Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rahillion, Donabate - New build

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,150 ✭✭✭PukkaStukka

Anyone living in Rahillion got an opinion on the "heat to water pump" heating they are using?

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭jester1980

Any of the Crescent lucky enough to move in?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 emmack

jester1980 wrote: »
    Any of the Crescent lucky enough to move in?

Yes. We got our keys last Friday (27th) and have moved in. A few other people also got their keys the same day.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 mchurc01

Hi Guys

Is there anyone else gearing up for the next phase of the Drive due to be finished in Dec/Jan?

Any movement on the contracts from the developer - seems to be going at a snails pace.

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Lyncher101

mchurc01 wrote: »
    Hi Guys

Is there anyone else gearing up for the next phase of the Drive due to be finished in Dec/Jan?

Any movement on the contracts from the developer - seems to be going at a snails pace.

Cheers

Hi

I think at this stage this phase won't be completed until at least end March 2019. If not a month or 2 more. Was looking forward to moving in earlier, but since the issue of contracts seems to be taking an eternity, have geared ourselves up for a spring (summer?!) 2019 move.

Cheers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 mchurc01

You're kidding!

We were told Oct for move in originally then it was pushed to Nov/Dec - then Dec/Jan

This is taking forever

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭stiofan85

mchurc01 wrote: »
    You're kidding!

We were told Oct for move in originally then it was pushed to Nov/Dec - then Dec/Jan

This is taking forever

This sounds brutal. we just put a holding deposit down for the next phase launching this week for Rahillion Park. By the sounds of things it'll be Dec 2019 before we move in.

Have you guys that are waiting for contracts on Rahillion Drive sold your current homes or have you postponed? We told the EA we won't be putting ours up for sale until we have a confirmed closing date/month. Sounds like that may be very hard to tie down.

Will be watching this thread with interest - hopefully you guys get sorted ASAP.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 dcresham

stiofan85 wrote:
    Have you guys that are waiting for contracts on Rahillion Drive sold your current homes or have you postponed? We told the EA we won't be putting ours up for sale until we have a confirmed closing date/month. Sounds like that may be very hard to tie down.

stiofan85 wrote:
    This sounds brutal. we just put a holding deposit down for the next phase launching this week for Rahillion Park. By the sounds of things it'll be Dec 2019 before we move in.

stiofan85 wrote:
    Will be watching this thread with interest - hopefully you guys get sorted ASAP.

We put a deposit down in July 2017. Still not in, don't hold your breath on timelines.

dcresham wrote: »
    We put a deposit down in July 2017. Still not in, don't hold your breath on timelines.

Wow. I am really sorry to hear it's taken that long for you. Honestly, a longer wait suits us due to baby #2 on the way but 18mts (by the sound of things) seems likely. A bit too long but I guess we'll see how things go.

Are you renting or moving house? If moving, have you sold yet? Seems crazy to expect people to sell up and rent without a clear closing date

• Registered Users Posts: 16 gtj10

dcresham wrote: »

We are similar, we've had a deposit down since Sept 17 and still haven't even received contracts. When we paid the deposit we were told we'd be in around May 18, then Sept, then Dec, now its looking like April/May 19. Our mortgage approval has now expired, so we'll have to submit everything again.

• Advertisement

gtj10 wrote: »
    We are similar, we've had a deposit down since Sept 17 and still haven't even received contracts. When we paid the deposit we were told we'd be in around May 18, then Sept, then Dec, now its looking like April/May 19. Our mortgage approval has now expired, so we'll have to submit everything again.

is this for the drive?

is this for the drive?

No, we're on the Place

that's an awful long wait, nearly 2 years, sorry to hear that.

Such unclear timelines make it a pox for sorting creche. Baby #1 will be in school at that rate!

Sorry it's been so long for you

that's an awful long wait, nearly 2 years, sorry to hear that.

Thanks, we're trying to remain patient and understand that delays happen but its stressful trying to coordinate everything around a date that keeps changing.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Tk89

Hi guys, does anybody who has moved in have any recommendations for suppliers/installers for the flooring and for the mirror glazing & shower doors in the bathrooms?
    If you could PM me any recommended contacts that would be great!

