Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Post here when you buy a new game

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭brianon

rzaba666 wrote: »
    I have it and we can play it next Thur. There is also expansion available: Broad Peak and future release of Mount Everest is planned (apparently it will be stand alone game)

/removes from wishlist.

;)

Can't make this Thursday I'm afraid :(

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭rzaba666

brianon wrote: »
    /removes from wishlist.

;)

Can't make this Thursday I'm afraid :(

Ok, I have it and will probably got Broad Peak soon so we will eventually play it one day ;)

I have just ordered Nexus Ops (Amazon, £38.85), will see it this will be OK for my 7 yr old son (''I want fighting, I want board, I want cards, I want figures)

box-nexus-ops-right.png

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Paddy Samurai

Got this as a present today.:D
    Seems to be a decent filler.Hope to play a few games the weekend.

Played about 6-7 games(4 player) today.This is a great filler with lots of strategy at a gateway level.One of the games we played to 10 cards ,although you are only to play it to 7.All the family loved it ,and everyone asked to play it again and again .So IMO 10/10 .....for what it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,299 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

I bought myself a new electronic version of Yahtzee in Toymaster from Mary Street in Dublin. It is coloured red & black.

It costs €13 to buy it from there.

http://i1-store.walmart.ca/images/WMTCNPE/197/382/1197382_Enlarged_1.jpeg

It is mostly the same as the other one. But I have an older version of it at home. There are still sound issues and the game buttons with it. The only difference is the colour. Everything else on it is the same.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45 Fengol

Played about 6-7 games(4 player) today.This is a great filler with lots of strategy at a gateway level.One of the games we played to 10 cards ,although you are only to play it to 7.All the family loved it ,and everyone asked to play it again and again .So IMO 10/10 .....for what it is.

Your summary plus the fact that it's just been nominated for this years Spiel des Jahres is making me very tempted to get this one.

Fengol wrote: »
    Your summary plus the fact that it's just been nominated for this years Spiel des Jahres is making me very tempted to get this one.

Played it again with friends on Sunday and the family(at their request) again last night.
    Can't remember the last time I played boardgames 3 nights in a week.

I will have to ration/shedule gameplays ,as my Blops 2 online is suffering ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

Gawd damn it I've gone and ordered another game.

mageknight.png

Mage Knight Board Game

how much?

Just shy of £55 sterling, glad I'm paid this week :)

• Advertisement

Hmm, Zombie Dice.

Was looking for a portable game so ordered it along with Forbidden Island.
    I'm going to destroy my credit card now.

Hmm, Zombie Dice.

I recently picked up both of those. Forbidden Island is excellent. It's also good for introducing to non-games since its co-op and not quite as rulesy as Pandemic.

Zombie Dice is also quite fun for what is essentially just rolling dice. Played it a few times, and when I was over visiting the family it was a big success.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Yeah, I'd agree, Zombie Dice is a nice, fun little game, that can get surprisingly tense when you're playing with the right people!

You gotta know when to hold 'em, know when to roll 'em! :pac:

Got a copy of this one today.Hope to play a few games the weekend.:)

pic995906_md.jpg

Also got the Pied Piper expansion.:):D

pic1083857_md.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭brianon

Hmm, Zombie Dice.

Got Zombie Dice a good while back and the expansion. Great little game. Good family fun (ish). My daughter (6) doesn't mind Zombies so it's family fun :)

Just ordered:

Blood Bowl Team Manager

pic1222746_md.jpg

Ticket to Ride

pic38668_md.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭Crowman

I watched this video today (9.00am) and decided to purchase from Boardgamers.ie. Imagine my surprise when a guy shows up at work with said game at 1.30pm! Peter (Founder of the site) decided to deliver it by hand! Now that's what I call service...

Ended up buying Spartacus too.

Ok, I really need to stop buying any more games for a little while. This is costing me a fortune :P

Fengol wrote: »
    Ended up buying Spartacus too.

Ok, I really need to stop buying any more games for a little while. This is costing me a fortune :P

When I reached 50 games I have started to swap them - I want to keep all games but when I checked some of them I played maybe once or twice....well, status changed to 'for trade'. Would love to have more swaps here in Ireland so we would not have to pay those enormous postage cost

Yeah, I've always avoided the trades as postage would end up costing me more than the games are worth.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭GodlessM

Just got the Oil Springs expansion for Settlers for a fiver in Other Realms; looking to try it out later tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,345 ✭✭✭landsleaving

After years of just Risk and Monopoly I picked up Forbidden Island and Ticket to Ride in the last few weeks. Very glad I did, both fantastic games. Settlers of Catan is on the way as well. I'm getting hooked...

Also found Discovering Ireland in my Dad's place and took it home, never seen a game inspire such bitterness. Brilliant stuff.

Also found Discovering Ireland in my Dad's place and took it home, never seen a game inspire such bitterness. Brilliant stuff.

Not my type of game,but if you like these type of games try Diplomacy it's the no 1 in the "bitterness" genre. :D

http://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/483/diplomacy

Guaranteed to end all friendships and family relationships. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,345 ✭✭✭landsleaving

Looks excellent, cheers, love a bit of backstabbing! If I'm not shouting/being shouted at by the end of the night, something's gone wrong. Co-op's been weird!

We've run diplomacy games from time to time, excellent game.

I do recall someone saying they weren't buying any new games, clearly that wasn't me... since I've just ordered this.

aje3.jpg

Also recently played Zombies!!! which I had got as a present but never got around to playing. Very simple game, which I must admit played better than I expected. Though anything with the potential for back-stabbery is always good.

a6af.jpg

We really should do a review thread, there's quite the list here at this stage.

my last few, still surprised my wife is not complaining ;), yet

Spartacus expansion:

pic1491233_md.jpg
    Tobago:

pic596625_md.jpg

Augustus:

pic1548276_md.jpg

Civilization:

pic798666_md.jpg

and expansion for it:

pic1097429_md.jpg

Dwarf King:

pic920494_md.jpg

Castles of Burgundy (amazon, only £19.99):

pic1176894.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Rev Hellfire let me know what Cthulhu Fluxx is like when you get a game. It's on my 'maybe next time' list. I've got Zombie Fluxx and their Back to the Future card game, and played Space Fluxx, and I'm considering Cthulhu and/or Monty Python Fluxx.

I went a bit mad since my last post.:o:o:o:o:o:o
    Definitely 100% no more games for the rest of the year. Make that no more games ever again. For eternity even. No more I swear............

pic1559393_md.jpg

pic1420263_md.jpg

pic843020_md.jpg

pic1446815_md.jpg

pic489626_md.jpg

pic383353.jpg

• Advertisement

Definitely 100% no more games for the rest of the year. Make that no more games ever again. For eternity even. No more I swear............
    You'll be back...

Advertisement