Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Jingle Bells 5k December 1st 2012

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,454 ✭✭✭✭28064212

Hi greenb,

We posted out numbers today so they should be with participants by latest Wednesday.
    I registered on Friday last, but after close of business, will my number still be posted out?

Boardsie Enhancement Suite - a browser extension to make using Boards on desktop a better experience (includes full-width display, keyboard shortcuts, and dark mode). Now available through the extension stores

Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/boardsie-enhancement-suite/

Chrome/Edge/Opera: https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/boardsie-enhancement-suit/bbgnmnfagihoohjkofdnofcfmkpdmmce

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Donore Harriers

28064212 wrote: »
    I registered on Friday last, but after close of business, will my number still be posted out?

Yep it will have been posted out to you. Bar some very late ones, I understand we included all who entered over the weekend too.

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭BenMicheal

Will there be a bag drop off point tomorrow?? My running mate pulled out, so am doing it on my own & cant use his car to keep my bag in!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,483 ✭✭✭daymobrew

BenMicheal wrote: »
    Will there be a bag drop off point tomorrow?? My running mate pulled out, so am doing it on my own & cant use his car to keep my bag in!
    Yes.
    http://www.donoreharriers.com/images/_client_specific/JingleBellsInfo2012.pdf
    There will be a van positioned close to the start area to take back
    light gear to the finish area. You must be able to identify your own kit however and Donore Harriers will not be held responsible for any missing items.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Roddy23

Looking forward to this now. First run since the Great Ireland run. Looks a nice flat course too. Where would be the best place to park if coming from the Southside?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 982 ✭✭✭The Royal Scam

well done to everyone in this today. Anybody any ideas on where to get the results. Link on website not working

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭ChampionChip

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,819 ✭✭✭✭g'em

Really enjoyed the run today, wonderful atmosphere, well organised, great craic altogether and a great way to start the festive season!

Well done all round :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭shels4ever

a blast from the past running 17:59

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭The_Boy_Wonder

shels4ever wrote: »

I saw that as well.... he's in better shape these days. A1 Sharon!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭thirstywork2

shels4ever wrote: »

Nigel is an absolute gent,had the pleasure to be his teammate and gain some of his knowledge.Not many people know this but he beat Wilson Kipketer as a junior.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

Nigel is an absolute gent,had the pleasure to be his teammate and gain some of his knowledge.Not many people know this but he beat Wilson Kipketer as a junior.

Just got him mixed up with Bruton.........

• Registered Users Posts: 6,483 ✭✭✭daymobrew

Thanks to the sweet downhill near the end, I smashed my PB by 45 sec. New PB is 18:10. I cannot believe it.

Very enjoyable race. I nearly forgot about my chip and only happened to see the bucket for them by accident - it was a pleasant surprise to not be assaulted by someone trying to get the chip off me.

I was able to park my bike on the steps beside the finish line - very cool. Now I have to go back there as I think I dropped my Garmin HRM strap there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭RunningKing

My 1st Jingle Bells and won't be my last. Well organised and perfect conditions.
    I ran a PB 19:27 and my 12 yr old ran her 1st 5k in 27:00. Both delighted!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭Stupid_Private

• Registered Users Posts: 29 upsidemark

anyone come across any video footage of the race? Amazing what you would do just to see a one second clip of yourself running past a shaky camera!

I found one video on youtube with a guy wearing a head cam the whole way round but i'm not in it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hHJFTnNZLKE

Anyone got any others?

Would I be a terrible parent if I forced my 11 year old son out on a freezing cold December morning to take a bit of video footage as I ran past in the race!!

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭ac20

very enjoyable and well organised race. An unexpected PB for me 21.08, wasnt expecting that at all. Nice touch with the mug for all participants and a great day weatherwise for running.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

By any chance did anyone come across a Garmin 110 after the race?
    One of my clubmates lost one, possibly near the clubhouse....

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭JosDel

upsidemark wrote: »
    anyone come across any video footage of the race? Amazing what you would do just to see a one second clip of yourself running past a shaky camera!

I found one video on youtube with a guy wearing a head cam the whole way round but i'm not in it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hHJFTnNZLKE

Anyone got any others?

Would I be a terrible parent if I forced my 11 year old son out on a freezing cold December morning to take a bit of video footage as I ran past in the race!!

Any truth in the runour that this guy was on skates...

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Donore Harriers

JosDel wrote: »
    Any truth in the runour that this guy was on skates...

No truth to that. I saw the guy pass over the finish line myself and there was no skates. You can see some slight up and down movement in the vid but pretty steady otherwise.

• Advertisement
Advertisement