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Pdbeighty1

We used John Gouldsbury Floorings they are based in donabate. The supply and fit the floors. Excellent service and they did a great job. Id definitely recommend giving john a call.
    Hes pretty busy so its worth calling and letting him know snagging dates, move in dates etc

We have used John as well, picked all the floors and he'll be putting them down in about 2 weeks, hes comes out to your house, All very professional.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Bunt1989

Has anyone heard anything about the status of the phase 4 part of the development? I saw there is still a planning application in for extra units but with the launch next weekend, I wonder if they are close to getting the planning approved?

Bunt1989 wrote: »
    Has anyone heard anything about the status of the phase 4 part of the development? I saw there is still a planning application in for extra units but with the launch next weekend, I wonder if they are close to getting the planning approved?

When I spoke to the EA she said the PP was pretty much there but they had to make some small changes and should get it over the line in the next few weeks. How true that is, I am unsure.

Timing wise she said Easter/early summer for the first houses from the next phase to be ready. Told her I had read this thread and was expecting closer to Xmas and she laughed and said no way, August at the latest. Can't see that based on what's written in here but it suits us for later rather than sooner, but probably not many others.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭Greentree_uk

can people confirm what broadband speed is available?

can people confirm what broadband speed is available?
    Not living in Rahillion but close, and with Eir, I'm generally getting 75Mb over the phone line. Virgin is getting around 120 but I found its contention higher and Eir therefore to be better and definitely more consistent.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Pdbeighty1

We have virgin media 360mbps. Its an excellent service

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭fungie

Was thinking of putting down a deposit this weekend for the new phase. Just wondering, how long is it usually between giving booking deposit and paying the rest? I.e. the houses won't be ready until summer 2019, when do you pay the final deposit?

Pdbeighty1 wrote: »
    We have virgin media 360mbps. Its an excellent service
    You in Donabate?

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Lyncher101

fungie wrote: »
    Was thinking of putting down a deposit this weekend for the new phase. Just wondering, how long is it usually between giving booking deposit and paying the rest? I.e. the houses won't be ready until summer 2019, when do you pay the final deposit?

Hi

You pay a booking deposit (1% to 2%) to secure a particular address and then when contracts are issued, you pay the remainder of the 10%. Based on everything above, it is likely that you won't receive a contract for quite some time! When house is complete and snagged, the outstanding amount is drawn down for your first mortgage repayment.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 BWT

Found this on Donabate FB page:
    1200 social house planned for Donabate and locals not been involved in discussion.

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭Maldini2706

gtj10 wrote: »

We're in the same boat, deposit down in October 17, original move in date was May '18, now being told May '19 and just got told last week that we'd have to reapply for the mortgage because it has run on so long which is probably more annoying than the wait.

fungie wrote: »

It'd be hard to tell really, the previous phases were delayed by planning permission problems whereas it seems like this last phase won't be affected as badly by those issues as it is due to be granted soon.

BWT wrote: »
    Found this on Donabate FB page:
    1200 social house planned for Donabate and locals not been involved in discussion.

It's 1000 units with 500 up for private sale, 300 social housing and 200 affordable housing.

https://www.independent.ie/regionals/fingalindependent/news/1000-home-project-for-donabate-is-advancing-37234041.html

• Registered Users Posts: 15 rcallagh

Has anyone got a snagging date for the current phase of the Park or Place?? Was hoping for a call soon, was originally May, then July, then Aug!! Latest update is late Sept, but no date yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 Sujesha

rcallagh wrote: »
    Has anyone got a snagging date for the current phase of the Park or Place?? Was hoping for a call soon, was originally May, then July, then Aug!! Latest update is late Sept, but no date yet.
    Hi rcallagh, my husband and I are waiting for the snagging to happen as well. I called Gordon today and he gave an estimate of mid october. It’s somehow getting dragged on which is rather frustrating.

Advertisement