Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Chrome/Network Issues

• 02-06-2015 10:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hi

Apologies in advance unfortunately I'm not any kind of expert on computers so if I don't follow your replies exactly or ask silly questions I am sorry, please have patience.

A few days back I tried to use google and got a message that my network was linked to automated replies and was stopped from using their browser. I was eventually presented with captcha which allowed me to browse once I filled it in. I was initially suspicious and logged on using IE and decided to check if it was genuine. Far as I could tell it was.

After this it kept appearing everytime I logged on so I ran Malwarebytes and for the hell of it CCcleaner. My virus protection is McAfee and up to date. As far as that goes nothing reported back, all clear. I only recently got a guy to put in WIFI router for the house. I live in the sticks, nearest house is too far for them to get my signal I think and my password is sound enough.

I bought my GF a Samsung Tablet for browsing at Xmas. She uses a freebie virus protection called Lookout. She got the same message obviously, so I suspect the issue is on her device being used as bot. I had an issue a few weeks back trying to log onto my network it was slow and I couldnt get on. The ISP said I had no issues funny enough then I went on holidays and when I came back this started happening. As I never use the tablet I just was wondering if I can run the same malwarebytes on it. I have seen mixed reports on google play. Am I approaching this the right way? I suspect I should get proper virus protection for it I have started checking this out this evening.

Any advice or experience people have would be much appreciated.

Advertisement