Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Think i was hacked ???

Options
  • 29-05-2015 7:05pm

Last night i was looking at TV when i got an email to say steam has been accessed on another computer. I checked the PC and followed steams instructions , the IP was checked and it was my own PC that it was accessed from. Steam said everything was ok. So i didnt think anything of it. I played a game of old republic, went to bed and all was fine.

Today i got up and checked my PC, i went to do something using adobe and it said i need to install adobe. I then tried to use video studio and it said Windows is searching for Videostudio.exe, has been changed or moved, so this shortcut will no longer work. Do you want to Delete this shortcut? . Thought that was strange. I then started noticing that laot of apps where missing their picture. I checked on them and they were all missing from my C drive and they where not in there either.

I checked steam and noticed that all my games were uninstalled. I checked the steamapps common folder and all folders are gone.

3 other non steam games were gone. But 3 other non steam games are still there with no problems. Half of my hard drive is empty.

Malwarebytes was uninstalled but Security essentials was still active as to was Security essentials. Skype was also still active.

Tuneup Utilities is gone but is still active and running in the bottom too bar.

So i started re-installing certain things and when i tried to delete from my download folder, i got a message saying This Folder is Shared with other people, if you delete it, it will no longer be shared. I never had that before.

Ran Malwarebytes and all seems to be ok.

Scratching my head.

Advertisement