Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

16-12-2016, 14:01   #61
jmayo

Quote:
Originally Posted by razorblunt View Post
Are you in Mayo? There's a transatlantic whoosh gone right over your head there.

I highlighted the word "shame", shame would imply we have some sort of say in the fact that out landscape pales in significance to Scotland's.
Hence, the Scottish landscape, while incredible and I agree with you is significantly more impressive than the Irish landscape it doesn't put it to "shame".

My post was tongue in cheek on the "shameful" nature our landscape.
Jaysus use one of those icons as my sarcasm detector is not always on.

Also lets not start going down the road on the precise definition or semantical nuances of words or we will be here all day.

My point still stands on why did you have to drag in the government.
Although come to think of it Irish Water could have dramatic influence on our landscape.

Now that that grenade is in I am off.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
16-12-2016, 15:01   #62
A Dub in Glasgo

Came to Glasgow as part of my railway graduate training course in 1993. Planned to stay for a few years, get some experience and then move back to Dublin. Did not work out that way mainly due to the boom in Dublin and 23 years later, I and still here working and love the place

As regards the rest of Scotland, I have been everywhere the railway goes apart from the Borders area
Thanks from:
16-12-2016, 15:13   #63
jmayo

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Dub in Glasgo View Post
Came to Glasgow as part of my railway graduate training course in 1993. Planned to stay for a few years, get some experience and then move back to Dublin. Did not work out that way mainly due to the boom in Dublin and 23 years later, I and still here working and love the place

As regards the rest of Scotland, I have been everywhere the railway goes apart from the Borders area
At least you kept on track, one way at least.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion