Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Sunday Blues

Options
  • 01-06-2015 12:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭

Well, with the Bank Holiday today it's Monday Blues this week, but the same concept applies. :pac:

Anyone else suffer badly with these?

That feeling which usually comes around Sunday evening when the thought of work and another week ahead fills you with dread. I don't even know why I suffer with it in all honesty, my job is fine, but from around 5pm/6pm on Sunday my stomach is in knots. This continues when trying to get to sleep on Sunday night, through Monday morning, on my commute and doesn't stop until I actually walk into work, at which point I'm fine again :pac:

It's twice as bad if you're just coming off a week or two off. :eek:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

i get it too and i'm on the dole

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Tilly

I used to have a horrible bully of a boss and used to feel this dread. My company got rid of her 2 years ago and I practically skip into work after the weekend these days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

I used to have it in my previous highly pressurized job except it came around for me on Saturday afternoon and it basically spoilt my weekend.

My job now is fine so it doesn't really bother me as much now an the days fly by in my current job as well without all the pressure so I don't mind going in on Monday's as much.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭harry Bailey esq

I thought this thread was gonna be about using Valium as a hangover cure.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

No hangover this morn, been to town to pick up a few bits, feel great, looking forward to the racing this afternoon!

To banish the blues just think of this, it's a short working week this week, it'll be the weekend again before you know it ;)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,618 ✭✭✭The Diabolical Monocle

@03:44 its funny because its true

• Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭fizzypish

I don't have today off......

• Registered Users Posts: 3,747 ✭✭✭fleet_admiral

Im in work in an hour til 11. My weekend doesnt start til Wednesday :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭ThinkProgress

I get them, but for a slightly different reason. I always take sunday as a rest day from workouts/gym etc.

So even though I know I need that day off to recover, I still seem to get a bit of a downer. Like coming down off a drug or something! lol

I don't exactly LOVE monday mornings either though. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

Used to get them something awful in my schooldays. Then again, considering what was on telly then it's no wonder a whole generation was scarred for life; Bracken, Glenroe, Last Of The Summer Wine, The Darling Buds Of May, All Creatures Great And Small. *shudder*

Then I learned that every day is just the same with a different name on it and I don't care any more.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

And right on cue, that dreading feeling comes back again. Had a great day with the family and now the realisation has hit. The weird thing is, I'll be absolutely fine once I sit down at my desk tomorrow morning - until Sunday evening comes around again :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

Paully D wrote: »
    And right on cue, that dreading feeling comes back again. Had a great day with the family and now the realisation has hit. The weird thing is, I'll be absolutely fine once I sit down at my desk tomorrow morning - until Sunday evening comes around again :pac:
    You should switch to a self employed career where you never know where the next pound is coming out of, no more Sunday night dread. Guaranteed.:)

Advertisement