Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

28-04-2008, 15:37   #31
Hobbes

Found this site..

http://www.milehighcomics.com/cgi-bi...585658%201

Marks it at $1,500 vs $75 for Absolute edition. Not sure how accurate that site is though. Is there a way to check?

I don't have the absolute version but as far as I know the only difference is there is some extra bits in absolute (script bits missing) and the cover is different. That and the 1987 version only ever had 1,000 prints and only 100 of them were signed (afair) on release.
Advertisement
28-04-2008, 16:35   #32
Fysh

I've found another site, nostomania.com, that reckons a mint copy is worth over $2k. That said, the range of Mint to Near-Mint goes from $2320 to $130, and they also reckon there's not a lot of demand for it, which makes sense considering the recent widespread release of Absolute Watchmen. (See attached PDF).

If you can find a hardcore collector who's looking for it, you may be able to get a tidy sum for it, although you'll probably need to submit it for grading as part of the deal (to prove that it conforms to the comic fanboy's suitable obsessive definition of Mint/Near Mint - see here for details).
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Nostomania - Watchmen.pdf (98.0 KB, 100 views)
Thanks from:
15-06-2008, 21:31   #33
RonnieT

Hi all, I wonder can anyone give me an idea of the value of a complete set of Warrior magazines ? They were a creator owned British publication, early 80's I think, original V for Vendetta / Marvelman by Alan Moore etc. I loved them when they came out, buying them when I saw them, then later I went hunting for the complete set.

From memory, there's 25 issues. All are in at least Very Good condition. Any ideas ? If I was going to sell, I'd want to pass on the entire set.

Thanks in advance
16-06-2008, 02:30   #34
ztoical

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonnieT View Post
Hi all, I wonder can anyone give me an idea of the value of a complete set of Warrior magazines ? They were a creator owned British publication, early 80's I think, original V for Vendetta / Marvelman by Alan Moore etc. I loved them when they came out, buying them when I saw them, then later I went hunting for the complete set.

From memory, there's 25 issues. All are in at least Very Good condition. Any ideas ? If I was going to sell, I'd want to pass on the entire set.

Thanks in advance
I've seen full sets sell on ebay for between $100 and $150
16-06-2008, 14:42   #35
RonnieT

Thanks ztoical, not quite as much as I'd hoped for... I'll be hanging on to them, I think! But thanks for the reply.
Advertisement
24-06-2008, 12:02   #36
Sharpshooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BopNiblets View Post
How are my chances of finding a copy of Batman: The Man Who Laughs? I know it's out of print.
I see a few on eBay USA now and then but they always get grabbed up quick.

I'm basically a newbie collector and I was wondering what my chances of getting one if I put a wanted ad up on adverts.ie or something?

Also like to know the availability of "All Star Batman and Robin Boy Wonder", I heard it's not great but I really like Jim Lees Hush 1&2 and Frank Miller.

Thanks.
Quoting this one because l hope you might be able
to tell me if A NO 1 of BATMAN...And The Ringer!
would be worth anything? It doesn't say when it was
published but the price on it is 1/.It says its by
WORLD ADVENTURE LIBRARY.
Thanks in advance.
24-06-2008, 14:52   #37
ztoical

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharpshooterH View Post
Quoting this one because l hope you might be able
to tell me if A NO 1 of BATMAN...And The Ringer!
would be worth anything? It doesn't say when it was
published but the price on it is 1/.It says its by
WORLD ADVENTURE LIBRARY.
Thanks in advance.
World Adventure library series was printed by English publisher World Distributors in the late 60's - I'm not 100% but I do believe the stories were original and not just reprints of the american comics [thou I'm open for correction] They only printed a short run [either 12 or 14 issues] for a bunch of different characters including batman and superman. I've had a quick look online and only listing I could see was for a full set of first issues of the whole world adventure library series [7 titles] selling for 55 pound sterling
Thanks from:
24-06-2008, 18:00   #38
Sharpshooter

Thanks for that,it was more than l knew before,it is knocking
around a long time.
05-07-2008, 18:37   #39
ScumLord

Comic collection worth anything?

I have about 300 issues of 2000ad from around 800 - 1100. I also have two old issues around the 200 mark, probably have a few specials in there too.

Are these worth anything? Whats the best way of getting rid of them? Sell individually on ebay direct or sell bulk to a shop?
Advertisement
05-07-2008, 23:08   #40
o1s1n

I'm afraid they're not really worth anything individually. Some of the later ones around 1100 might be worth a quid at most each, as they're a little rarer than 800-1000. But that's still pushing it. And you'd have a hard time finding people to buy them.

The thing about 2000AD is there are absolutely buckets of them floating about. Especially progs 400 - about 900. It really was all over the place. Those ones are only worth about 20c each at most.

It would have a certain amount of value as a collection though. If you could find the correct person to buy it from you. I've personally put together a collection of 1000 in the last couple of years, and most of that was either given to me for free or bought in bulk at car boot sales for next to nothing.

You'd be better off just hanging on to them!

- Actually, one place where I've picked up lots for cheap was that comic shop in temple bar. I can't remember the name. It's on the corner around from Temple Bar Music Centre. He always has old progs stocked. Might be worth your while asking if he wants them.

Last edited by o1s1n; 05-07-2008 at 23:12.
08-07-2008, 14:52   #41
shenanigans1982

Anyone know where I can find a copy of X-men 70 (by Joe Kelly and Carlos Pacheco, I think)....I have tried a lot of places and most just seem to go from 69-71. Dunno how I managed to miss out on it when it originally came out considering I have every other issue but I never expected it to be so hard to come across.
08-07-2008, 14:58   #42
Fysh

Do you mean this one?
08-07-2008, 15:24   #43
shenanigans1982

Thank you good sir.
12-07-2008, 20:19   #44

Hi Guys, I'm trying to sell some of my old comics on adverts.ie. If anyone is interested, they can have a look here:

http://www.adverts.ie/showproduct.ph...t=62999&cat=36
14-08-2008, 12:26   #45
Banned

Essential X-Men #1 and Wolverine Unleashed #1... worth much?

I have these comics at home, still in fairly decent nick.

would I get much for them? and if not, how long do you think I'll have to wait until they gain a bit of value? or will they gain any value at all since they are just collections of stories from previously released comics.

eh?

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion