Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

30-01-2018, 16:35   #1
Autochange
Banned

Is anyone else starting to become a bit worried? mod note in first post

Bear markets
Fud
Regulation
Wall Street manipulation
The supposed tether ticking time bomb

What are your thoughts? Have you cashed out? Have you been buying the dips?

MOD NOTE:
Its good to see healthy debate and discussion taking place and I am sure every supporter of cryptocurrency and blockchain can agree that the contrarian viewpoint is worthwhile reading, if only to act as an anchor and help prevent investors from getting carried away in an echo chamber of "everything is wonderful, just keep going"

However, there have been a few reported posts recently which I did not action as I wanted to see the thread level out itself rather than start forcing viewpoints and I have been in two minds about that decision.

I'm not going to single any posters out but I'm going to ask that all posters read the forum charter and I want to point out that it was established years ago in the Television forum, that dropping in on a forum to tell the followers of that forums topic (in that case a particular tv show) that it was all crap and only idiots watched it etc etc was the exact definition of being a dick and attempting to troll. I know this because I was the mod of the forum at the time. Now look at the forum charter again.

There is pretty much one rule on this forum : if you cannot discuss in a civil manner, and I mean discuss, not soapbox or attack, then you have absolutely no business posting here and I have no qualms about removing your ability to do so.

This forum is for people that have in interest in cryptocurrencies, blockchain and their application to financial investments. that can be positive or negative but if you really feel the need to start pulling out memes / hiding insults in imaginary hashtags / attacking personalities or just generally being a dick there are other forums you can post in where I will let the local mods determine if it is within the scope of allowable behaviour. Here, it is not.

Last edited by LoLth; 30-12-2018 at 19:01.
(2) thanks from:
Advertisement
30-01-2018, 17:05   #2
smacl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autochange View Post
Bear markets
Fud
Regulation
Wall Street manipulation
The supposed tether ticking time bomb

What are your thoughts? Have you cashed out? Have you been buying the dips?
Don't have a huge amount invested, so if it all went pop in the morning I'd be disappointed but no more than that. I'm confident that the underlying technology will thrive long term and would hope a number of the existing coins will too. No interest in cashing out any time soon unless any of my coin sees a massive rise in value, at which point I'll take half out. If anything, I may well invest more in the coming months, possibly through a mining rig.
30-01-2018, 18:56   #3
Truckermal

I have about 13K in litecoin but not really worried! I stuck 700 quid in early December and sold out high. I left it and bought in at 160 euro so I'm still down but not worrying! Just read back the old threads it will come up again!
30-01-2018, 19:04   #4
banie01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truckermal View Post
I have about 13K in litecoin but not really worried! I stuck 700 quid in early December and sold out high. I left it and bought in at 160 euro so I'm still down but not worrying! Just read back the old threads it will come up again!
As financial advisors are wont to advise, past performance is not an indicator of future success there is a bunker mindset with crypto that each dip must be HODLed through and the moon awaits.
There will eventually be a dip that will lead to a pricing equilibrium.
That said I'm not too worried, but its one of those dip evemts that will hurt newer entrants badly given how its rippling out.
(3) thanks from:
30-01-2018, 19:07   #5

I cashed out everything, better take it out sooner than later.
(3) thanks from:
Advertisement
30-01-2018, 19:11   #6
Truckermal

Quote:
Originally Posted by banie01 View Post
As financial advisors are wont to advise, past performance is not an indicator of future success there is a bunker mindset with crypto that each dip must be HODLed through and the moon awaits.
There will eventually be a dip that will lead to a pricing equilibrium.
That said I'm not too worried, but its one of those dip evemts that will hurt newer entrants badly given how its rippling out.
Exactly and as I told other people investing in Crypto is done with money you don't need. I know 11k is a lot but it was funded between a work bonus and tax rebates.
Thanks from:
30-01-2018, 20:14   #7
Dohnjoe

Still up an extraordinary amount since end of November. People have irrational expectations of this market, it can dip 20% after climbing several hundred percent and they think it's all over. Would be unsurprised at further dips (like June and July this year)
(4) thanks from:
30-01-2018, 20:17   #8
Manic Moran

I'll get worried when it starts to approach the values I put into it. I'm still running a reasonable 'profit.' I'm disappointed there hasn't been a stead re-climb (I had thought one had started), but I'm not exactly panicking.
Thanks from:
30-01-2018, 20:43   #9
jester77

If you compare to even just 12 months ago, the rise has been ridiculous. It can still fall along way and not even get close to where things were this time last year.
(2) thanks from:
Advertisement
30-01-2018, 20:48   #10
AH92

Been buying the dips, There's always some sort of fud that creeps up but doesn't bother me and i'm just gonna keep holding long term. (IRON HANDS)
30-01-2018, 20:51   #11
Autochange
Banned

And there goes the tether time bomb. Tether have been on their Twitter defending their position.

I know some of you have mentioned last year's gains but im interested in this year. Last year is gone.

Hodl strong regardless.
30-01-2018, 21:09   #12
lawred2

Tether was always going to be a scam. Too easy to walk off with those juicy dollars.

A one to one reserve... Lol at the stupidity of anyone trusting that.
Thanks from:
30-01-2018, 21:20   #13
lawred2

The speed at which exchanges adopted tether is also a concern. Where was their due diligence?
Thanks from:
30-01-2018, 21:20   #14

It's the same every year.

There has to be a fall for a rise to be worth it.

If it went up none stop or even stalled by a few percent and went up there would be something wrong.

But it's the end of the month and Chinese New year. Everyone selling to pay for travel costs, presents and to pay back any loans.

Really it's a discount sale for any person who knows what they're doing.

"But the dip and margaritas you will sip"
30-01-2018, 21:29   #15
pro_gnostic_8

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeandtimes View Post

But it's the end of the month and Chinese New year. Everyone selling to pay for travel costs, presents and to pay back any loans.
At the start of this January the total market cap of crypto was $830 Billion. Right now it stands at $520 Billion ......... a drop of over $300 Billion. That kind of money buys a lot of toiletries and train tickets!

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion