Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Would you kill an intruder if you were guaranteed to get away scot free?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭snowflaker

shamrock55 wrote: »
    Depends,if they are just cming in for a tv or playstation then ill just pound the **** out of them with a bat,if they are in my kids rooms i pound them to death with said bat

What if they wrestle the bat from you and pound the crap outta you???

Or are you like most boardsies with a 7th black belt in magna crav or some shyte?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭Beyondgone

Depends,if they are just cming in for a tv or playstation then ill just pound the **** out of them with a bat,if they are in my kids rooms i pound them to death with said bat

Bats are tiny. You'd be waay better pounding them with something bigger like a chicken or a small goose. A small goose is probably the best option - no Jury would convict you. Or believe it happened. Do it naked as well. Add to the confusion.

Beyondgone wrote: »
    Bats are tiny. You'd be waay better pounding them with something bigger like a chicken or a small goose. A small goose is probably the best option - no Jury would convict you. Or believe it happened. Do it naked as well. Add to the confusion.

I think you'd be done for cruelty to bats- aren't they a protected species???

snowflaker wrote: »
    I think you'd be done for cruelty to bats- aren't they a protected species???

Absolutely. Hence the goose. No one cares about geese. Bats have powerful friends.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,319 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

I dunno. Like to think I wouldn't have to, but I could do it if in fear of my life or those I love. Not something I would relish the thought of to be honest.

• Advertisement

Absolutely. Hence the goose. No one cares about geese. Bats have powerful friends.

Geese as web footed animals have protections too- throw a shoe!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,087 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Naked with a horn , changes the whole dynamic of the situation

"I've been expecting you mate. Dya want to be the little spoon or the little spoon laddie?"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Erik Shin

diomed wrote: »
    Some old guy tried that once (Clontarf?)
    He chased a young guy waving his golf club.
    The young lad took it from him and knocked seven bells out of him.
    Think it through a little, please.

Don't let him take it from you

pjohnson wrote: »
    "I've been expecting you mate. Dya want to be the little spoon or the little spoon laddie?"

The fork obv, what's the horn for!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,208 ✭✭✭shamrock55

snowflaker wrote: »
    What if they wrestle the bat from you and pound the crap outta you???

Or are you like most boardsies with a 7th black belt in magna crav or some shyte?

Lets just say id be fairly confidant that wouldnt happen

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Eoinbmw

Golf club is a bad choice cant realy swing it in a house!
    Hatchet, hammer,wheelbrace or iron bar is what you need!

Erik Shin wrote: »
    Don't let him take it from you

No one ever "lets" them take it. They take it. They've no manners these burglar types. The beauty of the goose is they have 2 handles legs, so you can get a fantastic grip. If it's a live goose, the noise of their honking would add to the effect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

And for added confusion, keep chanting the names of the Irish 1990 World Cup squad (including the backroom staff, like Maurice Setters and Mick Byrne) while you beat them. It wouldn't even make it to court.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

I would never kill somebody unless it was absolutely necessary, ie. they were threatening my life/had a deadly weapon

• Registered Users Posts: 23,087 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

No one ever "lets" them take it. They take it. They've no manners these burglar types. The beauty of the goose is they have 2 handles legs, so you can get a fantastic grip. If it's a live goose, the noise of their honking would add to the effect.
    "Between you're goose honking and my horn making sweet jungle music we'll give that intruder the time of his life."

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

Strike first and strike hard. Defence and the Dwelling Act

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Erik Shin

wakka12 wrote: »
    I would never kill somebody unless it was absolutely necessary, ie. they were threatening my life/had a deadly weapon

Does your man standing at the top of the stairs with the horn count?

Getting naked is 33% of my defense plan. I'd be just another nutter with a cross bow if I was wearing any clothes.

It adds to the image too, no one wants to see a naked man with a cross bow.

Imagine that bow was a goose. Now you've crossed from "naked and armed" to "naked and with poultry".:cool:

No one wants to mess with that sort of powerful stuff. Crossbows are so 1980's.

Lets just say id be fairly confidant that wouldnt happen

Oh do tell!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭Archeron

I sense an episode of Murder She Wrote in the making.

• Advertisement

Archeron wrote: »

I don't think ITV3 is ready for that kind of nudity... someone might have a stroke!

Archeron wrote: »

I'd chuck in "goose + naked + fur on end + horn" but it's always hard to predict how you'd react in these situations. You'd be morto if you'd planned this out and then, in the heat of the moment, the auld horn let you down. You'd be some fool shouting down "I've a goose and a horn and I'm not afraid to use them!" then charging out with only the goose. You'd lose all credibility ffs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭pablo128

I have ran over the scenario many times. Burglars are opportunists, and will roam an estate looking for an easy target. In other words, they haven't told all their friends and family that they are about to break into Pablo's house.

With that in mind, if I managed to kill an intruder (and believe me I would do my best), I would simply put his carcass into the boot of my car and dump it up the road into a ditch.

Job done and one less burglar.

pablo128 wrote: »
    I have ran over the scenario many times. Burglars are opportunists, and will roam an estate looking for an easy target. In other words, they haven't told all their friends and family that they are about to break into Pablo's house.

With that in mind, if I managed to kill an intruder (and believe me I would do my best), I would simply put his carcass into the boot of my car and dump it up the road into a ditch.

Job done and one less burglar.

The hassle of getting another car though. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Bang bang. One shot and it'd be all over for them

That's two shots!

That's two shots!

And that whooshing sound wasn't a plane. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭pablo128

The hassle of getting another car though. :(

? I would dump the burglars carcass, not the car. There's a few years left in the car yet. Sure how would anyone know it was me that dumped the carcass there?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

And that whooshing sound wasn't a plane. ;)

No, don't get the whooshing sound either! :p

pablo128 wrote: »
    ? I would dump the burglars carcass, not the car. There's a few years left in the car yet. Sure how would anyone know it was me that dumped the carcass there?

This is life and death stuff ffs. You have to keep the plan clear and simple. You'd go "put your mans carcass in the boot there Beyondy and dump it in the ditch up the road". I'd go off, come back walking, no car, and you'd go mad at me. These details matter. "Dump the body in the ditch, bring the car back".

You can't just assume accomplices will understand.:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

Gotta love the oul, sure they're only possessions, things etc. No point in making a stand or threatening a life for such possessions.

The bottom line however is when someone enters your house forcibly you do not know their intentions and if they are there just to rob of you possessions, you don't know what length they will go to a) get those possessions or b) ensure they escape the clutches of the law.
    Reminds of that case recently enough where the 90 year old was seriously assaulted during the course of such a robbery.

http://m.independent.ie/irish-news/courts/raiders-with-120-convictions-out-on-bail-when-they-tied-up-and-beat-90yearold-woman-35313866.html

There is also the fact that the lasting effect is not just the loss of a TV or jewellery or a ****ing toaster but it is the long term psychological effects an invasion of privacy and a theft of security can have on people. Not to mention that possessions of very sentimental value may be lost forever.

These things particularly apply, of course, to older people and those in rural communities. In my view, if someone breaks into your home, they should be fair game for being blasted into the afterlife without consequence.

That said, whether I would do it or not, I don't know, thankfully I've never been in the position.

Advertisement