Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Where to get good weightlifting coaching, with mobility & posture work

• 28-04-2018 11:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 27

I'm getting back into lifting after over a year of just sitting at a desk every day. After squatting & deadlifting for the first time last week, I can already feel that I need to work on my mobility and fix my posture before putting more weight on. As well as that I need some guidance on my form. I'm looking for either 1-1 or a group class, where I can be screened and told exactly what needs work, along with coaching on my bench, deadlift, and squat form.

Dublin city center would be ideal, or south Dublin.

I'm a member of a gym already, but I got quite a laugh out of the "Personal Trainer" there who didn't know what powerlifting was, and kept talking about diet plans and fat loss, when I insisted I need mobility work & form coaching. So ideally I wouldn't need to join another gym.

Any recommendations appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,362 ✭✭✭GiftofGab

For mobility look up "Limber 11". I've been doing that 5 days a week for the last year. I also add in some upper body mobility drills. That will solve all your mobility issues full stop. I can't recommend enough.

For powerlifting coach I was previously recommended Kieran Hegarty in Raw Gym portobello but ive never used him. I follow him on Instagram and he looks like a great powerlifting coach. He has numbers to back it up and the people he coached also have high numbers.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,551 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Quick clarification: is it a powerlifting or weightlifting coach you want?

• Registered Users Posts: 27 guitarless

Quick clarification: is it a powerlifting or weightlifting coach you want?

Powerlifting - should have said that in the title!

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭durthacht

Irish Strength Institute on Leeson Street are great.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,551 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

guitarless wrote: »
    Powerlifting - should have said that in the title!

As GiftofGab mentioned, Kieran Hegarty might suit you. He's coached me and if you want to learn, he'll help you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27 guitarless

Just following up after getting in touch with Kieran and getting some coaching. Wouldn't hesitate to recommend him to anyone stumbling onto this thread looking for something similar. Cheers for the replies.

Advertisement