Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Banned From Referral Codes

Options
  • 15-10-2019 12:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭

Banned from referral codes.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057997835

Was given a warning after i started a new thread when i didnt read the rules properly about needing a minimum post requirement which was fine.

Was trying to be active in the forum and commented on some other threads in that forum and then got a permanent ban.

I believe this is for the minimum post requirement but i believed this was for starting a new thread in that forum and not for just commenting on the threads already created.

Tried to contact the Mod multiple times but have gotten no response from him regarding this ban. He just stated at time of ban that i got an infraction and ignored it.

I didnt ignore it, the rules never stated clearly that the requirements are for all posting on the forum and not just for creating new threads which wasnt properly explained.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,260 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Hello Darby_321; as one of the local CMods I'll be reviewing this case.

Can you please forward me a copies of the PMs you've sent to the moderator in question?

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Darby_321

Nody wrote: »
    Hello Darby_321; as one of the local CMods I'll be reviewing this case.

Can you please forward me a copies of the PMs you've sent to the moderator in question?

Do you want me to just post them in here on this thread?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,260 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Darby_321 wrote: »
    Do you want me to just post them in here on this thread?
    Simply forward them directly to my PM inbox please.

Thank you, I'll review the PMs as well as speak with the moderation team in question.

Ok, I've spoken with the mod in question who did ban you and read through all the PM conversation. Twice you were told your posts were removed due to not meeting the minimum number of posts and you were referred back to the charter which is as bare bones clear as possible:
    • 100 posts - Minimum post count.
    • 3 months - Member of boards.ie.
    • Declare what you gain from each referral.
    • Post a referral only once in the forum and in the relevant thread (if no thread exist start a new one)
    • No bumping to promote a referral.
    • Failure to read or comply with these rules will be a straight forum ban.
    How you could in any way conceive that the 100 post requirement was limited to starting a new thread I'll never figure out after your PM conversation below:
    Darby_321 wrote:
    ok thanks for letting me know. I see though that my other posts on different threads in the referral section were deleted, do those posts come back or do i just have to post in them again?

Am i still ok to post on other threads in the referral section?
    Moderator wrote:
    The posts are deleted and don't get restored.
    Once you meet the minimum post requirement you can post in the referral forum as per the charter.
    This was before the permanent ban in response to your initial infraction that PM conversation happened.

I've confirmed with the team the permanent ban is the standard follow up for someone breaking the charter twice and there is no question you did after being told 100 posts minimum and told to read the charter before posting again. Having said that I've agreed with the moderator team for a once off exception in your case; if you agree I'll reduce the ban to a month and you can then post in the forum once you got 100 posts minimum. A third breach of the forum charter will be a permanent ban.

Your now have a decision to make if you accept this outcome and we'll mark this as resolved or I can kick it up one step in the chain to the admin team for their review and decision.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Darby_321

Ok that is fine. Thankyou

Thank you; I've replaced your permanent ban with a 1 month ban that will automatically lift once it's over. Please keep in mind to not post until you have 100 posts to your name once the ban is lifted.

Admins this has been resolved and the follow up actions have been implemented.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement