop there for the last year but am a lousy marketing man - called
    SUPERHERO COMICS.
    72 Blackrock Market
    Main Street Blackrock.
    Beside the Spice Bazaar in the Market - Open Sat-Sun 11am to 5pm
    Ask for Jimmy
    ** Just got in some lovely first edition Wolverine, issue 1, 1982 of limited seried CGC and issue 1, 1988 of ongoing issue - all good prices ** LOOKING FORWARD TO THE MOVIE
    If you have any for pricing, or are looking for a specific backissue mail me
    Cheers Jimmy
    P.S. Say you say this on board.ie and I will give you a 25% discount

• Registered Users Posts: 20 watchall

Hey all. Would anyone know or guess how much this Signed superman comic
    ( Signed by superman Co Creator Jerry Siegel ) Might go for now days. Mind you i dout i'd sell. It was one of the last comics he signed before he died.

mediaImg.jpg

• Advertisement

If the comic doesn't have a CGC grade its hard to say. Have seen it going for anywhere from $150 to $300 depending the CGC grade.

• Registered Users Posts: 765 ✭✭✭ultain

Any ideas on value of 1983 eagle annual?

watchall wrote: »
    Hey all. Would anyone know or guess how much this Signed superman comic
    ( Signed by superman Co Creator Jerry Siegel ) Might go for now days. Mind you i dout i'd sell. It was one of the last comics he signed before he died.

mediaImg.jpg
    I think you would be looking at serious cash for this!! slap it on eBay, sit back and watch the dollar's sign fly!!

ultain wrote: »
    Any ideas on value of 1983 eagle annual?

in good condition maybe between 10 to 15 euro

I have a load of tales from the crypt issues, they are fairly recent i.e 70's, are they still widely available? obviously this will bring the value down.Trying to get my hands on some 'where monsters dwell' issues, not cheap!!.

• Advertisement

ultain wrote: »
    I have a load of tales from the crypt issues, they are fairly recent i.e 70's, are they still widely available? obviously this will bring the value down.Trying to get my hands on some 'where monsters dwell' issues, not cheap!!.

If you've any of the original tales from the crypt from the 1950's in good condition then they could be worth a fair bit but anything after that isn't worth much - most are just reprints of the early comics.

I have a dan dare annual 1979 any idea on its value?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 supeerhero

Hi,
    These annuals depending on condition go for between 10 to 20 Euro, it is 30 years old and the characters were cool.
    Although there was one recently on ebay with an opening bid of 99pence, didn't sell so not sure what closing bid would have been.
    Link:
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/DAN-DARE-ANNUAL-1979-2000-AD-PRODUCTION-INTACT_W0QQitemZ120422072713QQcategoryZ279QQcmdZViewItem
    Regards
    Jimmy, Superhero Comic Shop, Blackrock Market

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

I picked up several copies of this mid 80s horror comic in a charity shop.Theyre in fine condition.Would anyone know if theyre worth anything?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 sufjan

Hey guys,

im a comic newbie and im sorry if this is on the wrong thread- but im looking for some older single issues of 'the boys' by gareth ennis. I spilled milk all over my friends copies and he'll kill me if i cant replace em. everywhere i've gone say they only have em in graphic novel but no single issues. Can anyone help?

sufjan wrote: »
    everywhere i've gone say they only have em in graphic novel but no single issues. Can anyone help?

Did you try the new sub city store? It's their back issue space and also Story on Crow Corner in temple bar...check the stickies in the forum for address and map. Otherwise online there seems to be plenty of single issues on ebay.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

I have a copy of this from 1992.In v good condition.Anyone know the collectability of it?

