Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

What's your wish list.....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,458 ✭✭✭valoren

I love the two tone Sub in blue. I'm a sucker for it. Blingy, but in a classy way for me personally.

Rolex-Submariner-Two-Tone-Blue-Dial-116613-10000-.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭dinorebel

Quite fancy this, which appeared on the Steinhart nosebook page. Only available via the distributor in Hong Kong, though, or so it says.

Anyone going to HK soon?!

Stop teasing us:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,304 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

It's not super original/novel/unique or anything like that... but someday I am determined to own an Omega Seamaster.

On my wish list would be the Seamaster Diver 300M Co-Axial 41 mm steel-on-steel.

csm_21230412001003_0e20e23705.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,144 ✭✭✭Passenger

Tudor Fastrider Black Shield

Tudor-Fastrider-Black-Shield-2.jpg

Tudor-Fastrider-Black-Shield-bronze-thumb-960xauto-18303.jpg

tudor_black_shield_by_watchonista_10.jpg

P.S. That Blue Sub image that valoren posted is huuuggge!! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Fireblade77

I'm lusting after this,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Okon

I'm lusting after this,

I was lusting after that watch too... until I got it this week! :)

(Just posted pic to the photos thread after getting the hang of Imgur.)

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Fireblade77

Okon wrote: »
    I was lusting after that watch too... until I got it this week! :)

(Just posted pic to the photos thread after getting the hang of Imgur.)

Congrats, beautiful.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 21,238 CMod ✭✭✭✭Eoin

I just love this. Legibility probably not great, but still...

6081238_xxl.jpg?v=1

• Registered Users Posts: 8,736 ✭✭✭893bet

893bet wrote: »
    1) Tag heuer Monaco CAW211B

91iPnpnfoeL._UY445_.jpg

2) Yaghtmaster 116622

bb97661f987ad7459ec94f82d646b0fe.jpg

3) JLC ulta thin moon

DSC_3501.jpg

Yaghtmaster 116622 has bumped the hulk. Blue face with red detail my favourite at the minute. Rhodium with blue very close second.

Have a rhodium with blue 114300 that is potentially on the chopping board.

Still lusting after the above. Also lusting after an aquanaut and a Pam728

http://forums.timezone.com/index.php?t=tree&goto=7380594&rid=0

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 21,238 CMod ✭✭✭✭Eoin

I keep coming back to this one. I’d have this over a Rolex sub any day.

Blancpain-Fifty-Fathoms-Bathyscaphe-3-Hands.jpg

• Advertisement

They have caught my eye lately also as a few have moved on TZ over the last 12 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,460 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Not normally a fan of black case watches, but I’m slightly obsessed with the black ceramic version on sailcloth. The chrono looks better (I can see where people criticise the three hander for its empty dial) but I’ve no need for a chrono and that 120 hour power reserve is far more useful.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Zagato

Yes, I have tried the blue ceramic on in their Boutique shop and love it. Definitely want to get one when funds allow. Very light, but feels so well made and put together.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭bren2002

Rolex, not a daytona. Probably GMT or maybe Explorer. Something steel not gold.
    IWC aquatimer
    Speedy Pro.

But my ability to fund these has passed for the moment, will have too see what the future brings.

Not on the list, because whatever about the list being a wish, a Patek is unreasonable to expect.

Also, I probably wouldn't actually seek one out, but I do like both the Omega Z & Xs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭Northern Monkey

Having never liked them, I’ve been getting drawn to Rolex lately. Not sure I can justify a watch that costs more than my car though! Especially when I’m currently wearing a £250 Seiko most of the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,556 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

I'd love to get a GMT-Master-II but the only one they do at the moment that has the nicer looking bezel (and ceramic) is roughly £22k (and even that was for a 1 year old watch).

I've a serious lusting for this recently, but would never buy it as it'd be a struggle to match with stuff and it's a little bit chunky.

soldier-31192445101005.png

• Registered Users Posts: 19,667 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

gmt2 blue and red ceramic is white gold hence 22k

steel is plain black or black and blue

Rumour has it a new GMT 2 will be released at Basel this year.

Will be scarce no doubt though.

coke on a jubilee?!?

Cyrus wrote: »
    coke on a jubilee?!?

Something like that. Think I read it on TZ.

