Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas TV Thread 2019

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

Posy wrote: »
    Ah now!!

If you are expecting me to wait until November 29th to decorate, that's just madness!

We have a lot on early/mid November with birthdays, anniversaries etc so have in my head the weekend before to go get the tree and get all the decorations down and then take a few days to put them up.

Luckily my wife will still be on maternity leave so get some done will other kids in school/Montessori :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭otnomart

‘A Moody Christmas’ Holiday Event Comedy Series
    US remake of an Ozzie Series, so dunno if and when it will find its way into Europe

starring Denis Leary
    the six-episode A Moody Christmas centers on the Moodys, including Sean Sr. (Leary), his wife Ann (Elizabeth Perkins), their three grown children and an assorted mix of extended family members who gather for the holidays, with each packing his/her own eccentricities and complications.
    https://deadline.com/2019/09/jay-baruchel-star-fox-a-moody-christmas-holiday-event-comedy-series-1202736021/

A new animated version of Julian Donaldson’s magical tale The Snail and the Whale will be one of the highlights of BBC1’s Christmas line-up

https://www.whatsontv.co.uk/news/the-snail-and-the-whale-bbc1-christmas-2019-593801/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,414 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

otnomart wrote: »
    A new animated version of Julian Donaldson’s magical tale The Snail and the Whale will be one of the highlights of BBC1’s Christmas line-up

https://www.whatsontv.co.uk/news/the-snail-and-the-whale-bbc1-christmas-2019-593801/

I'm really looking forward to this one - it's my favourite Donaldson book. :D

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

This year's Christmas & New Year TV listings will be confirmed on Tuesday 3rd December at 2.30pm with any regional variations being confirmed at 12 noon the following day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,731 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

True Movies has already switched into christmas movie mode...

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Loughc wrote: »
    Oooh this looks goooood.
    QUOTE]

I like Guy Pearse so probably give it a watch. Looks very dark so might have to watch the Muppets one as well for a bit of balance :D

Am keeping an eye on the Weebly UK Christmas TV site:
    http://ukchristmastv.weebly.com/confirmed2019.html

Seems to be some confusion as to which Agatha Christie adaptation BBC will go with: 'Pale Horse' or 'Death Comes as the End'.
    I would prefer to see 'Death Comes as the End' as it is one of the few Christie novels not to have been adapted for screen.
    'Pale Horse' has been adapted as part of ITV's Marple, even though Miss Marple doesn't feature in the novel.

No scripted Christmas specials on ITV other than soaps.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

Strictly Come Dancing Christmas special contestants announced this evening

• Advertisement

SarahLil wrote: »
    Strictly Come Dancing Christmas special contestants announced this evening

https://www.digitalspy.com/tv/reality-tv/a29700351/strictly-come-dancing-2019-christmas-special-return-fan-favourites/

Not the best of lineups if I’m honest. But I’ll still will watch haha.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

Yes its one of those things you just can't miss at Christmas

Out of interest do people usually buy the Christmas RTE Guide and Radio Times or just one?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,097 ✭✭✭✭DvB

TRS30 wrote: »
    Out of interest do people usually buy the Christmas RTE Guide and Radio Times or just one?

RTE Guide always. Dont bother with the rest anymore.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

DvB wrote: »
    RTE Guide always. Dont bother with the rest anymore.

That's we have done the last couple of years, just wondering if we are 'missing out' on anything by not getting the Radio Times etc.

That's we have done the last couple of years, just wondering if we are 'missing out' on anything by not getting the Radio Times etc.

Have a flick through them in the shops when thye go on sale, if there's some content that catches your eye & you feel it worth a punt, happy days. If not, dont bother:)

We buy the RTE guide more as a tradition than anything else, we rarely watch live TV anymore so the listings we could probably live without, we really just read the other stuff & do the crossword:D
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

Just RTE Guide for me, love the Christmas Crosswords they do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

We still buy the Christmas RTE Guide even though it doesn't really cover the channels we watch most nowadays and we can see what's on in the paper or online. Just a tradition. And I too love the bumper crosswords.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭Littlehorny

Has anyone else noticed that the Christmas cookery programmes are starting to come on.
    Have watched a couple of the Jamie Oliver ones so far, even watched a bit of Delia Smyth from the 80's last night :)

MTV's christmas channel up and running now too.

• Advertisement

DvB wrote: »
    MTV's christmas channel up and running now too.

Oh yes! Love this one and the VH1 Xmas channel.

Oh yes! Love this one and the VH1 Xmas channel.

They must play Wham's 'Last Christmas' about 10 times a day. Always seems to be on when I flick over.

They must play Wham's 'Last Christmas' about 10 times a day. Always seems to be on when I flick over.

I'm not complaining, iconic video too.

I'm not complaining, iconic video too.

Me neither, one of the easiest sing along Christmas songs and as you said a great video.

BBC should be releasing their Christmas highlights early Tuesday morning with the films announced a couple of days later.

So any news of any new Christmas specials or news in general of the Christmas TV 2019 listings.

Starting the thread off with some very exciting news....

I love Gavin & Stacey, really hope this ends up being a classic.

Trailer for Gavin and Stacey Christmas special is here !

Lucy Worsley is back with "Lucy Worsley's Christmas Carol Odyssey" on BBC4, Monday 9th December:
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m000c5y4

Expect lots of period costumes!

otnomart wrote: »
    ‘A Moody Christmas’ Holiday Event Comedy Series
    US remake of an Ozzie Series, so dunno if and when it will find its way into Europe

starring Denis Leary
    the six-episode A Moody Christmas centers on the Moodys, including Sean Sr. (Leary), his wife Ann (Elizabeth Perkins), their three grown children and an assorted mix of extended family members who gather for the holidays, with each packing his/her own eccentricities and complications.
    https://deadline.com/2019/09/jay-baruchel-star-fox-a-moody-christmas-holiday-event-comedy-series-1202736021/

Trailers for The Moodys with Denis Leary

and

It’s like the old phrase well if it ain’t broke don’t fix it. Looks like rehashed ideas reused and I for one can’t wait :D

• Advertisement

It’s like the old phrase well if it ain’t broke don’t fix it. Looks like rehashed ideas reused and I for one can’t wait :D

Looks fantastic, as I said to herself last night when we saw the trailer it's the one thing on tv I'm really looking forward to seeing this Christmas.

Advertisement