Quick look online shows very good condition copies on sale for around the £10 mark.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 leukoshoopr

Found a Dandy comic from 1977 in my attic years ago- just recently came across it again- any ideas if it's worth anything-It's in very good condition except for a bit yellowish

Found a Dandy comic from 1977 in my attic years ago- just recently came across it again- any ideas if it's worth anything-It's in very good condition except for a bit yellowish

Fraid not really worth anything. Some really old [1940's] Dandy's go for 40 or 50 pounds on ebay but there's plenty of 1970's and 80's issues on sale on ebay for 1 or 2 pounds and alot don't seem to be selling. Some people collect the annuals but there doesn't appear to be any collector value to weekly issues.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 leukoshoopr

cheers Z- I'll hang onto it for another 60 years or so see if i can get 40 or 50 zing zotos for it or whatever they're called buy then- thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 15 SeantheDruid

My dad has some old Batman and Superman comics that his uncle gave him when he was in New York as a young lad. One Batman one looks old and has Batman with a strange looking outfit with small gloves and short ears. The comic isn't even called Batman, it's called 'Detective Comics', so it's probably not worth a lot. I always thought it was a gas comic, cos Batman pegs a lad off the roof of a house in it. Thought that Batman didn't kill people?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

The comic isn't even called Batman, it's called 'Detective Comics'

It is Batman - Detective Comics is the name of the comic he frist appeared in [issue 27] and which he still appears in today along with the monthly Batman series and a few other on going titles. Without an issue number and condition the comic is in it's hard to give you any idea of the worth of the comic.

Batman has and does kill people [all be it rarely] he doesn't use guns. He has thrown a number of people off buildings though most of them don't die but turn into super vilians.

I have a ton of eagle comics and annuals mainly 80Th's issues..don't think their worth a whole lot..80 issues in all, along with four annuals. DOOMLORD sucks diesel:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 stillbornalive

Hi all not sure where to post this but i was in the mothers attic and stumbled upon my old comics. I looking to see if they have any value and if someone can give me a bit of direction here.

There first edition prints of MASK comics circa 1986-98 no.s 1 to 80 before the eagle crossover. A good few issues are missing and spoiled

Also a lot of Transformers comics from the 80's

Any ideas

Cheers

Dave

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

I have about 12 years worth of those Panini UK Collectors comics.

I have the following.

Astonishing Spider-Man Vol 1 67 to 150
    Astonishing Spider-Man Vol 2 1 to 69
    Astonishing Spider-Man Vol 3 1 to 7 (most current)
    Avengers United 1 to 100
    Avengers Unconquered 1 to 16 (most current)
    Marvel Legends 1 to 43 (most current)

I also have all the tie in that were in other collector editions (ie Civil War, World War Hulk House of M etc) which would total maybe another 50 to 80 comics between Essential X-Men (all issues since House of M), Wolverine and Deadpool (House of M, Civil War and World War Hulk issues only) and some Mighty World of Marvel issues.

Where would be the best place to sell, and what type of price should I be looking for? It's about 350 to 400 comics, with about 3 issues per comic so it's a fairly large collection!

Any idea's on the value of a copy of 'The changeling' by A.E van Vogt 1967.

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭wavehopper1

I lived in the U.S. in the eighties and brought home a load of Marvel comics - X-Men, FF etc. But I also have a lot bought in Ireland too. So one run of X-Men will have editions I bought in U.S. interspersed with copies I bought here.

If I put these up for sale, do I specify between the two editions, U.S. versus U.K.? I'm pretty sure the covers are the same?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 cheesemonger

Hi,

Ex-Googler here. Back when the Chrome browser was launched, we were given hardcopies of the Chrome comic. I wonder would that be worth anything? If so, what would be a good place to sell it?

Cheers, C.

• Advertisement

Hi,

Ex-Googler here. Back when the Chrome browser was launched, we were given hardcopies of the Chrome comic. I wonder would that be worth anything? If so, what would be a good place to sell it?

Cheers, C.

Can't see it being worth much if anything I'm afraid as Scott McCloud who did the art work for the comic did so under a creative commons license and has done some print versions himself and it's free to download pdfs and print your own copies. Unless the print copy you were given is different in some way and part of numbered limited edition it's pretty much the same as printing your own version at home.

Advertisement