• Advertisement

gmt2 blue and red ceramic is white gold hence 22k

steel is plain black or black and blue

Yup I'd be more willing to splurge on a steel bracelet/casing one but with the red/blue ceramic bezel. Unless I start playing the lotto :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,304 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Oris Big Crown ProPilot Big Day Date (45 mm on the olive textile strap)

https://www.oris.ch/en/watch/oris-big-crown-propilot-big-day-date/01-752-7698-4164-07-5-22-14fc

I had this on my wrist a few months ago.... didn't pull the trigger on it... I wish I had!

13819_01%20752%207698%204164-07%205%2022%2014fc_verticale.png

Yup I'd be more willing to splurge on a steel bracelet/casing one but with the red/blue ceramic bezel. Unless I start playing the lotto :pac:

looks like Baselworld went your way :cool:

looks like Baselworld went your way :cool:

Looks like it. However I’m not a huge fan of the jubilee bracelet and the updated case specifically around the crown.

I’m being overly picky, aint I?

Looks like it. However I’m not a huge fan of the jubilee bracelet and the updated case specifically around the crown.

I’m being overly picky, aint I?

Case I'm ok with but the jubilee is a no for me

I'll stick with my original black bezelled gmt2c :)

So many watches. So little time. So few wrists.

Trying to consider my next piece. Need to scratch a speedie itch. I had a Speedmaster reduced previously and wasn’t impressed. A tad small and felt flimsy if I am honest.

Considering at the mo.
    1) Speedmaster pro
    Classic watch. But second hand 2.5k and a bullet proof investment
    2) Speedy Tuesday
    Trading above RRP still (in sterling at least, I think RRP was 4.1 and they have settled at 4.8-5.1k gbp) and I think they will stay there increase slightly over time as there were on 2012 (I think) pieces. Available for around 5.5k euro ish
    3) Grey side of moon
    Looks stunning but a little on the large size per the specification but most reviews don’t seem bothered by the size. Around 5.5-6k euro ish. Should hold that value give or take.

Thoughts anyone? I think cyr had a gsotm?

893bet wrote: »
    So many watches. So little time. So few wrists.

Trying to consider my next piece. Need to scratch a speedie itch. I had a Speedmaster reduced previously and wasn’t impressed. A tad small and felt flimsy if I am honest.

Considering at the mo.
    1) Speedmaster pro
    Classic watch. But second hand 2.5k and a bullet proof investment
    2) Speedy Tuesday
    Trading above RRP still (in sterling at least, I think RRP was 4.1 and they have settled at 4.8-5.1k gbp) and I think they will stay there increase slightly over time as there were on 2012 (I think) pieces. Available for around 5.5k euro ish
    3) Grey side of moon
    Looks stunning but a little on the large size per the specification but most reviews don’t seem bothered by the size. Around 5.5-6k euro ish. Should hold that value give or take.

Thoughts anyone? I think cyr had a gsotm?

Yep had a gsotm and now have a dsotm pitch black I’ll post pics in a few weeks just waiting on a new strap

I loved the grey and being ceramic they are light and wear their size well but ultimately I think the black is better ( and the pitch black has the bezel lume like the grey)

Not bothered with a Tuesday but I’d love a panda dial speedy

Yep had a gsotm and now have a dsotm pitch black I’ll post pics in a few weeks just waiting on a new strap

I loved the grey and being ceramic they are light and wear their size well but ultimately I think the black is better ( and the pitch black has the bezel lume like the grey)

Not bothered with a Tuesday but I’d love a panda dial speedy

Looking forward to the pictures! Not too pushed with the Tuesday hype myself but like the contrast on the dial! Panda, Alaska (one on tz today), grey all have stunning dials.

Really liking these!

Glashutte-Original-Panoreserve-Steel-17.jpg

Glashutte-Original-PanoReserve-2.jpg

QUnThiFh.jpg

• Advertisement

After thinking long and hard about my buying habits I have realised there are lots of pieces I like the look of but are just to thick.

On my wish list but realistically would only tickle an itch for me to then realise they are not for me....

Blue Monaco (too thick)
    Grey Monaco reissue (too thick).
    Grey side of moon (waaaaay to thick)
    Standard speedy or SM Tuesday.....too bloody thick....
    Jlc ultra thin (not too thick....but it’s the grey dial version that really appeals which is only PM and way too €€....second hand is an option I guess).
    Hulk (on the edge of thickness but would live it from a residuals value....can get away with a little extra thickness on a dive watch I think also).
    Glashutte panoreserve......it’s on the edge of too thick! It wears bigger than the size suggests. It’s an amazing watch but why so big!!!

Realistically I am looking for sub 40mm width and 10mm thick.

Any suggestions?

Advertisement