Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Tefl course

• 15-10-2019 4:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭

Hi all, hopefully posting in right place, my son has started a tefl course, to teach in china, he got his first assignment and is not sure of it, Basically they are looking for activities for children to fill a lesson, i suppose fun ways of making English not seem like a rigid class, he has ask me but i am a a bit of a loss, hoping someone out there that has done one could give me a few ideas i could pass on and then hopefully he will get some ideas himself, thanking you for your time.

Meant to add, they are basically asking him to do a lesson plan for the class time

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭clever user name

Probably a bit late, but I'll answer anyway and it might help him in future.

Teaching ESL to young children usually involves using lots of games to reinforce the lesson material. There's a wealth of resources online for ideas for games and activities, though it's been a while since I actually taught so I'm not up to date on the best places to look.

This would be a good place to start: https://www.eslcafe.com/idea/index.cgi?Games

As far as the actual lesson planning is concerned, it would depend on the actual methodology the course focuses on (TRP for example) as to how you would lay the lesson out.

I can ask one of our education people to send me some extra material if you like. Feel free to PM me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 KTF1980

PPT games are used widely in the classroom in China to make lessons more fun and interactive. Templates can be downloaded from the internet.

If he needs help finding a job, please PM me. I've worked in China for more than 4 years.

Advertisement