Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Whats the best method to use to take Profits?

Options
  • 09-06-2019 11:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭

Lads whats the best method to use to take Profits?

I've been using the method below but I'm not sure if it's the best way to go about it.

Method I'm using atm:
    Assuming BNB costs €100.
    I buy 10 BNB for €1000.

A month later BNB's price increases by 20% to €120.
    I sell 20% of BNB(2 Coins) for BTC and either hold BTC, withdraw into Euros or invest in new coin.

I now have 8 BNB valued at €960.(€120 per coin).
    I wait till BNB's price increases by 20% to €144 per coin and again sell 20% of BNB for BTC.
    I now have 6.4 BNB valued at €921.60.

I would keep repeating the above untill the price of BNB dropped to below its initial price of €100, at which point I would reinvest in BNB.

Doing it this way will mean the value of my BNB investment will always be around €900-1000 but my total Coin Holding will be decreasing.

Am I doing this the correct way.
    I'd appreciate help with this if you can find the time.

Thanks Lads

Edit:
    Btw if a coin is constantly rising and falling by 2-5% throughout the day would I be better off taking the 2% profit frequently throughout the day rather than waiting for a 20% increase.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 186 ✭✭Kickstart1.3

One word :Slippage

• Registered Users Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭stockshares

One word :Slippage

Can you elaborate. I think Slippage applies to when you enter or exit. How does that affect the method I'm using

• Registered Users Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Trying to get the 2-5% buys right is risky. To be honest everytime I've tried to do this for any lenght of time it has not worked out. Either I sell at a price I think is high hoping to buy in when it comes back down, only for it to keep going up, I end up buying back in later on and just end up with less coins and less money than if I had left it alone.

When I try to buy low it normally keeps going lower. :)

The only way I have consistantly made money is to buy and hold until it is substantially high enough to take out your intital investment and not feel it.

Decide what you want, either a set number of coins or a set value in €. I like having the set number of coins. that way I know my overall value.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭stockshares

Trying to get the 2-5% buys right is risky. To be honest everytime I've tried to do this for any lenght of time it has not worked out. Either I sell at a price I think is high hoping to buy in when it comes back down, only for it to keep going up, I end up buying back in later on and just end up with less coins and less money than if I had left it alone.

When I try to buy low it normally keeps going lower. :)

The only way I have consistantly made money is to buy and hold until it is substantially high enough to take out your intital investment and not feel it.

Decide what you want, either a set number of coins or a set value in €. I like having the set number of coins. that way I know my overall value.

As regards Holding
    Coins like Ada, Xlm and Iota are cheap but solid projects. Holding a set number of coins long term could work out. A few hundred of those coins can be bought cheap and if they fail you haven't lost much but if they were to rise significantly you'd be elected

I was thinking of Day Trading with a set number of coins as a Target but it's difficult to do that with the Market being so Volatile.

I've noticed that two coins on Binance fluctuate between a set range. They are Matic and Mithril. I'll try and Trade on those as soon as this market stabilises. A few people on Telegram seem to concentrate their trading on those two.

Advertisement