Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Things That Trialvilly Annoy You.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,712 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

How about when you set the alarm clock but you wake up before it goes off and you get up forgetting about the clock.away you go about your day and next thing you are downstairs and you hear the alarm upstairs singing it’s fcukin merry tune.
    Up the stairs with you again to turn off the clock.
    Lordy lord

Or you’re in the shower and it’s waking up everyone else in the house

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

Grown men who stick their tongue out in photos..

Oh god. This should have a mandatory life sentence. Utter plebs. Nobody wants to see your stupid slimey tongue...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

" Ar country "

Dress with "sequence"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Rosie Rant

Our new neighbour is a chronic throat clearer. Constant aheming all bloody day. I can hear her over the TV. The sound goes through me because it sounds so deliberate/put on.

I think I have arthritis in my knees. They are sore all the time and they crack whenever I straighten them or stand up.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,342 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    I think my ankle has cornavirus, just the ankle.

giphy.gif

• Advertisement

Anyone really who does that. Children might get a pass.

The female equivalent might be the trout pout. Scores of women who all look exactly the same when they make that ridiculous expression. Who told them it was a good idea? The same people who told them to superimpose mouse ears and whiskers onto their social media pics probably.

Gwynplaine wrote: »
    What about knife lickers?

People who run their index finger along the side of their teeth after eating to make sure they "got it all".

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,342 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Antares35 wrote: »
    The female equivalent might be the trout pout. Scores of women who all look exactly the same when they make that ridiculous expression. Who told them it was a good idea? The same people who told them to superimpose mouse ears and whiskers onto their social media pics probably.

I think it started because models used to do that to make their face look thinner and would make their cheekbones stand out more. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Walked the dogs with a friend at the weekend and we stopped off at a little cafe. Rather than leaning the dogs in the car, we said we would sit outside with them in the designated area. The designated dog area has two parts, one sort of inside with heaters etc. and the other is proper outside. Anyway we bought our sandwiches, cakes, drinks etc.

As I went in I noticed a large group of people with one dog and 2 coffees between them which were almost empty. Grand we thought, they will probably be finished up soon and we can take that table. Nope. Ah hour later after we had finished they were still there. Ten of them nursing 2 coffees. :(

Ripped my left bracelet off while I dressed. Whenever I lose a bracelet, something weird happens. I half don't want to go out now. TA bad mood.

Ps. I also tore my left earring out in the same movement. It lost its hook. I had to jerry rig it with a new hook from a different earring which is also an odd earring because I ripped its matching earring out and lost it the last time I had one of those days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭TheDavester

Eoghan McDermott trying to gain attention over the weekend about Flack's death in the indo and try to "be kind" and Jennifer Maguire/Zamp doing the same thing today (she wasn't kind to Peter Casey about that made up confrontation at the LLS last year) ...these "celebs" have no shame....who from RTE will be trotted out tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 6,035 ✭✭✭Be right back

Not liking spicy food, I asked for my curry to be extra mild only to find loads of chillies when I opened the carton.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Not liking spicy food, I asked for my curry to be extra mile only to find loads of chillies when I opened the carton.

They were just going the extra mile
    ?imw=637&imh=358&ima=fit&impolicy=Letterbox&imcolor=%23000000&letterbox=true

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    They were just going the extra mile
    ?imw=637&imh=358&ima=fit&impolicy=Letterbox&imcolor=%23000000&letterbox=true

Mild not mile!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

TA that, even though myself and my missus are finally nearing a house to rent, and are going to sign the contract/collect the keys on Tuesday......., I cannot get excited about it.

We have waited 7 years to do this properly, we both now have full-time jobs, but we have been screwed around by housing agencies/landlords so much that we have lost the ability to get excited about finally living together.

My anxiety and pessimism have gotten in the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,175 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Eoghan McDermott trying to gain attention over the weekend about Flack's death in the indo and try to "be kind" and Jennifer Maguire/Zamp doing the same thing today (she wasn't kind to Peter Casey about that made up confrontation at the LLS last year) ...these "celebs" have no shame....who from RTE will be trotted out tomorrow

I wonder did he send he a message of support or Tweet his support when the incident took place back in December!

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭Midster

This is an easy one for me.

People driving in a 100kmph road at 80kmph

Or worse still 60kmph

And not moving over at all so those of us who are in a rush, or do have somewhere to be, and a time limit to be there can’t get by.

