Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Rolex spotting

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Bren_C

It was Keane’s in limerick with a nice big ‘SOLD’ sign on it but I’m on the ‘list’ for a pepsi and (certainly sooner) an AirKing so they let me have a go for GMT jubilee fit.

• Registered Users Posts: 64,762 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Out in my local jewellers today, a brand new two tone sub like this:

116613LB-Sub.jpg

I tried it on. And it did absolutely nothing for me. Never a fan of the gold in the two tone, but the shape of the back of the watch was all wrong. Like a big flat plate. Didn't fit my wrist well at all. And neither did it the jeweller himself who tried it on too (wasn't his watch). Underwhelming is too good a word for what I felt. Damn, I just very slowly over the last year or so started to like Rolex.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,284 ✭✭✭AmberGold

Where’s that located, friend looking for a Rolex currently.

• Registered Users Posts: 64,762 ✭✭✭✭unkel

AmberGold wrote: »
    Where’s that located, friend looking for a Rolex currently.

Sent you a PM

• Registered Users Posts: 6,460 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

unkel wrote: »

I tried it on. And it did absolutely nothing for me. Never a fan of the gold in the two tone, but the shape of the back of the watch was all wrong. Like a big flat plate. Didn't fit my wrist well at all. And neither did it the jeweller himself who tried it on too (wasn't his watch). Underwhelming is too good a word for what I felt. Damn, I just very slowly over the last year or so started to like Rolex.

Not really a fan of the 6 digit sub, but I think the “bluesy” is just rotten. I think invicta every time I see one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭2shea

116613LB-Sub.jpg

There's one of these in Heartmanns
    In Galway City. The idea of this thread is to let people know where these watches are.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,184 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

116613LB-Sub.jpg

That’s one of the watches I would want to be paid to wear; just doesn’t do anything. It’s not a steel sub, it’s not a Smurf. It’s a halfway house that’s worth less than either of the components.

Marcusm wrote: »
    That’s one of the watches I would want to be paid to wear; just doesn’t do anything. It’s not a steel sub, it’s not a Smurf. It’s a halfway house that’s worth less than either of the components.

I think the two tone will make a come back!

I 110% agree it's ugly as a$$ but I have a feeling they will come back into style.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,739 ✭✭✭893bet

Two tone are already back in style: albeit it’s rose gold and steel.

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭Rootsblower

Two tone are back in style cos you can’t get a stainless steel sports model. Maybe this was their plan all along!!!!!!

• Advertisement

Two tone are back in style cos you can’t get a stainless steel sports model. Maybe this was their plan all along!!!!!!

Perhaps. Gold was always for the older generation. Recently Gold “fashion watches” have been a thing targeted at younger people. Michael Kors popularity shows this.

Rolex have put a toe in this market for the younger folk with rose gold yaughtmasters and gmt2 root beer. Gorgeous looking watches.

Can’t buy a root beer for close to RRP. So demand is not just for SS models.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,221 ✭✭✭darragh o meara

116613LB-Sub.jpg

Seen one of these in Keanes in Cork last week. Wasn’t impressed at all by it, and I really love the SS Subs. Just looked a bit tacky to be honest.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 21,238 CMod ✭✭✭✭Eoin

I think the "root beer" GMT is one of the grossest colour combos I've seen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

Two tone only suits a ladies datejust...that why they are so unpopular.

Eoin wrote: »
    I think the "root beer" GMT is one of the grossest colour combos I've seen.

Like I said.....for younger folk...😂🤔😂😂

I think around double RRP. I couldn’t pull it off but admire from afar.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭punk_one82

Has anyone seen a no date Sub in Dublin recently?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 21,238 CMod ✭✭✭✭Eoin

893bet wrote: »
    Like I said.....for younger folk...😂🤔😂

ouch, well played!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,284 ✭✭✭AmberGold

BLNR up on Adverts for €15K, 75% increase on new.

AmberGold wrote: »
    BLNR up on Adverts for €15K, 75% increase on new.

You'd be some fool to buy that.

2shea wrote: »
    You'd be some fool to buy that.

Nothing easier parted than a fool and their money

• Advertisement

Nothing easier parted than a fool and their money

It’s not that far from market value bizarrely enough (assuming seller has some adverts wriggle room in price). New blnr is changing hands on eBay for 16-17k sterling I believe.

These prices make precious metal watches look like bargains.

It’s not that far from market value bizarrely enough (assuming seller has some adverts wriggle room in price). New blnr is changing hands on eBay for 16-17k sterling I believe.

These prices make precious metal watches look like bargains.

Wouldn’t pay it even if I had the money. Pepsi is much nicer and better heritage too

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭oxocube

Wouldn’t pay it even if I had the money. Pepsi is much nicer and better heritage too

Looks wise I prefer the BLNR. Horse for course and all that :p

oxocube wrote: »
    Looks wise I prefer the BLNR. Horse for course and all that :p

Brother I ain’t criticizing anyone’s preference I just think the Pepsi with the Pam-Am heritage is the dogs you know what.

That’s why I’m on a 5 year waiting list for one!!!

Brother I ain’t criticizing anyone’s preference I just think the Pepsi with the Pam-Am heritage is the dogs you know what.

That’s why I’m on a 5 year waiting list for one!!!

There is no formal list really. Unless you are naming your first born child after the manager then you can almost forget about it at RRP. It’s getting worse.

There is no formal list really. Unless you are naming your first born child after the manager then you can almost forget about it at RRP. It’s getting worse.

Well gave my name and number too the AD and asked if the list was real or bull**** I was assured it’s real and that it was around 5 years m. All I can do is take them at their word and hope for the best.

I refuse to pay more than RRP for a Rolex that’s nothing special eg Comex etc

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,424 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Two tone only suits a ladies datejust...that why they are so unpopular.

:(:(

I have a Datejust 41 Two tone (Steel and Yellow Gold) on a jubilee bracelet and I aint no lady! (although some people may call me that! ) :pac:

However, I did recently also acquire a Day-Date 40 in yellow gold to just try masculate myself a little :D

antodeco wrote: »
    :(:(

I have a Datejust 41 Two tone (Steel and Yellow Gold) on a jubilee bracelet and I aint no lady! (although some people may call me that! ) :pac:

However, I did recently also acquire a Day-Date 40 in yellow gold to just try masculate myself a little :D

I think you need a certain complexion for yellow gold. Pale Irish skin with freckles and red hair and yellow gold makes me look like a certain ethnic minority

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,424 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

I think you need a certain complexion for yellow gold. Pale Irish skin with freckles and red hair and yellow gold makes me look like a certain ethnic minority

I have pale skin and red beard! Not too many freckles!

To me I look fine, but I may ask people do I look like a specific ethnic minority! (Only got the watch recently)

• Advertisement

Well gave my name and number too the AD and asked if the list was real or bull**** I was assured it’s real and that it was around 5 years m. All I can do is take them at their word and hope for the best.

I refuse to pay more than RRP for a Rolex that’s nothing special eg Comex etc

100%. Unless it's RRP and brand new in an AD.

Advertisement