Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Autumn Weather 2016 - General Discussion

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,102 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Got sunny about 12 in West Clare for about 3 hours. Due to circumstance I had to wear quite comprehensive and unsuitable clothing for the weather. Uncomfortable is not a suitable enough word.

Weather station tells me 24.7c earlier, probably overestimating a little.

25c in Dublin Aiport at 4pm.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,699 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Phoenix Park reporting 26c at 1600.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

21.8C in Castlebar currently, the hottest it has been in weeks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 787 ✭✭✭ArKl0w

25.9c :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Felt really hot earlier this afternoon in Dublin City centre. Anyone know what the temp was?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,699 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Felt really hot earlier this afternoon in Dublin City centre. Anyone know what the temp was?

26c reported in the Phoenix Park (at 4pm).

• Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭ABlur

Thick drizzle on the Aran Islands about 17 degrees at a push. Oh and standing room only on the ferry out of Kilronan! !

• Registered Users Posts: 6,034 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

Carnacalla wrote: »
    25c in Dublin Aiport at 4pm.
    ..... possibly an all time Sept record for there?
    24.6c on 17/9/03 is the one to beat.
    My max today was 24.8c and 24.4c now.

..... possibly an all time Sept record for there?
    24.6c on 17/9/03 is the one to beat.
    My max today was 24.8c and 24.4c now.

Very likely, the 16:00, 16:30 and 17:00 all report 25c!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

I've been saying this for years and years - Irish summer tends to be strongest at the end of Spring and the beginning of Autumn. Mid summer is extremely hit and miss here, I can recall many absolutely horrendous Julys and early Augusts in my time, but April-June and September-October have generally in my memory tended to be at least mostly dry, and in the last few years have included a good amount of Indian Summer style sunshine.

Anyone else agree? My birthday is mid-July and I can remember so many intended garden parties having to be relocated over the years due to rain, and not just drizzle but full on torrential stuff. :D Conversely, I always find myself looking forward to the back-to-college weather of September and October because it has tended to include a lot of outdoor-pints favourable weather :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,034 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

DOCARCH wrote: »
    There will NO records broken there, the all time record for Sept is 27.6c way back on Sept 2nd 1906!

The 29.1c mentioned by MickMackey1 earlier was on the previous day in Co Kildare.

There will NO records broken there, the all time record for Sept is 27.6c way back on Sept 2nd 1906!

You brought up the records...not me! :pac:

High of 24.9c here in Dublin 16. 24.2c atm.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

DOCARCH wrote: »

Have to say, it really felt hotter than that, it was boiling hot.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

got close to 27C here in Meath today, probably the 2nd hottest day of the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,322 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Max of 27'6C here today, still 26C, unbelievably hot!

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 787 ✭✭✭ArKl0w

Have to say, it really felt hotter than that, it was boiling hot.

It would have been hotter than that alright in the urban jungle as opposed to out in the park
    Just no recorders

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

some areas probably got 28C, just not recorded.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,727 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

ArKl0w wrote: »
    24.7 c now in Arklow,amazonic humidity on a gorgeous sunny day :)
    max 24.7c ...... and 24.5c at the moment. :)

My high for the day was 24.7C, it then got cloudy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,659 ✭✭✭Darwin

I think what's pretty interesting is the forecast overnight temperatures of 18c in places with humidity levels in the 90s, should make for a muggy night.

• Advertisement

Darwin wrote: »
    I think what's pretty interesting is the forecast overnight temperatures of 18c in places with humidity levels in the 90s, should make for a muggy night.

Yeah...going to be a warm one. Still 23.0c here in Dublin 16. RH 80%. Wind has died/calm now.

• Moderators Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

What a day, pity I was in the office for the most part.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,813 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

A low pressure has crept or I should say charged into the models on Weds and deepening as it moves up along the Western Seaboard early Thurs, the models showing very strong winds at this stage initially in the SW and moving up along the country. This has seemed to pop up out of nowhere . It has the potential to be quite strong I would think if it develops as the models suggest. Fast moving. One to certainly watch closely.

f4Y5XwU.gif

8wWDVx3.png

BtIdQOu.gif

FsOXJoF.gif

Dublin AP still reporting 23C :eek:

LEIN wrote: »
    Dublin AP still reporting 23C :eek:

same here, feel weird when you walk outside and open the door into a wall of heat for this time of the evening/night! just like southern Spain.

Gonzo wrote: »
    same here, feel weird when you walk outside and open the door into a wall of heat for this time of the evening/night! just like southern Spain.

Was thinking the same earlier when I left the air conditioned office. Was like getting off the plane in Malaga.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,813 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

The next run shall tell a lot. Are we looking at the potential of a Bomb or near to it here, ie dropping 24mb in 24 hrs ?

9ZdS51u.png

Still 20.6C here.

19.1c here in West Clare, windows open.

Noise of the rescue helicopter in the distance, hopefully someone didn't decide to go for an afterdark swim to cool off:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,363 ✭✭✭KingBrian2

Anyone else experiencing weather related problems? The temp getting to me.

Advertisement