Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Spain Car Hire

• 01-08-2012 8:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭

Hi, anyone know of any good (cheap!!) car hire sites for rental in Spain - looking to rent a 7-seater from 10th to 18th of this month. Pick up and drop off at alicante airport. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,866 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

Auto escape are good.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭goz83

I regularly rent cars in Spain. I use www.arguscarhire.com and book there. They have an irish number you can ring after you book with them if you need to talk to them. Or you could just get prices and phone to book direct over the phone. You could end up using any company, but you'll get the best price. You'll be searching for a 5+2 seater by the way.

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,901 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

I used http://www.recordrentacar.com/ to rent a 9 seater this year and found them very good, prices were reasonable and the pick up and drop off were minimal hassle.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,471 ✭✭✭maidhc

Hertz are actually OK.

Have used holiday autos about 20 times at this stage, never any issues and very cheap.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

I tend to use Hertz these days when travelling to Spain. When I lived in Madrid, I used EasyRentaCar as they had a depot not too far from me in a train station. Good value, but you had nasty self-advertising transfers on the sides of the car (and you'd be charged if they "came off")

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

Anytime I go over I rent from Goldcar. Usually rent a Focus 1.6 TDCi for about 32 euro a day. Compared to Irish renters it seems quite good ?

Another I've used is Sol Mar.

Ken

hertz are a total rip off. I have been with Goldcar and Sol-Mar a few times. Always got them through Argus though.

• Registered Users Posts: 64,547 ✭✭✭✭unkel

7-seaters are going to be expensive!

Did you try hiper car rental? Worked out by far the cheapest for my holiday to Spain this summer.

Got a 5 seater car for about €170 for 12 days. Plus extras for child car seats. Hertz and others were looking for €400 and more :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,471 ✭✭✭maidhc

ZENER wrote: »
    Anytime I go over I rent from Goldcar. Usually rent a Focus 1.6 TDCi for about 32 euro a day. Compared to Irish renters it seems quite good ?

Another I've used is Sol Mar.

Ken

Prob with Goldcar is they insist on selling you a tank of overpriced petrol to begin with and you must bring it back dry and you get no credit.

maidhc wrote: »
    Prob with Goldcar is they insist on selling you a tank of overpriced petrol to begin with and you must bring it back dry and you get no credit.

Actually most of them do this now. You might only rent a 1.6 focus for 2 days and will be expected to use the fuel you paid €80 for! I try my best to find a like for like return, but it gets harder every time. They make extra on fuel, because they charge a premium rate and there is usually at least a quarter tank left in it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭Zith

Was over there 3 weeks ago and got a Grand Scenic from Sixt. They are in Alicante airport like most of the others, booked it online. Was very impressed and it took two adults and the three kids no bother. Basic price was a little higher than others but the cost for the extras (baby and booster seats plus satnav) was way cheaper. Price included the zero excess so no messing around with paying locally for reducing the excess that some of the other sites had.

Ended up in a brand new Grand Scenic, 7km on the clock :) Drove around for the week and only used half a tank of diesel, 40 euro to fill it back up. Savage.

I had looked at using argus but I felt there was too many variables in the bookings so I wasn't sure if I was getting every thing I needed. Could be just me though.

Sixt are my favourite. But often they have nothing available on short notice. In Spain, if renting for more than 5 days, they do the like for like fuel return policy. Well they do in Alicante and Murcia. They don't in Copenhagen though :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭Username99

Anyone know of a car rental company in Spain where you can rent a car without a credit card? Preferably near Alicante.

Advertisement