Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Worst physical injury you've had

• 04-10-2019 2:47pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭mr_fegelien

Was kicked in the leg by a kid who had metal boots when in America playing soccer in third grade. Doctor said I broke my "distal tibia epiphysis". Hurt like hell to walk to the hospital and I screamed so hard in the ER that everyone was looking at my mother.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ Kiana Unsightly Comedienne

Not so bad if you could walk to the hospital.

Fell off a cliff many years ago, airlifted to hospital and a few pins in my leg as a result. Lost the top third of a finger at one point too, but nothing life changing.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,407 ✭✭✭NeinNeinNein

Fractured skull, sobering.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭tonycascarino

Broke arm twice, broke thumb another time....All were sports related injuries. I was also given a tombstone piledriver (WWE wrestler The Undertaker's finishing move) by a bigger kid on a hard concrete floor when I was about 9 which almost broke my neck.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭nthclare

Prolapsed disc.... from a crash..

Very sore

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭GooglePlus

I got a smack of a car when I was younger and was out cold but didn't break anything.

I put it down to all the milk I drank, which I'll probably also blame for heart disease when the time comes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,644 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Childbirth..

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Skybirdjb

Childbirth..

Agreed

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

Childbirth..

Childbirth is an injury now??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭Wayne Jarvis

Just now, I broke my finger clicking into this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭alancostello

I've broken my wrist twice, elbow once, arm once, two fingers, but nothing will compare to kidney stones. The SHO in the hospital turned to me and said "I've given birth twice, I've had kidney stones twice, I couldn't tell you which was worse".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Broke just below my shoulder after coming off moped and it then landing on top of me, I picked myself up and the bike and continued on.... Thought was sore but then later it just dropped....

Didn't sleep for 7 days as couldn't turn only lay on back.....

The wife just got me a cracker in the balls with a dog toy.... I was relaxed on the recliner and boom she smacks the dog toy rope with a big knot in my nut sack..... Oh the pain.... Why was I programmed to feel pain...

Came off the motorbikes few times sore knees, fingers and nothing serious....

Out of work last few weeks with excruciating back pain from faulty seats in work.....

I honestly hope the physio will fix me....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭mr_fegelien

I've broken my wrist twice, elbow once, arm once, two fingers, but nothing will compare to kidney stones. The SHO in the hospital turned to me and said "I've given birth twice, I've had kidney stones twice, I couldn't tell you which was worse".

What caused them? Eating too much sodium?

My doctor says I'll most likely develop them from being poisoned with ethylene glycol (antifreeze). My kidneys are fine but slightly underperforming which means they'll probably form.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

My doctor says I'll most likely develop them from being poisoned with ethylene glycol (antifreeze). My kidneys are fine but slightly underperforming which means they'll probably form.

Why were you drinking antifreeze

Been there with kidney stones - painful to say the least.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

I broke a few fingers playing Gaelic as a young fella, but definitely the most traumatic injury I've had is when I got a huge amount of dick and ball skin caught in my fly when I was heading back out in a hurry to see a band I loved at the time. Was fairly well oiled at the time I suppose, and didn't even properly bother tucking everything back into bed.

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭alancostello

They never gave a specific reason, there is no definitive cause but some high-risk factors.

I was only 22 at the time so they were surprised I had them so young. I drank a lot of milk then, and some high-protein diets can cause them, they said just drink a lot more water and it's kept me free so far!

There's a whole range of possible causes and four types of stones.

Crystals of calcium, oxalate and uric acid are the main culprits.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭HorrorScope

Childbirth..

A kick in the balls is 10000x more painful than childbirth - FACT!

Another one I can remember, boming down the road in a BMX and the chain snapped....

so did something else..

There's a whole range of possible causes and four types of stones.

Crystals of calcium, oxalate and uric acid are the main culprits.

Well ethylene glycol forms oxalic acid which combines with calcium and forms calcium oxalate. That causes kidney failure and kidney stones

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

Dislocated knee twice. Ruined my footballing days :(

ElChe32 wrote: »
    Dislocated knee twice. Ruined my footballing days :(

Are you David Icke???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭HorrorScope

On topic though I had bronchitis last year and ended up 2 nights getting “broncho spasms” - which is where you cough so hard your lungs basically close. Closest to death I have ever felt, nearly 2 minutes of absolute agony before I could even draw a breath.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,068 ✭✭✭markc1184

Dislocated my knee playing rugby.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

Are you David Icke???

Yes...

Well ethylene glycol forms oxalic acid which combines with calcium and forms calcium oxalate. That causes kidney failure and kidney stones
    Was I disagreeing with you? You asked, I answered.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,644 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

John_D80 wrote: »
    Childbirth is an injury now??

Im not showing you the scar.

On topic though I had bronchitis last year and ended up 2 nights getting “broncho spasms” - which is where you cough so hard your lungs basically close. Closest to death I have ever felt, nearly 2 minutes of absolute agony before I could even draw a breath.

You should stop smoking..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Fracture

I got suplexed by a lad at BJJ about 2 years ago, almost broke my neck, it crushed the cartilage in my neck. I've been in hospital a few times with the pain, it still hasn't gone away.

• Advertisement

Im not showing you the scar.

Did you fall out head first ?

Advertisement