Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Forums showing last page first

• 05-03-2020 7:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21,108 ✭✭✭✭

Unsure if this is correct forum, it seems like a bug. On mobile, and as per thread title, I can go from a thread back to a forum and itll show the last page first. It happened s randomly, as after a refresh or 2, it goes back to normal.

Is this happening others, or noticed?

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,258 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

Yep happening for me as well. Touch site.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Likewise but I have had fun reading 15 year old threads.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,116 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Happening to me too. Touch site on both iOS (Chrome) and Android (Firefox).

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Mark
    Boards.ie Employee

Thanks for the reports. Dev team are aware of this and working to get to the bottom of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭FFVII

I'm on touch.

If I click a link in to say AH or BA or whatever, it's bringing me to the very first threads in those forums.

3 days now.

Only me?

• Advertisement
    Boards.ie Employee

Hi FFVII,

The dev team is aware of this issue and working on a fix. In the meantime, it should rectify itself if you refresh the page (though it may take more than one). Sorry for the disruption.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Still ongoing only noticed recently opening pages brings you to 13 year old posts on touch

Boards.ie Employee

Sorry for the disruption, but this may continue for a little while longer. A refresh seems to rectify the issue in the short term.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,833 ✭✭✭daheff

For me I'm occasionally getting threads from 10-15 years ago!!

On touch too

• Registered Users Posts: 4,123 ✭✭✭shanec1928

Seems to be getting worse and worse.has been an occasional happening but now nearly every time you go back to a forum after reading a thread.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭sasta le

Yeah happening me too

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭extremehalo

Hi FFVII,

The dev team is aware of this issue and working on a fix. In the meantime, it should rectify itself if you refresh the page (though it may take more than one). Sorry for the disruption.

Any feedback on this yet Mark? Appears to be getting worse if anything. Phone appears worse than laptop.

Boards.ie Employee

I understand this is frustrating and we're sorry for the disruption, but currently it's a choice between this and the best chance of keeping the site going with the influx of traffic that comes with any official announcement (or rumour in some cases).

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭fguinan

I understand this is frustrating and we're sorry for the disruption, but currently it's a choice between this and the best chance of keeping the site going with the influx of traffic that comes with any official announcement (or rumour in some cases).

Glad it's not just me!

Boards.ie Employee

Merging Feedback thread into Site Development, so everyone's on the same page. Sorry for the ongoing disruption.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭wilser

Have noticed a problem lately. When I click on some of my bookmarks it will often display a page from over 10 years ago.
    For example when I click on the motors forum it will go to the first page from 14 years ago, yet if I refresh the page it will go to the current page.
    Am using edge browser on Android but it also happens with chrome

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

I've also had this on android

• Registered Users Posts: 10,902 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

wilser wrote: »
    Have noticed a problem lately. When I click on some of my bookmarks it will often display a page from over 10 years ago.
    For example when I click on the motors forum it will go to the first page from 14 years ago, yet if I refresh the page it will go to the current page.
    Am using edge browser on Android but it also happens with chrome

Yep, have the same problem for days on chrome on android. Also often I'll click next page and it'll be from 10 plus years ago*, then click again, the correct page will be displayed. Think boards has a problem with the space time continuum.

*reassuring to know the Rugby League forum was NEVER busy (not just when I modded it :pac:)

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,120 ✭✭✭lau1247

I'm having the same issue on mobile (Using OnePlus 6T with Samsung Internet Browser). It would appear that a quick refresh of the page will load the correct page but it is still annoying none the less.

West Dublin, ☀️ 7.83kWp ⚡5.66 kWp South West, ⚡2.18 kWp North East

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,969 ✭✭✭Assetbacked

Chrome on android here and having this issue.

• Advertisement
    Boards.ie Employee

Merging related feedback thread into this thread. Sorry, but I don't have any further news.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Ste16051986

I have this issue also, how can I refresh the forum to bring me to the current posts, I can't see a refresh cog. I have tried a few different t ways but can't seem to navigate away from the 10+ year old threads...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭FFVII

I have this issue also, how can I refresh the forum to bring me to the current posts, I can't see a refresh cog. I have tried a few different t ways but can't seem to navigate away from the 10+ year old threads...

Just reload the page

It hasn't happened me in awhile, how are you opening the forum...

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Niamh
    Boards.ie Community Manager

Just use the refresh button on your browser, it will look something like an arrow travelling in a circle.

507933.png

Boards.ie Employee

To add to the above, on some browsers it may be hidden in the menu that's opened by tapping on the three dots in the top right.

You could also try dragging your finger downwards on the screen (as if you were trying to scroll back up the forum page, but when you're already at the top). This works to refresh the page on my Samsung.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Ste16051986

Thanks for the reply - strangely enough on my Sony phone which is where I do most of my browsing boards, I cant refresh by dragging the screen down once in the followed forum and also when I click the 3 dots while in the forum the only option I have is - "Follow this Thread". I am now using my desktop and don't have that issue ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭Ciano35

Happening to me again on iOS.

Yup, just started happening again

Android, chrome, touch site

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Niamh
    Boards.ie Community Manager

Thanks all, a refresh of the page should fix it for the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 84,931 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Likewise but I have had fun reading 15 year old threads.

Yes on the mobile same for me

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement