Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung S10+ 780 Euro dual sim

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,683 ✭✭✭masterboy123

• Registered Users Posts: 16,818 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Brilliant price. Thanks for that

I sent them an email about a vat free price as it's a business phone. I tried this a couple of years ago but they couldn't do it. They seem to have an EU base now so fingers crossed. Vat free brings it down to 580 euro.

You're most welcome.
    Enjoy
    Sleeper12 wrote: »

I sent them an email about a vat free price as it's a business phone. I tried this a couple of years ago but they couldn't do it. They seem to have an EU base now so fingers crossed. Vat free brings it down to 580 euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,632 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Amazon.it have it for €740 so might be a better option for you.

https://www.amazon.it/Samsung-Espandibili-Batteria-Smartphone-Versione/dp/B07NDRJ2HB/ref=mp_s_a_1_3?keywords=s10%2B&qid=1565636848&s=gateway&sr=8-3

• Advertisement

My link gives it for 700.

From eGlobal who may not give Sleeper a Vat receipt so he'll pay €700.

If you have your Vat number on Amazon they sell to you excluding Vat so the total price would be be just over €600.

Edit: just to add if you've any problem with the phone Amazon customer service is streets ahead of eGlobal and you'll have no problem getting it replaced.

TitianGerm wrote: »
    From eGlobal who may not give Sleeper a Vat receipt so he'll pay €700.

If you have your Vat number on Amazon they sell to you excluding Vat so the total price would be be just over €600.

Edit: just to add if you've any problem with the phone Amazon customer service is streets ahead of eGlobal and you'll have no problem getting it replaced.

I agree that Amazon have great backup but Samsung give a two years warranty on this so I'd most likely be using the warranty if something went wrong. I am vat free with amazon but fingers crossed e Global do vat free too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭BArra

You wont get an eu warranty with eglobal, the phone wont originate from europe

If you have an issue with the phone it would need to go back to eglobal

• Registered Users Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭Zimmerframe

That's not sold by Amazon, so no VAT free.

That's not sold by Amazon, so no VAT free.

I just checked that out & you are correct. Its not offering a vat free option

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭Zimmerframe

I just checked that out & you are correct. Its not offering a vat free option

yeah sold by "Red Tech GmbH"

When I checked earlier it was Amazon themselves, nearly sure it was anyway.

Edit: the one at €741 is direct from Amazon? You just have to pick it from the drop down.

When I checked earlier it was Amazon themselves, nearly sure it was anyway.

Edit: the one at €741 is direct from Amazon? You just have to pick it from the drop down.

Still no vat free option unfortunately

Is it true that EU warranty is not available?
    BArra wrote: »
    You wont get an eu warranty with eglobal, the phone wont originate from europe

If you have an issue with the phone it would need to go back to eglobal

Thank you for your message.

With regard to your query, we would like to confirm that orders placed on our site, are shipped out from our Hong Kong Warehouse as we are a Hong Kong Based company. The invoice we send is based only on the price of the item, any tax or vat amount will not be indicated on the invoice

However, we ship our orders with special logistics arrangement and therefore all you will need to pay is the prices on website, no VAT, import fees nor hidden charges involved for the customer on any order. Any VAT or customs duties incurred will be settled by eGlobaL. The price you see on the website is the final price you pay for the product.

Hereby, we confirm that we will settle VAT, related taxes and custom charges

Should you have any further inquiries, please feel free to contact us.

Eglobal aren't as European based as their site makes out. Non EU phone ships out of Hong Kong without any takes. Non EU phone has no EU warranty & customs could catch the phone coming & I get hit with import duty & VAT. For me this is one of the more expensive phones as I can't claim back the 23 percent VAT

I'm still looking. Infact the link I posted in the OP still seems to be the cheapest option

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭redscan

I bought a nexus 5 from eglobal a few years ago. Phone broke after a couple of months. Their customer service was a nightmare. There was a day lag between messages between us. Eventually gave up and just bought the phone again on amazon. Phone broke 18 months later and amazon gave a full refund straight away. I may have got unlucky with the phone but if you need to rely on the warranty I would be glad to have bought direct from amazon.
    Eglobal aren't as European based as their site makes out. Non EU phone ships out of Hong Kong without any takes. Non EU phone has no EU warranty & customs could catch the phone coming & I get hit with import duty & VAT. For me this is one of the more expensive phones as I can't claim back the 23 percent VAT

I'm still looking. Infact the link I posted in the OP still seems to be the cheapest option

• Registered Users Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

Yep, if it's not from Amazon.it/de/es/fr/etc as the seller you are taking a gamble. Make sure to click the "Nuovi: 17 venditori" link to see which seller it is and only add phones from Amazon.it to your cart. Ignore "fulfilled by Amazon" as that won't give you the protection you want. Quick search there and best I found from Amazon direct was germany €871 free delivery.

I was told by a Boardsie member that Eglobal EU ships items from UK, which means no import tax. Plus they have EU warranty.
    Has this changed now?

I was told by a Boardsie member that Eglobal EU ships items from UK, which means no import tax. Plus they have EU warranty.
    Has this changed now?

I posted the email they sent me. It clearly says that they come from Hong Kong. They may ship to a UK base but no EU tax or duty has been paid & definitely no EU warranty

Seems the S10+ was down to £595 recently enough (Exoynos) on Amazon.it so might be worth waiting and keeping an eye open?

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/samsung-galaxy-s10-64-display-128-gb-black-smartphone-595569-with-a-fee-free-card-at-amazon-italy-3272597

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

Yeah, the prices were pretty good before and during Prime day in July. They bounced up since then but reckon they'll come back down. Set an alert or two in camelcamelcamel for the price you'd be happy to pay.

I see plenty on done deal and adverts. Brand new and well under 700 with a receipt. Are these too good to be true? Is there something I'm missing?

I see plenty on done deal and adverts. Brand new and well under 700 with a receipt. Are these too good to be true? Is there something I'm missing?

Probably bought on bill pay on one of the networks. You might get unlucky with one and the person who sells it reports it stolen/stops paying their bill and the phone gets black listed.

Probably bought on bill pay on one of the networks. You might get unlucky with one and the person who sells it reports it stolen/stops paying their bill and the phone gets black listed.

I messaged a few last night. All were phone shops in the Dublin city center. All replied brand new phones but no VAT receipt. There's something illegal going on there. Even if you were happy getting involved with the black economy I'd be afraid that they were counterfeit or stolen. I'm amazed they advertise so freely & not afraid to link their shops to replies saying no VAT receipt.

I messaged a few last night. All were phone shops in the Dublin city center. All replied brand new phones but no VAT receipt. There's something illegal going on there. Even if you were happy getting involved with the black economy I'd be afraid that they were counterfeit or stolen. I'm amazed they advertise so freely & not afraid to link their shops to replies saying no VAT receipt.

Friend of mine bought an S9 from one of those stores. Phone was blacklisted in the UK so he couldn't use it over there but worked fine here.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭MarkY91

I bought my last two phones from these shops in town and my brother got his last phone from them too. Never had a single issue with them.

MarkY91 wrote: »
    I bought my last two phones from these shops in town and my brother got his last phone from them too. Never had a single issue with them.

They're not for me. I couldn't support the black economy like that. My own industry suffer due cash jobs.

Advertisement