Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

"Real Life" board mascot...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 422 ✭✭adra

awwwwwwww
    hes sooooo cute heeheeeeee

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Isnt he a bit before your time adra? This was back when RTE actually meant something cheeky.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

ahh the loverly judge from wonderly wagon.
    now there was a scary program.

anyone actually remember what it was about?
    apart from the aformentioned judge telling us to
    'never give a fire a chance.... WOOF'

Thought Judge left wanderly (not wonderly) wagon to pursue a career on road safety? ("Remember 1! look for a safe place..."), but it didn't last and his career hit the rocks and after that stint in the rehab he cleans up after the kenny show (good of RTE to keep him on like)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,339 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoLth

Yeah, judge went on to do a stint at the road safety (the 'never give fire a chance' dog was a health and safety boards attempt at making advertising safety fun. It was crap). I think Judge took over the green cross code job from that guy that used to dress up in a white superhero outfit with a massive X on the front... aaaargh, I can't remember who the actor was, but he's famous (in Ireland) now!

Wanderly Wagon was just a big gypsy wagon with talking animals that trundled about the place singing annoying repetitive songs and arguing.

LONG LIVE BAGPUSS AND THE MOOMINS!

smile.gif

• Advertisement

But when Bagpuss went to sleep, all his friends went to sleep!

bagpuss.jpg

http://ds.dial.pipex.com/nigel_baker/bagpuss/people.htm

And whatever happend to Emily?

[This message has been edited by Hobbes (edited 02-07-99).]

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,339 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoLth

nice one Hobbes!

hehe, my mother knitted me a bagpuss when I was a wee ikkle tot... Still have it somewhere too!

'Bagpuss Yawned and settled down to sleep'

the organ mice are cool..

smile.gif

Preacher LoLth: 'Suffer little children. Suffer!'

Advertisement