Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New RTE Player

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭IrlJidel

How is this downloaded to the fire stick?
    Do you just go into the fire browser and search?

I have a dns service on mine for iplayer etc. I wonder will this allow rte player.

Thanks

Easiest way now to install RTE Player on firestick is to use the FireTVSticks Filelinked store. 1.0.1 RTE player (ignore the version is reported at v2.092 - its androidtv 1.0.1) was added today.

Video tutorial to install FileLinked:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=exNioWxsIII

Once you have Filelinked installed its easy to add BBCPlayer etc

Her channel has of lots of good apps and tutorials for FireTV.
    https://www.youtube.com/c/FireTVSticks

HTH

• Registered Users Posts: 7,811 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

I ended up using an app called Apps2fire.
    It allows you to sync any player app on your phone to the fire stick.

Some work, some don't.
    Rte player still freezes. Not really reliable.

Some work, some don't.

Weird - working perfectly for me on 4K firestick for months.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭Brock Turnpike

Some work, some don't.

Yes, but I think the problem is that the version on your phone is not the version that was suggested earlier in the thread for the Firestick. The earlier suggested version works perfectly when installed locally on the Firestick.

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭decor58

Some work, some don't.

Works without a bother for me on a Now TV stick, I don't know what version it is, must check.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,715 ✭✭✭lertsnim

I've noticed on the Nvidia Shield that it will work fine after installation. However when you close the app and go back to it it won't work. I must clear the cache to get it working.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

I wonder is there any chance of the full RTÉ Player being put up on SkyQ? Would be great to have access to all the box sets.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,708 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

1.0.1 now buffering constantly when I try to use it. Cleared data and cache but no better. Any ideas? Did anyone manage to track down an APK for 1.0.3 ?

loyatemu wrote: »
    1.0.1 now buffering constantly when I try to use it. Cleared data and cache but no better. Any ideas? Did anyone manage to track down an APK for 1.0.3 ?

I couldnt find 1.0.3 apk anywhere scouring the web. But does 1.0.3 have ads?

Yes, but I think the problem is that the version on your phone is not the version that was suggested earlier in the thread for the Firestick. The earlier suggested version works perfectly when installed locally on the Firestick.

I downloaded the version mentioned earlier, an apk one, different to the android rte player. I then sync'd it to the fire stick using that app.
    I wouldn't hold out much hope for the rte player when the official android one is poor.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

RTE player has been working well for me lately, few good shows on it now that you can watch a full series. (first positive thing I said about it):pac:
    Still a shame it doesn't remember what episode you are on though.

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭EdmondShiels3

RTE Player buffering a lot tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,226 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

RTE Player buffering a lot tonight.

Evergreen post if I've ever seen one.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭Beamobhoy

Hi, sorry if this had been asked already, but why is there a big difference in the same Android app when used on a Samsung phone and an Android box? With the phone there are no adverts but with the box there's a multitude of adverts and problems when trying to restart after the adverts?

Anyone have rte player working on an amazon fire hd (2020 10gen) tablet? Tried loads of diff apks and app just hangs on a blank screen. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭givecredit

IrlJidel wrote: »
    Anyone have rte player working on an amazon fire hd (2020 10gen) tablet? Tried loads of diff apks and app just hangs on a blank screen. Thanks.
    Install the Google play store on fire tablet. Simple process . See link below. Then install rte player.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.howtogeek.com/232726/how-to-install-the-google-play-store-on-your-amazon-fire-tablet/amp/

givecredit wrote: »
    Install the Google play store on fire tablet. Simple process . See link below. Then install rte player.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.howtogeek.com/232726/how-to-install-the-google-play-store-on-your-amazon-fire-tablet/amp/

Thanks - but already done that - tried apks from playstore and APKPure. And having issues with both RTE and TG4 players. virgin, itv, iplayer all work fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭givecredit

IrlJidel wrote: »
    Thanks - but already done that - tried apks from playstore and APKPure. And having issues with both RTE and TG4 players. virgin, itv, iplayer all work fine.

Works perfectly on my latest generation HD fire tablet. 10inch.

givecredit wrote: »
    Works perfectly on my latest generation HD fire tablet. 10inch.

Interesting- fire hd10 2019 and hd8 plus 2020 should be practically the same as both run firos 7 (android 9). You running fireos 7.3.1.4 as well?

In the end I got it mostly working after
    trying every version. Player 3.1.1 works, but any version after that crashes.

Only thing that doesn't work on 3.1.1 is account login.

Never mind - got everything working by uninstalling all the google play services - must have picked an incorrect apk somewere.

Used APKPure app [1] to install the components so it would only show compatible apks. All good now.

[1] https://apkpure.com/apkpure-app.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,461 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

lertsnim wrote: »
    I've noticed on the Nvidia Shield that it will work fine after installation. However when you close the app and go back to it it won't work. I must clear the cache to get it working.

Same on Xiaomi mi box s.

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭clerk

https://blog.roku.com/rte-player-now-available-on-the-roku-platform-in-ireland

he vast world of entertainment for Roku fans in Ireland is expanding – RTÉ Player, the on-demand service provided by Irish broadcaster RTÉ, is officially available on Roku streaming devices in Ireland!
    Is it working on Roku ?

• Registered Users Posts: 20 sumach

clerk wrote: »

he vast world of entertainment for Roku fans in Ireland is expanding – RTÉ Player, the on-demand service provided by Irish broadcaster RTÉ, is officially available on Roku streaming devices in Ireland!
    Is it working on Roku ?

Yes, have it loaded and is working fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭clerk

sumach wrote: »
    Yes, have it loaded and is working fine.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭FRIENDO

clerk wrote: »

Is it working on Roku ?

Good to see, hopefully Virgin media and TG4 will follow

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

TG4 have added a +1 and +2 to their player, and also added the player to Smart TV, Apple TV and Google TV.

Elmo wrote: »
    TG4 have added a +1 and +2 to their player, and also added the player to Smart TV, Apple TV and Google TV.

Not coming up on my LG tv when I search the content store.

It seems it will also be on Fire sticks.

https://www.con-telegraph.ie/2021/02/03/tg4-launches-new-app-for-smart-tvs/

• Registered Users Posts: 9,715 ✭✭✭lertsnim

It seems it will also be on Fire sticks.

Already there

Just checked it out on the Fire stick.
    Very nice with a live feed, +1 & +2. Very easy to interact with. A lovely collection of tiled box sets etc.

Not sure if you can set up an account so you can pick up where you left off watching.

• Advertisement

Just checked it out on the Fire stick.
    Very nice with a live feed, +1 & +2. Very easy to interact with. A lovely collection of tiled box sets etc.

Not sure if you can set up an account so you can pick up where you left off watching.

Well impressed with tg4 player app and the the huge array of platforms it supports. Ditto with the general quality of tv programs they produce considering all done on probably a tiny budget - and no - I barely speak Irish so have no agenda here - happy to read the subtitles!

Advertisement