Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

What's your favourite biscuit?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭maudgonner

ToddyDoody wrote: »
    Chocolate arsebiscuits.

What other kinds are there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭Oasis1974

Watched this as a nipper and for no other reason i decided to post it on your biscuit thread. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭Olishi4

Oasis1974 wrote: »

Watched this as a nipper and for no other reason i decided to post it on your biscuit thread. :)

I was trying to think of the name of this when I saw the posts about Country Practice. My mam watched it for a while at one stage :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Lidl Chocolate Oaties or Maryland chocolate chip cookies. A lemon puff is nice with a mug of tea.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,801 ✭✭✭CrabRevolution

The chocolate caramel digestives are dangerous. After you open the packet time seems to skip forward a few minutes and suddenly 3 quarters of the packet is gone.

I've seen the most disciplined fitness fanatics whose focus on their diet puts us all to shame turned into ravenous biscuit eating machines by packets of chocolate caramel digestives.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Junkyard Tom

They were the height of extravagance when I was a kid.

Mint chocolate sandwich biscuits individually wrapped in metallic green foil? The sign of a person with highfalutin notions or a reckless spendthrift.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭Smondie

Oasis1974 wrote: »
    [...

I think all were missing now is sons & daughters!

It really is top notch stuff to eat biscuits to :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,001 CMod ✭✭✭✭Fathom

Almond biscotti

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭TheQuietFella

Anyone remember the Coconut Crumble you would get in Dunnes Stores.

For some reason they stopped selling them. They were beautiful!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭FizzleSticks

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Jersey Cream.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

I haven't eaten biscuits in around 3 years. Not because I don't like them. Because I love them :(

Shortbread....

/drools

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭Story Bud?

Anyone remember the Coconut Crumble you would get in Dunnes Stores.

For some reason they stopped selling them. They were beautiful!

YES!

God they were amazing. They came a the double sized blue pack. It's probably 20 years since they stopped selling those and I still sometimes check and see if they've changed their minds :o

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Mugatuu

The Jaffa cakes from Lidl/Aldi - they are so nice!! Very hard not to eat half the pack though!

Kimberly as a treat! Also really like the butter biscuits that has the thick layer of chocolate on top.

Foxes millionaire shortcake biscuits are great with a hot cup of coffee

• Registered Users Posts: 22,002 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Go away, come back when you're not talking broken biscuits.

Those chocolate ones from Aldi. No, not those ones, the other ones. Yeah, them.

Not your ornery onager

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,891 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

These. All day long, but they must be refrigerated, thats non negotiable.

Milk chocolate Polo

Rich tea for today's lunch. No real butter though so tea dunking it is!

You have to time it right though or there'll be awful mush in the bottom of your cup after the keep falling in.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,983 ✭✭✭conorhal

m&s extremely chocolatey range, I could eat a box in a sitting!

Their bakery also do those huge chocolate chip cookies that are chewy in the middle. Chewy cookies are the best!

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Bourbon creams.

A worthy mention for Lemon Puffs also!

Toffeepops are the best :D also a yellow snack :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,747 ✭✭✭fleet_admiral

Viscounts

• Registered Users Posts: 2,057 ✭✭✭irish bloke

Tuc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,794 ✭✭✭Aongus Von Bismarck

I'm partial to a dark chocolate Hob Nob occasionally, if the mood strikes me.

I'm partial to a dark chocolate Hob Nob occasionally, if the mood strikes me.

Oooh!! You naughty boy:D

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭yellowcandle

Oooh!! You naughty boy:D

Sexual tension :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 601 ✭✭✭Charizard

Best biscuit Ive ever had was from Second Cup in Toronto. It was a fruit and oat cookie. God it was ****ing pure sex. Besides that I like custard creams

Sexual tension :pac:

Always:)

Charizard wrote: »
    Best biscuit Ive ever had was from Second Cup in Toronto. ...

is that where seabiscuit retired to?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭Cortina_MK_IV

There's nothing like a nice digestive with a mug of tea. And Tower Gate from Lidl are nothing like a nice digestive. I've spoiled myself when McVitie's were on special offer in Dunne's but got 2 packets of these things in Lidl. They must get McVitie's floor sweepings and make bikkies from them. I detect hints of cut grass, rubber boots and cat sh!t.

1/10 for the pretty packet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Four Phucs Ache

A Jammie dodger, dipped into hot tea for 5.25sec ....nyom nyom

Advertisement