Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Community healthcare FETAC level 5

• 27-06-2013 9:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭

Hi guys I am currently completing a community healthcare FETAC level 5 course. I have two modules left; Care Support and Health & Safety at Work. Does anyone have courses notes? Past assignments on theses two modules that i can take a few ideas from? that they can email me

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34 zoeenya

I did health and safety at work, what do you need?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭martineire

zoeenya wrote: »
    I did health and safety at work, what do you need?

Just after sending you a private message

• Registered Users Posts: 3 lella.august

Hi there, jst looking for some advice.Im doing Fetac 5 Healhtcare online and my module is communications now and i found it little difficould with all all writing, is anybody there who could give me advice please? Much appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 17 tiddlepops

Hi, my mother is jsut after starting the module Care Support and I would really appreciate if anyone had any tips for it as i am trying to give her a helping hand.. thanks a mill

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 585 ✭✭✭WildRosie

Well, care support has two elements to it, the practical part and the learner record. For the practical part, make sure you pick your tasks wisely and are competent to do them. Make notes as you go along and plan all your tasks.

The learner record is a whole other animal. It's worth 70% so requires an awful lot of work. Make notes every single day of work experience. Start early and be diligent. I put so much work in to this to get a distinction, my learner record was about 50 pages long and has my blood, sweat and tears all over it! You haven't said what exactly you want help with, so if you can be more precise, I can offer better help.

• Advertisement

Hi WildRosie, Thanks so much for getting back to me.. She only started Care Support last week and has so far been given 2 assignments to complete . 1 about bringing a client out for a day and another about bringing a client for a hospital appoinment.. Would this be the practical part?

Yes I imagine so. We had to do something similar, like arrange a social activity, I did pass the parcel :) We had to show how we planned the activity, implemented it and then reflect on it, what went well, what didn't, what we do differently next time. So there was the actual activity and then the assignment you had to write up after. Our assignment briefs detailed exactly what had to be done. Did she get one of these? Ours came on the same sheet as the plagiarism declaration. The practical part is worth 30% and it's easy enough to pick up marks there. The learner record is worth the remaining 70% and in my experience was a lot harder to do well in.

Edit: Her assignments sound more focused towards domicilary care rather than nursing home/hospital care. Is she doing this through her employer?

Hi WildRosie, yes she is doing it through her empoyment .. thanks very much .. she is at class tonight so im sure she will be finding out about the learner record tonight.. sounds like alot of work :(

Yeah it is a lot of work alright, but if you just want to scrape a pass it's very doable. You can pass with minimal effort but it takes a lot more work to get distinctions. It also varies from college to college. While the modules are all standardised, the assignments aren't and are set locally by the tutor. After the tutor has marked them, they are checked by an external examiner. Having said that, there seems to be a wide variation in the standards. A friend in my class did a similar fetac course to me and also got all distinctions, but I had to put much much more work into mine to get those results. She couldn't believe how much more I had to do. So yeah it varies. But your mum already has the job and just needs to pass. I needed distinctions as I was going on to do a degree. Let me know if you need anymore help.

Hi WildRosie..

Thanks for all your help.. She has now been asked to complete the learner record.. Shes lost as am I .. Any tips ? Thanks so much .. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭broke1234

Hi I'm just doing my healthcare coarse and just wondering if anyone has any notes etc that has already done the coarse

• Registered Users Posts: 38 MN86

broke1234 wrote: »
    Hi I'm just doing my healthcare coarse and just wondering if anyone has any notes etc that has already done the coarse
    Just wondering if you got a reply...starting soon myself in healthcare support level 5......

• Registered Users Posts: 1 weezey

hi guys struggling with assignments,layouts,and Harvard referencing, any help would be much appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 gaasarkis

Hi guys, I'm having an exam soon of Care Provision, it's my first exam with The Open College. Would you guys be able to tell me if there're multiple choices options or if the exam is just written? And would the exam be hard? Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 toodles41

hi guys i am doing care support module has any1 got learner records done that they would send a copy just 1/2 of them to get idea on writing them up layout thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Chattymummy

Hey, i know no one has posted in a while, but instead of starting new thread, said id ask here?
    Im starting mine in Sept, how have ye all gotten on that posted over last while that had hesitations.
    Is there any other online support page available for advise etc.. really interested in starting to learn before i begin my course in sept to have head start, i have a toddler at home and from what i gather its very intense course. Ill be trying to get part time hours if possible around the course too.

Any advise?

Advertisement