Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Advice

Options
  • 02-10-2006 9:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hello,

Im new and I cant believe how helpful everyone is?

Im interested in a postgrade or masters in behavioural anaysis, and was wondering had any one else heard the rumours that UL might be getting this course. I know theyve knewly started the dotoral in clinical pyschology.
    So far in Ireland all Iknow of is nui Galway and Colraine.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭Playboy

I'm not aware of it but the best thing to do would be to contact the university directly.

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭LilMrsDahamsta

UCC also runs two courses in this area, a PG HDip and an MA. I don't know anyone who has done either, but the course director has a pretty good reputation generally. Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 11 niamhey

Masters in ABA are currently being run in maynooth, galway and UU coleraine. Maynooth has been running the longest and has a strong ABA tradition (along with UU). There's also the 1 year course in trinity that qualifies you to take the board exam to become an associate behaviour analyst. If you do any of the masters courses, they ususally qualify you to take the board exam to become a certified behaviour analyst. Bear in mind the cost of masters programmes in ABA - it's shocking! Especially as its not a definite route into a definite professional role (although it obviously opens lots of doors to behaviour support jobs, consultancy etc). Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭taztastic

I was working in an ABA school last year and quite a few of the staff did the associate analyst course at the weekends in Trinity. My advice would be go for a ABA tutor job, then you'll have the hours of supervision as part of your job, you have lots of options for case studies (of which they needed two), and you could probably get at least half your course fees paid!
    Alternatively I know one person who actually travelled to Wales one day a week to do the masters over there.

Advertisement