Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Help locating a baptism cert from 1953 - Old Coombe Hospital Dublin?

• 12-05-2020 6:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭

Hey all,

Hope you can help with this search please or point me in the right direction :)

I'm trying to locate a baptismal certificate please.

Person born in 1953 <snipped as living>

He was baptised in the (Old) Coombe Hospital, Dublin as they didn't think he would survive so there are no parish records.

All info is VERY much appreciated thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 422 ✭✭Vetch

It probably depends on who baptised the baby. There may be no record. Has the hospital been contacted? Did the hospital have chaplains? For a 1953 birth, Data Protection law is going to apply here.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

If I remember, next time I'm talking to my mother I'll ask her what parish it gets recorded as; she was also baptised in the Coombe in the same circumstances.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,614 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

I presume you already have the birth certificate and are looking for other details?

Sorry I've had to cut some of your post but we can't allow discussion of living people on this forum.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭crossman47

Normally the baptism cert would be required for communion or confirmation later on. Do you know what parish is involved there?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭BowWow

I'd be surprised if it wasn't St. Nicholas of Myra in Francis Street.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 422 ✭✭Vetch

It is feasible that in the Catholic set up a nearby religious community of priests could act as hospital chaplains. It would be interesting to know where such baptisms were recorded.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭BowWow

National Maternity Hospital, Holles Street used (uses?) St. Andrews in Westland Row.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

d'mother says St Nicholas of Myra but thinks she was actually brought there (which sounds a bit dangerous if you're concerned the kid won't make it!)

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭Movie Maestro

This is all fantastic information. I really appreciate it and will contact St Nicholas of Myra church for further help. Thanks again to everybody!

Advertisement