Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

fertliser prices

• 12-02-2013 12:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭

Hi All,
    What kind of prices are out there for fertilizer at the moment ? I am going to order some today and I just need a rough guide so I don't get stung ( Cannot afford to buy in bulk so keep that in mind)Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭vanderbadger

MOOVAN wrote: »
    Hi All,
    What kind of prices are out there for fertilizer at the moment ? I am going to order some today and I just need a rough guide so I don't get stung ( Cannot afford to buy in bulk so keep that in mind)Thanks

315/t CAN
    425/t pasture sward

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭6600

Sulcan €320 26%N+5%S
    0:10:20 €420

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭MOOVAN

Thanks for replies lads
    I bought
    CAN for 320/t
    Pasture Sward 410/t(27-2.5-5)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,786 ✭✭✭✭whelan1

i havent even looked for prices as its is so wet around here , no point

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭MOOVAN

whelan1 wrote: »
    i havent even looked for prices as its is so wet around here , no point

When the weather starts to dry everybody will be fighting to get the fertiliser out fast and you could be waiting for a delivery and wait and see the price will go up the minute there is demand !!(as usual)

Plenty of imported stuff (not on pallets)(YARA ,i think) working out cheaper,keep it in mind.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,949 ✭✭✭delaval

MOOVAN wrote: »
    When the weather starts to dry everybody will be fighting to get the fertiliser out fast and you could be waiting for a delivery and wait and see the price will go up the minute there is demand !!(as usual)

Plenty of imported stuff (not on pallets)(YARA ,i think) working out cheaper,keep it in mind.
    Isn't it all imported! Got a load today €425/tonne lorry cost €11,450 need dry weather:p:p

• Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭PMU

urea 430 and Can 330,small load in the west

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭severeoversteer

315/t CAN
    425/t pasture sward

do you mind me asking where that is from? im in galway and cheapest quote for can and sulpher was 350 a tonne for six tonne of it:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭Figerty

http://ifainputs.wordpress.com/category/can/

I have no Idea who is behind this website but it gets updated regularly

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭jj92

24-2.5-5 398/t big bags delivered (Yara)
    24-2.5-10 439/t big bags delivered (Yara)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭weekendfarmer

do you mind me asking where that is from? im in galway and cheapest quote for can and sulpher was 350 a tonne for six tonne of it:eek:

JOD in Killanena, Co. Clare deliver to Limerick and Galway.

They were the cheapest i priced for a full lorry load. Not sure about smaller loads

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭vanderbadger

kellys Bros Clondegad

• Registered Users Posts: 3,360 ✭✭✭MfMan

Anyone chancing spreading some today? Here in the west, I'm looking at the forecast and trying to decide if we'll have enough moisture over the next 48 hours to try going out with some...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,057 ✭✭✭bogman_bass

contractor coming out this afternoon to spread for me

• Registered Users Posts: 3,360 ✭✭✭MfMan

Where yous at?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭99nsr125

450/t 18-6-12 in bulk and spread
    490/t 10-10-20 big bag collected

Both prices initial quotes

• Registered Users Posts: 11,058 ✭✭✭✭mahoney_j

Knocking the first cut monday and as good as out of manure so back looking for a load.Im lookin for
    Richland quoted 420
    nitrosulpher (no quote)
    Sweet grass(no quote)
    Anyone any prices for above,Have been spreading a bag of sulpha 33(33 n 6.5 sulpher)on lAST ROUND (390 tonne);)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭Greengrass1

Ye also knocking a lot if grass on Monday if it turns good. Going to put out 3 bags if 0-7-30 and 3 bags of pasture sward.

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭C4d78

mahoney_j wrote: »
    Knocking the first cut monday and as good as out of manure so back looking for a load.Im lookin for
    Richland quoted 420
    nitrosulpher (no quote)
    Sweet grass(no quote)
    Anyone any prices for above,Have been spreading a bag of sulpha 33(33 n 6.5 sulpher)on lAST ROUND (390 tonne);)

27 Can + 5 Sulphur up at 330 now.
    I've been told fert due to decrease in June, don't know how true!?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,875 ✭✭✭kevthegaff

C4d78 wrote: »
    Ya i payed the same, payed merchant today and whatever i ordered in dec/jan was at least 30 euros a ton cheeper!

• Advertisement

kevthegaff wrote: »
    Ya i payed the same, payed merchant today and whatever i ordered in dec/jan was at least 30 euros a ton cheeper!

Bought a small bit of can to nAke up a laid at 285 in early jan,now 320/325.should of bought more.

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭hammer73

C4d78 wrote: »

Who mentioned that fert was decreasing in June?

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭C4d78

hammer73 wrote: »

One sales rep said not to buy much as he reckoned it was due to come down. Anyone hear similar?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,278 ✭✭✭frazzledhome

Don't know who maybe me. I'm holding off buying as expecting drop usual for this time of year

• Registered Users Posts: 6,875 ✭✭✭kevthegaff

i bought 30 ton in december another 25 last week so it will prob even out things!

Don't know who maybe me. I'm holding off buying as expecting drop usual for this time of year

I'm wholesaleing fert and there would typically be a drop around this time but none on the horizon yet. International prices still strong. That's what had me curious about who said it was going to drop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,278 ✭✭✭frazzledhome

I'm wholesaleing fert and there would typically be a drop around this time but none on the horizon yet. International prices still strong. That's what had me curious about who said it was going to drop.

Any prices for us?
    Be sure to talk up the price anyway

Non offence hammer but when I and others gave quoted prices for urea and can in jan of 340 and 285 you said couldn't be done.it has gone way up since to be fair but usually the market is slack this time of year and prices get competitive again in early June .my merchants yard is like this time last year full of stock with little buyers,I am currently only buying what I need on a weekly basis till June 1 then back shopping for a load

mahoney_j wrote: »
    Non offence hammer but when I and others gave quoted prices for urea and can in jan of 340 and 285 you said couldn't be done.it has gone way up since to be fair but usually the market is slack this time of year and prices get competitive again in early June .my merchants yard is like this time last year full of stock with little buyers,I am currently only buying what I need on a weekly basis till June 1 then back shopping for a load

Everyone is going hand to mouth at the minute, both merchants and farmers. You never what merchants might do with a yard full of stock that isn't moving

• Advertisement

Any prices for us?
    Be sure to talk up the price anyway

As important as I think I might be, me talking the prices up or down won't influence the retail price of fertiliser. As for prices, no problem. If your in the trade give me a shout.

Advertisement