Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Ch-ch-ch-ch-changes at 2FM

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

it would seem there are more from iRadio heading to 2fm. Watch this space

Which ones?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Meangadh

skimpydoo wrote: »
    He should be sacked for that. He would be if he was working in the UK.

Then the UK would need to relax if that's the case. It was a stupid thing to say, but sacking is a bit dramatic.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,840 ✭✭✭skimpydoo

Meangadh wrote: »
    Then the UK would need to relax if that's the case. It was a stupid thing to say, but sacking is a bit dramatic.
    Dramatic my ass it was a crass comment from a smug git.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Meangadh

skimpydoo wrote: »
    Dramatic my ass it was a crass comment from a smug git.

Well of course it was crass, it was stupid. And plenty of BBC media people have said equally stupid stuff and not been sacked. He apologised- we've all said stupid stuff, the best of broadcasters even have (I'm not saying he's up there with the best, but I am saying all types have made mistakes). Sacking would have been totally over the top- if he never apologised or continued with statements like that, then fair enough. I have a hunch that you don't like Ryan anyway though...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Moe Gilmore

So to get back to the original topic of this thread..... Apart from breakfast are many other changes to the 2fm schedule expected ? The press are talking about a "major shake up"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 apollolanding7

Yes. 2 presenters from iRadio are joining is the latest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

Yes. 2 presenters from iRadio are joining is the latest.

Would be cool if Chris and Cooper got a show together, Chris would supply the crazy chat and Cooper would supply the tunes!

I'm been told it's Chris & Ciara from the night show

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

MrMac84 wrote: »
    I'm been told it's Chris & Ciara from the night show
    Love Chris and Ciara's show but don't know how well a daytime show would suit them! (I'm assuming they wouldn't be on a similar time to what they are now - don't imagine Dave Fanning or Dan Hegarty would be moved?). But it would likely mean no more Little Miss Naughty or Galway Player on the show if it was daytime, and I'd be 100% fine with that :P

Would Dave O'Connor be a possible new face for 2FM? I wasn't a fan but know he was pretty popular. I wondered if his leaving was a "gardening leave" situation at the time actually.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,618 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Chris Greene would have to rein himself in so much as to ruin his appeal (to whoever it still does appeal to!) on a national station.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭reg114

They need to overhaul the entire station, changing the personnel on breakfast alone will not be enough to save 2FM.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,805 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Seren_ wrote: »
    Would Dave O'Connor be a possible new face for 2FM? I wasn't a fan but know he was pretty popular. I wondered if his leaving was a "gardening leave" situation at the time actually.
    Last I heard he's out in Thailand.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Seren_ wrote: »
    Would Dave O'Connor be a possible new face for 2FM?

Not according to Dave O'Connor, no.
    I wasn't a fan but know he was pretty popular. I wondered if his leaving was a "gardening leave" situation at the time actually.

No, he quit iRadio. No "gardening leave" was required.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,352 ✭✭✭ofcork

According to the sunday world both will leahy and larry gogan are being moved to the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

John Clarke read out an e-mail from a listener today asking if he had a place in the new schedule, Clarke replied "I've no idea" and then had a grumble about the suits upstairs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭bbability

Skid X wrote: »
    John Clarke read out an e-mail from a listener today asking if he had a place in the new schedule, Clarke replied "I've no idea" and then had a grumble about the suits upstairs.

They'd better not touch his show. It's on a very short list of shows that I listen to on RTE. Highest ratings for a music show on a Sunday.

• Site Banned Posts: 14 an o rak

From all the leaks in the press over the weekend, it looks like the new 2fm schedule is .6-9 Bernard, Keith and Jennifer, .9-11 Tubridy, 11-1 Colm Hayes, 1-4 Rick oShea, 4-7 Eoghan McDermot, 7-10 Louise McSharry, 10 two young fellas from iradio.

an o rak wrote: »
    From all the leaks in the press over the weekend, it looks like the new 2fm schedule is .6-9 Bernard, Keith and Jennifer, .9-11 Tubridy, 11-1 Colm Hayes, 1-4 Rick oShea, 4-7 Eoghan McDermot, 7-10 Louise McSharry, 10 two young fellas from iradio.
    There's a thread already

Can't see them cutting "Game On" though... maybe same as above, but 7-8 Game On, 8-11 Louise, 11-late Two young folks (not both fellas) from i...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Damian farrelly said tomorrow morning is he's last pre/breakfast show!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,893 ✭✭✭Hannibal Smith

Really disappointed to see will leahy go :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭shockwave

They might move him back to weekends.

Hopefully back too sat afternoons him and dj gary were great crack altho ill miss him on drive hes the only 2fm presenter I listen too bar Jenny Greene

Eoghan McDermott says his place in this schedule is news to him... then follows that up with a pop at boards.ie itself ...(which in this context, imho, is not an unfair pop)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,125 ✭✭✭heybaby

Bard wrote: »
    Eoghan McDermott says his place in this schedule is news to him... then follows that up with a pop at boards.ie itself ...(which in this context, imho, is not an unfair pop)

Rick O Shea now on twitter asking Radionation : "As a radio "news" site, why report unsubstantiated anonymous rumours from boards?"

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,618 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Hector going was denied outright with similar claims of inaccuracy, remember.

• Site Banned Posts: 14 an o rak

I didn't just make that schedule up out of thin air, Will Leahy and Larry Gogan moving to weekends was in all the papers yesterday, Louise mcsharry getting evenings is in today's herald http://www.herald.ie/entertainment/around-town/louise-and-jennifer-on-the-move-in-big-2fm-shakeup-29932527.html. Bernard Keith Jennifer and mcdermott have been talked about joining 2fm since last October.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

Can a mod please merge all the 2fm threads? Getting a bit much at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,963 ✭✭✭cena

I hope ruth and paddy stay

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,893 ✭✭✭Hannibal Smith

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Hopefully back too sat afternoons him and dj gary were great crack altho ill miss him on drive hes the only 2fm presenter I listen too bar Jenny Greene

I'll miss him on the journey home. He was always nice pleasant easy listening. I loved the school disco

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement