Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

ESB Cash

Options
  • 03-11-2011 1:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 27

Just wondering does anyone know, before I get on to threshold, whether I should be asking for receipts for the cash that I put into the esb meter in the bedsit I rent out?

Like there was a considerable amount of cash lifted by the landlord's agent recently from it, but it's not really accounted for in anyway, just handed to the landlord.

Should I be asking for receipts?
    :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,050 ✭✭✭token101

id definitely be asking for it back!!! You do know aswell, that with those pre paid meters, not all of your money is actually going to the electricity? Some of it is going to pay off a debt that was accrued on the premises. Somebody who lived there would have built up a massive debt with ESB, and got this meter installed as a result. So, when youre putting your €10 a week in (or whatever it is) only €7 or so is going to the actual electricity, the other €3 is going to clearing the debt. If the debt has been cleared, it goes on to the account as a credit and the account holder can get a check sent out to themselves. So if the account isnt in your name, youre effectively handing over 2/3 quid to the account holder (or paying their debt if it is still going on). Id be sorting that out ASAP man!!! Ring up ESB and find out the story!! give em the meter number and theyll be able to see what the story is.

Advertisement