Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.

Racism in McDonald’s

• Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

Ive also witnessed junkies calling fast food workers racist profanities

Id imagine its because many people consider them the dregs of society and so there is nothing to lose when youre as low as you can go. They dont care

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 200 ✭✭Uncle Charlie

Something needs to be done about all the Junkies in Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Edgware

Something needs to be done about all the Junkies in Dublin.

It's a disgrace Joe

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Ruraldweller56

I wonder about the use of the term Racism in this situation and feel we are very fast to jump to it, They are scumbags for sure but these people will throw a fit regardless of who is telling them they cant use the toilet, if the person was "white" they would have received abuse also I am sure, so the question is was it pure racism(ie; the hate of a race other than your own) or just aggressive abuse that focused on a physical characteristic? If for example if he was a Fat Irish guy and they were shouting abuse about him being fat does that automatically make them fat-phobic or would they just still be scumbags?

It's always something I've wondered about these 'racist' mongerers to be honest. It seems many of them think you can be a **** as long as you don't say anything that can be regarded as racist and you're grand.

A few of the antifa people I know (they are in this country unfortunately) come out with bile and hatred far worse than you're average racist.

It's just that they're PC when they do it.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,565 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

The heroin problem in Dublin is horrendous and getting worse year on year. It is something the Govt, the Gardai and Dublin City Council should collectively hang their heads in shame over.

Something really badly needs to be done at this stage because it is out of control.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,542 ✭✭✭bassy

yaas woodnt ave a eura woods ya

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭theguzman

JupiterKid wrote: »
    The heroin problem in Dublin is horrendous and getting worse year on year. It is something the Govt, the Gardai and Dublin City Council should collectively hang their heads in shame over.

Something really badly needs to be done at this stage because it is out of control.

I'm sure we could do a deal with Somalia, Sierra Leone or Christmas Island and ship them all out of a one way ticket. The world should nominate somewhere as a modern day version of Van Dieman's land as a dumping ground for undesirables.

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭JizzBeans

Just witnessed about 3 so called “unwell” strong dublin accent poorly dressed white Irish ppl give dreadful seriously aggressive racist abuse to a black security guard as he refused to allow them to use the toilet facilities. Plenty of profanities and threats to do this that and the other to the security guard.

One of them claimed to have his lawyer on the mobile phone while the incident was ongoing.

Why do the dublin non working junkie/drug addicts/unwell resort to racism so quickly?

On a side note I often notice they profess to being huge fans of the likes of 2 pac, snoop dog etc

Shameful carry on.

Did you do anything to assist?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 949 ✭✭✭Woodsie1

JizzBeans wrote: »
    Did you do anything to assist?

Like what?:pac:

Woodsie1 wrote: »
    Like what?:pac:

Thats what i want to know

What would you suggest?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,700 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Bobblehats wrote: »
    Well it wouldn’t happen in Supermacs.

Dead right it wouldn't.

Pat likes his patrons to be to enjoy their late supper in peace.

What would you suggest?

assistance

assistance

In what way?
    Scumbags shouting abuse is nothing new.
    Be different if there was an assault.
    Even then its pretty dumb getting involved with unstable scum junkies

We need a leader like this guy to sort out the drug problem in Dublin.

NINTCHDBPICT000410197708.jpg?strip=all&quality=100&w=1200&h=800&crop=1

In what way?
    Scumbags shouting abuse is nothing new.
    Be different if there was an assault.
    Even then its pretty dumb getting involved with unstable scum junkies

True, its nothing new. So is it really "seriously aggressive racist abuse" then?

Not for me.
    If he was fat,skinny,bald,from the country,ginger,really tall,really short,whatever outstanding feature, the junkie scum would have focused on that and abused the security guard for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 818 ✭✭✭Hal3000

How we let these zombies roam around our city so freely is beyond me. Before anyone starts I’m sorry but these wasters offer ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to society. North inner city is ruined by their presence.

Hal3000 wrote: »
    How we let these zombies roam around our city so freely is beyond me. Before anyone starts I’m sorry but these wasters offer ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to society. North inner city is ruined by their presence.

Also Non-National gypsy gangs are a major problem.

Non-Nationals who commit crime should be deported.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭Bobblehats

Hal3000 wrote: »

That’s what I says it’s like World War Z(ulu) out there. Is anywhere safe?!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Edgware

Also Non-National gypsy gangs are a major problem.

Non-Nationals who commit crime should be deported.
    "Non National" as distinct from the National gypsies who are model citizens

• Registered Users Posts: 16,756 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Only on AH would people claim that someone shouting racist abuse at a person, isn't actually racism as they have deduced that if the victim was fat, he would have been abused for that?

Seriously?
    Racial abuse isn't racism, now?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,069 ✭✭✭Augme

The three lads are probably regular posters in the current affairs forum tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭RandomName2

Why do the dublin non working junkie/drug addicts/unwell resort to racism so quickly?

Because the easiest, laziest insults are ones based on physical appearance.

Augme wrote: »
    The three lads are probably regular posters in the current affairs forum tbh.
    Probably authors of a few threads in the boards 'Prison' over the past few years too.

And maybe just maybe one of them has re reged again just to troll this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Racist Dubs, what else is new..

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭mrmorgan

Just witnessed about 3 so called “unwell” strong dublin accent poorly dressed white Irish ppl give dreadful seriously aggressive racist abuse to a black security guard as he refused to allow them to use the toilet facilities. Plenty of profanities and threats to do this that and the other to the security guard.

One of them claimed to have his lawyer on the mobile phone while the incident was ongoing.

On a side note I often notice they profess to being huge fans of the likes of 2 pac, snoop dog etc

Shameful carry on.

I love the way you had to clarify it was white people

"Evil white straight b******S"