Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When did Gemma O Doherty go batshyt crazy?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭TaurenDruid

It was pretty disgraceful that they had the meeting of Gemma O'Doherty's new part prevented by their usual "we'll picket you and go to Joe Duffy" form of blocking free speech. These b*stards on the left are only willing to support free speech when that free speech supports their own views. Everybody has the right to hold a meeting to air their views.

So how are you with GO'D tweeting at Cork County Council about one of their social housing tenants and her family, because the tenant has to temerity to question GO'D's hatespeech?

There's a bit of a step up between requesting a private venue to rethink a hire, and trying to silence someone by threatening the roof over their head!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,668 ✭✭✭whippet

She really is in the gutter and thanks be to god that the county councils didn’t buy in to her nonsense and give her a run and the election .. imagine giving her sheep followers a platform to espouse hate and lies on national airwaves

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭TheRepentent

All I can gather from her twitter acount and blog ,Fiona O'Leary is only in G'OD's sights is that she has exposed her as a cockroache or have I missed something?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,744 ✭✭✭marieholmfan

Gemma O'D is aligning herself with the Scientologists here. A step too far!

Gemma I am OUT!

You have become a parody of a new right troll!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 274 ✭✭Auntie Semite

Gemma I am OUT!

Scientologists? Where are you getting this from?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,215 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Gemma I am OUT!

Sure Jan gif

• Registered Users Posts: 16,106 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

gman2k wrote: »
    Everyone who is not a fascist has the right to highlight that a far right group is trying to hold a meeting in a hotel and that the hotel owners may not want to be associated with them.

Let's be very clear here. GoD is espousing anti immigrant, homophobic, anti Muslim rhetoric. She is retweeting Katie Hopkins, RT (Kremlin propaganda) and US far right views.
    This is more than "free speech", it's about not having fascists spreading fear and hate and enabling the murderous extremists like the one in NZ.

Normal decent people tolerate everything except the intolerant.

It's weird that these guys are all so "freedom of speech" yet they want to stop people protesting against them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 274 ✭✭Auntie Semite

Grayson wrote: »
    It's weird that these guys are all so "freedom of speech" yet they want to stop people protesting against them.

Astounding mental gymnastics there..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,940 ✭✭✭Odhinn

All I can gather from her twitter acount and blog ,Fiona O'Leary is only in G'OD's sights is that she has exposed her as a cockroache or have I missed something?

Is this Fiona OLeary an autism campaigner? What did she do to stir up O'Doherty?

Odhinn wrote: »
    Is this Fiona OLeary an autism campaigner? What did she do to stir up O'Doherty?

Said that bleach probably wasn't the best help with Autism. And said that vaccines are a force for good. Mad, I know.

Also, called the hotel that was hosting G'O'D and said that the aforementioned was claiming that the Christchurch massacre was a 'false flag' operation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,277 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Fiona O'Leary isn't above harassing people herself on Twitter and YouTube. She's just getting a taste of her own medicine.

It was pretty disgraceful that they had the meeting of Gemma O'Doherty's new part prevented by their usual "we'll picket you and go to Joe Duffy" form of blocking free speech. These b*stards on the left are only willing to support free speech when that free speech supports their own views. Everybody has the right to hold a meeting to air their views.

If you don't like what she says, then don't go. Switch off the channel, just like I do when Paul Murphy, Brid Smith, Richard Boy Barrett or any Newstalk presenter starts inflicting their nonsense on my eardrums.
    If Gemma is such a fan of free speech, why did she throw out the guy who was livestreaming her meeting in Ashbourne?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭gman2k

What's difficult to understand?
    Gemma is Shiite talking about free speech, yet she never answers simple questions from critics, but instantly labels them as Soros funded trolls and blocks them on social media.
    She goes on about her good name....which she no longer has since she set fire to her reputation with homophobic, xenophobic, anti Muslim utterances.
    They ( the fascists) want free speech, but don't want to be challenged or questioned. Nobody has stopped her from getting up on her soapbox on any streetcorner (modern day equivalent is social media)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,073 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Got over your dissapointment over the mosque false flag quickly enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,391 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Simple question

If Gemma and her ilk are so in favour of "free speech" why do they block anyone who questions them on FB or Twitter?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Grayson wrote: »

It's really not, I'd reckon if you go through many of the posting histories of the same people screaming about free speech for the far right, you would find many of them are strongly against the same for Islamic hate preachers and the likes,NFL players kneeling, the very existence of the Clonskeagh mosque or Pavee Point and on and on.

This doesn't count for all advocating unfettered free speech, but for a lot of them it has absolutely nothing to do with free speech and everything to do with pushing forward their agenda. Just like how much AH seemed to collectively hate drone attacks and had threads on them very regularly because it apparently was such a serious issue they felt so strongly about........ right up until Jan 20th, 2017. Drone attacks have only gone up since then, yet mysteriously those same people just don't seem to care anymore.

It's been proven by many of them time and again, it often has nothing to do with the topic at hand, and instead has everything to do with making sure to keep in lock-step with "their side", endless amounts of hypocrisy be damned.

Simple question

If Gemma and her ilk are so in favour of "free speech" why do they block anyone who questions them on FB or Twitter?

