Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Get Netflix cheaper - SEE OP FOR DETAILS

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,917 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

What card did you sign up with?

My email states that I'll get charged MXN 199 a month.

Just used my revolut card.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

0ph0rce0 wrote: »
    Just used my revolut card.

You paid in euro by mistake then
    Doh

The internet isn’t for everyone

OmegaGene wrote: »
    You paid in euro by mistake then
    Doh

There was only one option and it was MXN.

Strange.

No peso on revolut.

Just cancel and try again next month sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,410 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Not entirely sure how that happened - if I recall from when I signed up (also with Revolut) I wasn't asked for a billing address, so can't think how they'd have started to bill in Euros. Only thing I can think of is that there was some sort of cock up with the VPN.

Not entirely sure how that happened - if I recall from when I signed up (also with Revolut) I wasn't asked for a billing address, so can't think how they'd have started to bill in Euros. Only thing I can think of is that there was some sort of cock up with the VPN.

Must of been the VPN. Cancelled now anyway, Get me through the Christmas sure :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,431 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

I got my first charge today for the 4K package for MX$99 paid on my Revolut card coverts to €8.96

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Second Yellow

sugarman wrote: »
    Or just use your phone credit, I use it for feck all else anyway.

How is this done?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭M00lers

I got my first charge today for the 4K package for MX$99 paid on my Revolut card coverts to €8.96
    Did it go through automatically? Still waiting for my first charge, signed up on the 31st October.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Setanter

Got the free month and was charged for 2nd month MX199 which translated to €9.02 from my N26 account.

Happy out.

Btw looking for a space in a new family for a Christmas pressie for a friend if anyone could oblige.
    Spotify family also needed

Can pay by Revolut

• Registered Users Posts: 12,431 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Did it go through automatically? Still waiting for my first charge, signed up on the 31st October.

Yes it did, I was a bit worried it might fail, also I’m sure Netflix are looking at all the Mexican accounts and going “I didn’t know there were so many Mexicans living in Ireland” :D
    No doubt they will clamp down on this practice at some stage.

• Advertisement

Setanter wrote: »
    Btw looking for a space in a new family for a Christmas pressie for a friend if anyone could oblige.
    Spotify family also needed

Can pay by Revolut

This is going straight to the "Stingiest thing..." thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,814 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

terrarium tv

thank me later :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

This is going straight to the "Stingiest thing..." thread.

'What are these other accounts? Ah don't mind that''

• Registered Users Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭BobbyT28

I got charged for the first time today. MX$199 (€8.96) paid with revoult and came out automatically.

Happy out.

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭fmul9798

Using tunnelbear and trying to sign up with revolut but it just keeps producing an error "There appears to be a problem with the payment method you are trying to use."
    Did you need to select something specific to use revolut? it's definitely correct and the card is fine elsewhere. It also has never been used with netflix, nor has the email.

You don't need a VPN to sign up or use Revolut just for signing up to Netflix Mexico or whatever region you've decided to use.

You don't need a VPN to sign up or use Revolut just for signing up to Netflix Mexico or whatever region you've decided to use.

Revolut gives the best exchange rate though

Yes it does, but you don't need a VPN to use it. That's the issue the above poster was having I reckon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭pl4ichjgy17zwd

Is there money on the card?

Yes it does, but you don't need a VPN to use it. That's the issue the above poster was having I reckon.

Quote the person then rather than making a random system

Using VPN is the way to go to signing up

• Advertisement

If I don't use vpn for Mexico, it just keeps taking me to the Irish site?
    Yes there's money on the card
    And I'm not getting any warnings for authorisation failed from revolution app.

OmegaGene wrote: »

Quote the person then rather than making a random system

Using VPN won’t make a difference to signing up
    Whatever! Gimp.

Used phone instead with tunnelled -worked!

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,026 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Just to clarify for people looking to sign up for a mexico netflix account, you will need to use a VPN set to Mexico to go through the sign up procedure otherwise it will just display you the irish site, but you will not need to use a VPN to access netflix after you have created your account. Regarding your payment method, people are using Revolut as they offer very favourable exchange rates and no charges, where as standard banks and CC companies have a worse rate and will have transaction fees. In the general scheme of things though as the amount we are talking about here is only around €9 a month, the fees won't be a massive if you choose a standard debit or credit card.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

An updated list is kept here of cheapest place to get Netflix:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1vId7Jpl8pBUJNE4ghcuq24R9mD1k5BOsRC85cmnDB5s/edit#gid=2040029773
    Mexico is only €4 a month!

How does Japan get it so cheap. I understand the poorer countries getting it cheap but Japan is far from poor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

How does Japan get it so cheap. I understand the poorer countries getting it cheap but Japan is far from poor.

I've just auto renewed on Mexico.

Anyone gone total Japanese ?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

TallGlass wrote: »
    I've just auto renewed on Mexico.

Anyone gone total Japanese ?

After re-checking the link above Japans prices have not been updated for 2 years so I do not know if they are still that price as I never checked.

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭GalwayGaillimh

If there is a Family being setup lve cash ready to join :-)

Si Deus Nobiscum Qui Contra Nos

If there is a Family being setup lve cash ready to join :-)
    Cool!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭GalwayGaillimh

Cool!
    Are you setting up one?

Si Deus Nobiscum Qui Contra Nos

Advertisement