I mean, do the people who do this sort of thing have control issues? They can’t control anything in there lives so when they jump in the car they love nothing better than to dictate the speed of every single car behind them!!

Worse than that is the 2 cars behind just settling for the reduced speed and therefore making the car at the front completely impassable to everyone behind them!!

This message is for all you drivers out there who do this... look in your rear view mirror for once, and think about others for a change you selfish bleeps

Midster wrote: »

Or worse still 60kmph

And not moving over at all so those of us who are in a rush, or do have somewhere to be, and a time limit to be there can’t get by.

I mean, do the people who do this sort of thing have control issues? They can’t control anything in there lives so when they jump in the car they love nothing better than to dictate the speed of every single car behind them!!

Worse than that is the 2 cars behind just settling for the reduced speed and therefore making the car at the front completely impassable to everyone behind them!!

This message is for all you drivers out there who do this... look in your rear view mirror for once, and think about others for a change you selfish bleeps
    It's a speed limit, not a target.

People not going into the outside lane to accommodate people coming off the sliproad..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 586 ✭✭✭Redneck Reject71

When your body says "Oh no you can't", but your pride says, "Oh yes you can". The end result doesn't bode well. That mare nearly pulled the arms off me,heh.

• Advertisement

There's a place on my route to work where they're building a wind farm. On one side of the hill there's the entrance to to the site, with the site offices near the road. The exit is on the other side of the hill, along a very windy road (windy as in full of bends). There's a chap with an old white Toyota who always comes out the entrance side, proceeds to drive along the bendy road at 40kmh max (but under 35kmh on the actual bends), and then enters the side by the exit. Now, only lunatics would do 80kmh along that stretch and I'm usually quite patient with slow drivers - I usually tell myself I don't know what condition their car is, or their tyres, or their eyesight; they may not be confident drivers, or not know the road. But 40kmh max was seriously testing my patience. So I asked myself, why is he driving so slow, and against the flow of site traffic? I figured, maybe he's carrying explosives, there may be a rock bed that needs to be blasted away, and taking the other road may be dangerous because it's uneven. Then "the truth" dawned on me. I bet the guy is bringing tea to his colleagues (made in the portacabin offices) and doesn't want to spill it. I could put money on it.

Midster wrote: »

Or worse still 60kmph

I think they just have zero self awareness.

Yes I agree and I think most difficult behaviours stem from lack of self awareness, maybe never taught to think of the consequences of their actions. Aka spoilt, mammied idiots.

Mt TA is just having to wait to feel fully fit in the morning. My mind thinks I'm superhuman and it can't accept that my body isn't complying.

At least you have some bit of a routine..I work shifts, and it's either night or day shifts..my biological clock doesn't have a clue what's going on..I can either be up and wide awake at 6 in the morning, or struggle to get up at 12..I can be falling asleep at 4 in the afternoon, and bouncing around the place at 4 in the morning..shur how would you be right?..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

One of my neighbours being incredibly awkward. She had her kids very young, never finished school but gathered it might be time to do something with herself.
    She is dipping her toes into the colourful world of training courses.
    But here's the thing: she has little to no academic ability. It has to be free and fully online. She doesn't want to drive anywhere, despite the fact that her kids are taken care of during the day. She doesn't want to put a lot of work into it.

Given her list of criteria you can imagine how successful she is to find something suitable.
    Now she's complaining how hard single mothers have it and there are no training opportunities for her and it's all the system's fault.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 478 ✭✭Millicently

I shouted at our cat for clawing the sofa now I feel really guilty about shouting at him and he's ignoring me in a huff.

Aldi dog agility sets at €15 each. When I check online, they are £10. TA this rip off conversion bullsh*t still prevails.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Cars not indicatating.Seen car coming towards the roundabout,no indicators looks like they are going straight.I cross,next i get loads of beeps.

He just drove behind me,beeping.Prick.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

When your body says "Oh no you can't", but your pride says, "Oh yes you can". The end result doesn't bode well. That mare nearly pulled the arms off me,heh.

Oh yes, I can do anything! Being five foot nothing, middle aged and arthritic says otherwise. In my head I'm Superwoman.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭vriesmays

All the non-nationals saying thank you so much instead of very much.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement