Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broken characters?

• 17-06-2020 11:36pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 24,950 CMod ✭✭✭✭

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058086795

I was sure that thread had proper quotes in the title yesterday, and not 516823.png

Am I misremembering?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭Rodney Bathgate

Spear wrote: »
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058086795

I was sure that thread had proper quotes in the title yesterday, and not 516823.png

Am I misremembering?

Maybe you were using the touch site? No encoding issue visible with touch site, encoding issue visible when you switch to full site.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 24,950 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Maybe you were using the touch site? No encoding issue visible with touch site, encoding issue visible when you switch to full site.

I never use the touch site, only the full desktop version.

If I copy and paste the characters as shown into a post body, they do display as quotes, but slightly different ones from the regular quotes.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement