Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Early Summer: Noticeably warmer from Saturday (24th March)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,016 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

20c at Malin Head which is a new March record for there beating 19c on March 28th 1965.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

19.5 in Malin I think. 15z UTC is 16:00 our time. 19.7 in Ballyhaise though. See the 10xxx value here where xxx = Temp in nn.n

http://www.ogimet.com/ultimos_synops.php?lang=en&estado=Irel&fmt=html&Send=Send

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭CB19Kevo

Currently 22.3 in South Kerry,
    Happy with that:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭lawhec

21.5c in Omagh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭Musicman2000

mike65 wrote: »
    The "ya-boo" colder snap that Musicman2000 mentioned has been downgraded as things stand. It looks like we will just about stay on the warm side of the divide.

Fantastic day Mike should keep yourself happy:) and long may it last but as I said enjoy next week because its not going to last come april, the models are going to flip and flop over the next week, I think we could be in for a shock in April MT is hinting at this also and the UKMO update for april.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭snowstreams

Great weather alright. But what caused that strange cloud going from clare up to armagh? Glad it stayed away from Galway city anyway, got to use the bbq, hopefully not the only chance to use it this year!

197596.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭ch750536

Car thermo showed 24c for a while at 3 counties cross, suspect this non scientific method may be flawed. Also the speedometer stopped working...

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭Green Diesel

Beautiful day here in Mayo. I get an irrational love of this island when the sun is out! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,016 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

The official March record of 23.6c at Trinity College Dublin, March 28th 1965 should be broken this week with the fine spell continuing. :cool:
    I think it will be broken at Valentia.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭compsys

Fantastic day Mike should keep yourself happy:) and long may it last but as I said enjoy next week because its not going to last come april, the models are going to flip and flop over the next week, I think we could be in for a shock in April MT is hinting at this also and the UKMO update for april.

Judging by the winter just gone I think it's a bit premature to be talking about upcoming 'cold' spells to be honest.

I don't know how many times the models, MT and even the UKMO hinted at cold weather this past winter only for it never to materialise (for Ireland at least).

The next 5 to 6 days are still showing great weather and above average temperatures. Anything after that is FI as far as I'm concerned.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭Su Campu

20.2 C at Finner was the warmest to day, followed by 19.9 at Valentia and 19.8 at Casement.
    I got 24.5C in my garden, which shows the effect of urban locations.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,620 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Phoenix Park got to 20.3c.

Max of 19.3c here today.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

beautiful sunny day although had a bit of coastal breeze so probably only got 17/18c but i aint complaining :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,795 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

The really surprising bit is that the temperature is still high even though the sun has set. There is no sign yet of the chill that one would normally associate with clear skies.

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭MiNdGaM3

Max of 16.6C in Cork city, equalling the max of the year set on March 1st. Definitely more to come during the week though. I just hope the good weather last after my dissertation is handed in on Thursday!

DOCARCH wrote: »
    Phoenix Park got to 20.3c.

Where did you get that info?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 546 ✭✭✭elduggo

Su Campu wrote: »
    Where did you get that info?

Gerry Murphy mentioned it on ME's weather forecast after the 6 news on RTE

• Registered Users Posts: 6,103 ✭✭✭highdef

Discodog wrote: »
    The really surprising bit is that the temperature is still high even though the sun has set. There is no sign yet of the chill that one would normally associate with clear skies.

There's a chill where I am in rural inland Kildare. Already down to 6.9 but it was an amazingly warm day with temps into the 20's

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭compsys

The 'micro climate' that is Dublin Airport is in full swing as is usual on nights like this. 6c at the airport now and 12c only a few miles away at Casement.

It was a pretty awfull day at Belmullet apparently, with 900 mm of rain in 12 hours!!!!

http://www.ogimet.com/cgi-bin/gsynop?lang=en&esc=2&nav=Yes&lat=55N&lon=005W&proy=orto&base=bluem&ano=2012&mes=03&day=25hora=18&vr2=R2

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,834 ✭✭✭pauldry

snowing now in dublin airport :)

• Registered Users Posts: 845 ✭✭✭tylercollins

I had a high of 22.7 on my weather station today.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,601 ✭✭✭Birdnuts

Got to 21-22C by the lake here in wall to wall sunshine:cool: and I've got 2 big red ears to prove it:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

20.7C max at Phoenix Park according to Gerry Murphy on RTE just now

Still 11.6C here and feeling very mild out

• Registered Users Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭Pangea

Northern Ireland reached 20.9 C at Ballykelly according to Met UK.

Heres the highest temps from met eireann.

3pYd8l.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 845 ✭✭✭tylercollins

Pangea wrote: »
    Northern Ireland reached 20.9 C at Ballykelly according to Met UK.

Heres the highest temps from met eireann.

I'm only 4 miles from Ballykelly and had a 22.7

• Registered Users Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭Pangea

I'm only 4 miles from Ballykelly and had a 22.7
    Thanks.
    Do you have adequate protection from sunlight over your thermometer?
    If its not protected enough it will read higher.

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭MiNdGaM3

Up to 14.5C already in Cork. Hopeful of beating the 16.6C from yesterday, though with a minimum of 8.6C this morning, it's unlikely to be the warmest mean day of the year so far. I wonder if this is our summer:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,229 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

i got 22.6 yesterday and finner got 20.2 , considdering my home made sun shield and the fact i'm bit further inland that difference is close enough for me.

5 degrees coming in this morning cold enough

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭cocoshovel

Google said 18 in Kilkenny yesterday. Didnt really feel like it with the wind but its still lovely to have. I am skeptical with all these 20C temps that people are posting here. Im not one to talk though as I know little or nothing :pac:

Advertisement