She blocked myself on Twitter when I simply asked her if she knew what the President of Ireland could ACTUALLY DO. :pac:

Birneybau wrote: »
    She blocked myself on Twitter when I simply asked her if she knew what the President of Ireland could ACTUALLY DO. :pac:
    You claim to be tolerant but you refuse to tolerate Gemma's ignorance :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 40,089 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

You claim to be tolerant but you refuse to tolerate Gemma's ignorance :rolleyes:

they were simply pointing out her hypocrisy. Though i dont see why they, or anybody, should tolerate the willful ignorance of others.

Ta Da! From literally this page and the last. You have absolutely no credibility. Good luck with that.

Gemma I am OUT!

Birneybau wrote: »
    Sure Jan gif

• Registered Users Posts: 40,724 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

No not cured but symptoms alleviated. Mixture of medication and Cognitive Behaviour Therapy.

Do you support treating autism with bleach?

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Advertisement

It's not. Gemma has literally said she wants Fiona O'Leary silenced. She is threatening Fiona O'Leary because she doesnt like what Fiona says.

Gemma is a hateful homophobic transphobic racist anti vax islamophobic bigot who has just aligned herself with some extreme far right fascists and who tries to silence anyone who disagrees with her by legal threats, socisl media blocking and now worst of all nasty vile hateful harassment of people who oppose her views.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 7,237 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

Iys not. Gemma has literally said she wants Fiona O'Leary silenced.

Gemma is a hateful homophobic transphobic racist anti vax islamophobic bigot who has just aligned herself with some extreme far right fascists and who tries to silence anyone who disagrees with her by legal threats, socisl media blocking and now worst of all nasty vile hateful harassment of people who oppose her views.

But that's what people like about her. There are a lot of people out there who just dislike people. It might be because of their own failings or they might just be shít people but they like it when someone else is shítty publicly. It validates their hate.

This is Gemma's appeal. She says the shítty things online that they would be afraid to in case someone were to disagree with them which they equate with left-wing totalitarian censorship.

This is why they try to defend her online without actually defending her being shítty but instead pretend that they're all about free expression and against censorship. It's clearly impossible to defend the nonsense and hate that she spews and they know it. The problem is that they like the shítty things and feel compelled to defend her.

Again, this is why they go down the free-speech and censorship road. Everyone likes free speech and hates censorship, right?

But that's what people like about her. There are a lot of people out there who just dislike people. It might be because of their own failings or they might just be shít people but they like it when someone else is shítty publicly. It validates their hate.

This is Gemma's appeal. She says the shítty things online that they would be afraid to in case someone were to disagree with them which they equate with left-wing totalitarian censorship.

This is why they try to defend her online without actually defending her being shítty but instead pretend that they're all about free expression and against censorship. It's clearly impossible to defend the nonsense and hate that she spews and they know it. The problem is that they like the shítty things and feel compelled to defend her.

Again, this is why they go down the free-speech and censorship road. Everyone likes free speech and hates censorship, right?

Gemma doesnt. Shes a hypocrite. Free speech until someone challenges Gemma.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 7,237 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

Gemma doesnt. Shes a hypocrite. Free speech until someone challenges Gemma.

Oh I know. This is what makes these appeals to free speech even more absurd. They don't really give a flying fcuk about free speech. You'll notice that you never see these people partake in any discussion about free speech as a topic in itself.

It's only when Tommy Robinson, Alex Jones or any other of those shít-merchants are being discussed that they suddenly pretend that free speech is something that they've always cared about. It's completely disingenuous but it allows them to defend these shítty people that they love without having to actually defend their actions and instead pretend that their in some deep abstract discussion on the philosophy of freedom of expression.

Like I said, they don't give a flying fcuk about it until one of their own is kicked off a private company's platform.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

A recent YouTube cast was a hilariously shrill. She was interviewing a Danish woman and then spent the rest of the show reflecting on what she observed on her Skandy trip.

One story (true or not) involved seeing a man using the lady's toilets in an airport. The Danish women there didn't mind and said it's normal if the men's toilets were busy. She gave chase to the man and gave him a good piece of her mind and said This wasn't acceptable!
    She went on to it took an Irish woman to tell Danish people what was acceptable...in their country! All without a hint of irony

Most her rant was based around the disgusting pervasive sexualisation of women and her perceived notion of a decline in sexual morals.
    She's kinda Mary Whitehouse-ish with a twist of warped evil nun.

This is a staggering level of intolerance towards homophobes, islamophobes and transphobes.

Why not try to find out what she is so afraid of and help her overcome her fears.

they were simply pointing out her hypocrisy. Though i dont see why they, or anybody, should tolerate the willful ignorance of others.
    They claim to be tolerant but when it comes to hypocrisy and intolerance all their liberal platitudes go out the window.

:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

They claim to be tolerant but when it comes to hypocrisy and intolerance all their liberal platitudes go out the window.

When you're squealing about how others need to tolerate your intolerance, you've already lost the argument.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 19,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

This is a staggering level of intolerance towards homophobes, islamophobes and transphobes.

Why not try to find out what she is so afraid of and help her overcome her fears.

How very dare people not tolerate intolerance!

Cheek of them.

We should hold the hands of those who hate us (homophobes in my case) and say there there. It's ok to be so afraid of me you would like to see me wiped from the face of the Earth. Poor scared little pookie.

F that!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement