Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

How many units of alcohol a week do you drink?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭Bobtheman

80 on an average week.

Really ?

Probably about 200 units a week or more in the worst times. Jaysus!

No way

Alcohol is the most overhyped business product in this country.

I really wish Irish people would grow up and stop this retarded romanticisation of a drug which causes enormous damage to communities and families across this island.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Kevin Finnerty

Truckermal wrote: »
    I normally have have 3 pints every evening so probably a bit over average!

Used do that myself religiously. Can't beat a bit of chat and a pint. I'd have a whiskey most nights to settle down for the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭Foweva Awone

Bobtheman wrote: »
    No way

Yeah ... about 3 bottles of wine a day, and if you're drinking that heavily, it's not even like you can take a day off here or there or you get the DTs. And they're ZERO fun.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

Alcohol is the most overhyped business product in this country.

I really wish Irish people would grow up and stop this retarded romanticisation of a drug which causes enormous damage to communities and families across this island.

Not everyone who has a drink causes enormous damage to anyone.

Patww79 wrote: »
    Not everyone who has a drink causes enormous damage to anyone.

Not everyone does it is true but half the admissions in hospital are alcohol related and God knows what % of physical fights.

Not everyone does it is true but half the admissions in hospital are alxhol related and God knows what % of physical fights.

Fools like that don't mean we're all the same though.

Fools like that don't mean we're all the same though.

True but drink causes a huge amount of damage. Huge amount. However prohibition failed and would fail again unless you shot people dead for drinking.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

A lot of weeks it's 0. On average it's probably 8.

• Advertisement

True but drink causes a huge amount of damage. Huge amount. However prohibition failed and would fail again unless you shot people dead for drinking.

No. It causes a huge amount of damage for some people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭CinemaGuy45

Rubbish your facts do Dhaka gaff. Gun hhfand

And a chicken curry burppp

Rubbish your facts do Dhaka gaff. Gun hhfand

And a chicken curry burppp

Yeah, you should probably lay off it in fairness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭henryforde80

Really ?

80 units is like 5 or 6 pints Monday-Friday- Friday, 10 pints Saturday.

I know people who drink at least 200 units a week. U notice it a lot more in the country pubs than citiy pubs.

Its not that much.

80 units is like 5 or 6 pints Monday-Friday- Friday, 10 pints Saturday.

I know people who drink at least 200 units a week. U notice it a lot more in the country pubs than citiy pubs.

Its not that much.

If only those poor sheep could talk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

I’d only drink (binge drink) 3 or 4 times a month, I would usually have atleast two naggins or sometimes I’ll have a naggin and six cans, I’d never drink on my own though, that’s just sad

That's just your opinion.

I love drinking alone with Lyric FM on beside me and a good book.

If I'm in the mood for something to eat I'll take my book to my local for a few scoops and a bowl of hot chicken wings and a basket of chips.

After 25 years nixxering as a bouncer and barman this is pure paradise for me.

466310.jpg

If I'm in the mood for something to eat I'll take my book to my local for a few scoops and a bowl of hot chicken wings and a basket of chips.

466310.jpg
    That food looks foul.

466310.jpg

A bowl like that can make any situation paradise.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

Anyone else a nightly drinker?

I crack open a bottle of wine most nights to chill out, and even though I know it’s not the healthiest of habits to have I just love a good drink..
    Theres nothing wrong with nightly drinking so long as its 3-4 units, its the amount that is bad not how often or when you drink alcohol!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 416 ✭✭Thermoman12

daheff wrote: »
    why is it sad? do you ever eat on your own? or drink a cola on your own?

i occasionally like to have a beer at home at the end of the week.....when kids are in bed... watching tv with the missus. she doesn't drink so i'm drinking on my own.

i like the taste of a nice cold beer at the end of a long hard week. dont need to be going out for a night out to have one.

Fair enough I suppose one is fine

• Advertisement

That food looks foul fowl.

:)

A bowl like that can make any situation paradise.

Oh yes, with hot sauce and lots of salt ~ and buckets of cold beers :D

Oh yes, with hot sauce and lots of salt ~ and buckets of cold beers :D

I'd say that hop house will be gone soon. Rotten :P:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 771 ✭✭✭HappyAsLarE

Impossible to not be overweight drinking most nights surely??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Kevin Finnerty

466310.jpg

That you Robert McCall?

466310.jpg

Will you see old age though?!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

Well thats completely true, but millions of people around the world die of alcohol related deaths annually, either through overdose and addiction, suicide, accidents,violence, or long term health issues over drinking causes.And when you think about it thats really sad that so many millions of years of life are unlived because of a drink that doesnt need to be drank in the first place Society would probably be better off if it had never existed, even thoguh Im a big fan of a bit of drink every week myself

I drink about 12 units a week in binge drink form all on a friday or a saturday..Im cutting it down to 9 units every 2-3 weeks now though.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

wakka12 wrote: »
    Well thats completely true, but millions of people around the world die of alcohol related deaths annually, either through overdose and addiction, suicide, accidents,violence, or long term health issues over drinking causes.And when you think about it thats really sad that so many millions of years of life are unlived because of a drink that doesnt need to be drank in the first place Society would probably be better off if it had never existed, even thoguh Im a big fan of a bit of drink every week myself

I drink about 12 units a week in binge drink form all on a friday or a saturday..Im cutting it down to 9 units every 2-3 weeks now though.

That's their problem though.

• Advertisement

Impossible to not be overweight drinking most nights surely??

For some people yes, they would pile on a ton of weight.

For other people no, they wouldn't gain a pound and might even lose weight.

All depends on the metabolism.

Advertisement