Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strokestown **Mod Note in Post #4461**

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭pablo128

17-pdr wrote: »
    Keep negotiating. Bringing in this crowd wasn't the way to do it. The bank haven't a hope of making a sale here. You do realise that?

Why don't you tell me what will happen if someone buys this farm. Likely a blow-in of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,519 ✭✭✭Topgear on Dave

Keep negotiating. Bringing in this crowd wasn't the way to do it. The bank haven't a hope of making a sale here. You do realise that?

Exactly.

Whatever has happened, the bank have decided that there is no point continuing to negotiate. I am not sure why, these type disputes are very very common.

The bank have given up on this case and are sending a message to anyone else who owes.

pablo128 wrote: »
    Why don't you tell me what will happen if someone buys this farm. Likely a blow-in of course.

I wouldn't be surprised if there was a case of arson after the 'sold' sign went up.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,513 ✭✭✭Hoboo

It won't be bought so nothing will happen.

Hoboo wrote: »

There's always somebody for the right price ;)

• Advertisement

Hoboo wrote: »

Rubbish. You're telling me every farm in rural Ireland that was repossessed is sitting idle?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

Rubbish. You're telling me every farm in rural Ireland that was repossessed is sitting idle?

How many have this much negative publicity?

I wouldn't be surprised if there was a case of arson after the 'sold' sign went up.

Would save a bit on demolishing the old house alright. I'd imagine the new owners will want a more modern property.

Exactly.

Whatever has happened, the bank have decided that there is no point continuing to negotiate. I am not sure why, these type disputes are very very common.

The bank have given up on this case and are sending a message to anyone else who owes.

Whats the point of repossession if no sale is made? You appear to be sympathetic to one form of pigheadedness and not the other.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,883 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

Patww79 wrote: »
    Not use loyalist terrorists in this state for a start anyway.

How do you know this? Seriously. I see it mentioned everywhere but with no evidence

• Advertisement

How many have this much negative publicity?

There have been a few high profile cases over the years, Pat. There have been men and women imprisoned for not vacating seized properties.

But at the end of the day life goes on. I mentioned it briefly earlier in the thread, but would the 70 local heroes who turned up not give a 1k each to help keep these people in their home?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

This is what capitalism brings us.

Farmers feeling pressured to take out loans that a slight change in economic circumstances mean they can fall behind on and run the risk of losing their farms.

People working in a bank. Just looking at figures, not having the chance to think of the wider picture because of targets being set on them. Going out on the weekend to the likes of the Bernard Shaw or Pygmalion drinking to forget the crap they have to do in work to keep a roof over their heads.

Lads up in NI working for a shady security firm, being bussed down to places like Strokestown or Frederick Street to act as heavies. Mainly because no one else will hire them.

People here and elsewhere getting a sense of rage at "the Brits coming down and brutalising poor irish farmers", turning all Wolfe Tone.

Its feckin bollox but it's the only economic operation available to us. Times like this make life feel not worth living

Whats the point of repossession if no sale is made? You appear to be sympathetic to one form of pigheadedness and not the other.

KBC will know that everybody dealing with them will believe in that line written in bold writing on the bottom of all the mortgage advertisements and all my mortgage documents that "Your home is at risk if you do not keep up repayments"

Would save a bit on demolishing the old house alright. I'd imagine the new owners will want a more modern property.

I didn't know they were fireproof. You think it wouldn't happen again? I couldn't think of a more negative sales pitch than what's just happened. Unless maybe discovering something like anthrax on the land......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 815 ✭✭✭animaal

If any of the security personnel have broken the law (e.g. by not being registered etc) they need to be brought to court.

Likewise, the mob needs to be dealt with harshly.

Lastly, I don't want to be landed with paying for future loans to people who don't think they need to be paid back. Banks need to stop giving loans to farmers from counties with a record of this type of behaviour.

If these people feel the banks are so bad, then stop borrowing from them. Problem solved.

How do you know this? Seriously. I see it mentioned everywhere but with no evidence

Somebody had a northern accent. Its all the evidence the internet needs.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,513 ✭✭✭Hoboo

Keyword. It.

I didn't know they were fireproof. You think it wouldn't happen again? I couldn't think of a more negative sales pitch than what's just happened. Unless maybe discovering something like anthrax on the land......

Ha. I had a neighbour think he was a mad bastard one day and threaten to burn me out. I asked him was his house fireproof and while he was standing there thinking about it, I told him if my family had nowhere to live, neither would his family.

Funny enough he never even looked in my direction again.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

bb12 wrote: »
    gctest50 wrote: »
    Nobody held a shotgun to someones head and made them take out a loan

Sheer f****ing greed on the part of those who took out loans they couldn't pay

missing the total point entirely. the government is the snake oil salesman in this scenario and made promises of secure future income then pulled the rug from under them by removing milk quotas and putting the beef industry on the floor.
    sure you can always trust what your government is promising and telling you, can't you?

There is no-one missing any point.

This trio borrowed money

1 ) How much money did this trio borrow ?

2 ) What did they do with it ?

Another thing. You know there was a house sold in Dublin last week for millions. Only a few years ago there was a woman murdered on the porch. It didn't seem to put the new buyers off.

• Advertisement

Ha. I had a neighbour think he was a mad bastard one day and threaten to burn me out. I asked him was his house fireproof and while he was standing there thinking about it, I told him if my family had nowhere to live, neither would his family.

Funny enough he never even looked in my direction again.

Heh. Your neighbour was pretty stupid telling you he was going to do that to you. More often that not with this type of stuff there would have been no previous warning and one wouldn't be at home when it happened or wouldn't have moved in yet.
    Another thing. You know there was a house sold in Dublin last week for millions. Only a few years ago there was a woman murdered on the porch. It didn't seem to put the new buyers off.

There's a difference between Dublin & a murder on a porch, compared to rural Ireland & land disputes especially when you haven't provided a context for that murder.

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭Bubblegummers

Same oul scare mongering on the internet. Everyone has an agenda on here.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,484 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Mod: Internet tough guys/keyboard warriors Makikomi and Patww79, don't post in this thread again

• Registered Users Posts: 16,103 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

gctest50 wrote: »
    There is no-one missing any point.

This trio borrowed money

1 ) How much money did this trio borrow ?

2 ) What did they do with it ?

And what efforts did they make to pay it back?

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

back in 2008 when the government was going to bail out the banks they should have cut x% off all mortgages taken out between 2004 and 2008 (or something like that)

you know if they were going to put the money in anyway and charge us all for it and cut and tax for it all anyway

So anyone that took out a mortgage before 2004 can just **** off ? Seems fair.....

How about people just pay back what they borrow?

Heh. Your neighbour was pretty stupid telling you he was going to do that to you. More often that not with this type of stuff there would have been no previous warning and one wouldn't be at home when it happened or wouldn't have moved in yet.

There's a difference between Dublin & a murder on a porch, compared to rural Ireland & land disputes especially when you haven't provided a context for that murder.

Eamonn Lillis beat his wifes head in with a brick. It was very high profile.

They are in the wrong coming across a border to evict Irish men and women. .

Why? A plumber or a carpenter can cross the border and do work. People working in security can do the same.

Not use loyalist terrorists in this state for a start anyway.

So Republican ones would have been fine, yeah?

Why not send a list of your approved security personnel to the banks so they can avoid offending you.

• Advertisement

Eamonn Lillis beat his wifes head in with a brick. It was very high profile.

A horrible affair, but I'm not seeing any similarities to a rural based land dispute like the one currently.

Advertisement