Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Evil Computer Games thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Colm!

Twisted Metal? I approve.
    Jak\Ratchet\Sly mashup game for the PS move? I approve.
    Child of Eden? I approve.
    Everything Nintendo did today? I approve.

Everything else is "meh", tbh. Even DJ Hero 2. (although I am judging DJ Hero 2 based on the fact DJH2 has Deadmau5 and Lady Gaga in the trailer, as opposed to DJH1 which had awesome tracks like Gorillaz and Martin Gaye)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭phlegms

The Nintendo conference blew me away, after a few years of neglect they are finally returning to the core gamer. Lovely stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

phlegms wrote: »
    The Nintendo conference blew me away, after a few years of neglect they are finally returning to the core gamer. Lovely stuff.
    TBH the more im thinking about it the less impressed I am.
    Nintendo really need a new IP.Im holding judgement on the 3DS until I can use one

• Registered Users Posts: 708 ✭✭✭syncosised

They might be porting Ocarina of Time to the 3DS! There's no meme for how happy this makes me! :D

http://www.gonintendo.com/viewstory.php?id=127080

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭Banjo Fella

syncosised wrote: »
    They might be porting Ocarina of Time to the 3DS! There's no meme for how happy this makes me! :D

Holy mother of mercy! That's just amazing! If you follow the link on that page you'll find screenshots of the Lylatwars remake as well. Between all of this, the new Zelda game and the new Golden Sun... wow, we'll really be spoiled for choice when these come out! Nice one Nintendo. :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Listen guys. Rock Band 3 is going to be jaw droppingly awesome. That's all you need to take from E3 really

By the way if ye want to see almost all the trailers and announcements, Game Trailers seems to have all of them up, in HD too. Burnout: Hot Pursuit remake is looking sexy, and natal kinetic looks like it might actually be worth it's weight in plastic :P. MAYBE

• Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

TWISTED METAL BITCHES!!!!:D

Oh. Em. Gee.

I was literally just thinking about that game today! Though I think it was Twisted Metal 2 I had... I don't remember a whole lot, except for the guy who drove around on those two big massive wheels, and you could shoot his arms off...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

syncosised wrote: »

Could just be a tech demo.

It seems that I'm one of the few people who isn't all that excited about the 3DS. The launch line-up seems to mostly made up of games I've played plenty of before. It seems fairly likely that Metal Gear Solid's just a remake of MGS3 (if it's not a port++) which would be a real shame. Would it really be too much to have an original MGS on a Nintendo system? Forgetting the Game Boy Color one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭Jamie Starr

Yeah, the 3DS seems cool, but the real question is: will it come with one of these?

180px-Game_Boy_Printer.jpg

Not impressed with the new Zelda- I thought they were going to do something a bit newer with it...

In other news I think I'm going to trade-in Red Dead Redemption and buy Mario Kart Wii with the money from it. I think it's a smart move.

Yeah, new Zelda actually disappointed me... :(
    But Ocarina of Time 3D = all is forgiven, Nintendo. EVERYTHING :D even Wii Sports Resort!

• Advertisement

Colm! wrote: »
    Yeah, new Zelda actually disappointed me... :(
    But Ocarina of Time 3D = all is forgiven, Nintendo. EVERYTHING :D even Wii Sports Resort!

Never wii sports resort.

I know Portal 2 is old news, but.. that trailer.Awesome ending.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

Just slew my first Colossus. Feels good guys.

Currently playing through Ghostbusters. Pretty damn good and I've had a few stand out moments so far. If you see it cheap somewhere you should def. pick it up!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Ginja Ninja

A Neurotic wrote: »
    Just slew my first Colossus. Feels good guys.
    don't it just? I don't want to spoil it,but the last one is literally an epic battle[he's big even by collossi standards]

I'm rekindling my love for soulsilver as I wait for TF2 to update[only 17 days left :pac:] and just got my 8th badge,stupid dragons and they're being awesome

Team Fortress 2 is currently €6.79 on steam! Loads of us here already own it, so pick it up and give us a game :)

SMW%20OST%20Front.jpg

Played through Super Mario World again over the past few days. Such an awesome game, plenty of Yoshi-based goodness! Finding all those secret exits was tough, though, forgot about an alarmingly large number of them.

I've been playing that game since before plenty of the users here were born!

^ That reminds me! While playing, I was thinking about how comforting it is that Mario will always be older than me, still having adventures. :p

• Advertisement

Just finished Colossus. Now yearning for the next title from Team Ico, The Last Guardian.

Heartwarming friendship between young boy and monstrous abomination animal thing. Looks amazing.

558263988_NkyXZ-L-2.jpg

I called it when first watching the trailer :pac:

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    Wow, just wow! DO WANT

[/YOUTUBE]
    same as.That game will be so much nicer to play if there was a witty sidekick making the odd comment every now and then,the lack of dialogue gets a bit boring IMO

also,apparently Portal 2 will include a motivational death ray device for improving staff moral

Davidius wrote: »
    so,the golden wrench isn't just a rumour? balls to that.Engineers don't need an on-the-spot stun weapon AND tool

so,the golden wrench isn't just a rumour? balls to that.Engineers don't need an on-the-spot stun weapon AND tool
    The golden wrench is exactly the same as the regular wrench except a cosmetic change to people it kills. On a kill it turns their body into a statue but it doesn't do it if you only hurt them. Doesn't really matter that much because there's only 100 to get in a game with 30k players and Europeans have nearly no chance at getting them.

The golden wrench is exactly the same as the regular wrench except a cosmetic change to people it kills. On a kill it turns their body into a statue but it doesn't do it if you only hurt them. Doesn't really matter that much because there's only 100 to get in a game with 30k players and Europeans have nearly no chance at getting them.
    oh my mistake,the trailer I saw showed them hitting once and turning them to gold.I assumed it was a "Golden gun" effect.

Why would engineers need an update?they're one of the most balanced classes,if they got a Razorback they'd be perfect IMO

oh my mistake,the trailer I saw showed them hitting once and turning them to gold.I assumed it was a "Golden gun" effect.

Why would engineers need an update?they're one of the most balanced classes,if they got a Razorback they'd be perfect IMO
    Suppose it's pretty much mandatory since they updated all the other classes.

Engineer has a weird balance to him. He's really good against newer players but without a team backing him up he tends to get destroyed by more experienced players using combat classes, especially Demomen. It doesn't help that he's really limited in 5 control point maps. However it's hard to change him because of how much he effects the game.

It's also kind of boring at times having to babysit the sentry because you know as soon as you leave to give some combat support with your own weapons, a Spy is going to come along and destroy everything.

• Advertisement

Suppose it's pretty much mandatory since they updated all the other classes.

Engineer has a weird balance to him. He's really good against newer players but without a team backing him up he tends to get destroyed by more experienced players using combat classes, especially Demomen. It doesn't help that he's really limited in 5 control point maps. However it's hard to change him because of how much he effects the game.

It's also kind of boring at times having to babysit the sentry because you know as soon as you leave to give some combat support with your own weapons, a Spy is going to come along and destroy everything.
    He's a support[well defence] class,He's meant to be crappy by himself,but in a team he's a very important member.Even against experienced players

A fully set up engineer[dispenser+sentry] and a sniper with cover[like in goldrush near the red base] is hard to move,a decent sniper can pick off the long range stuff[snipers and soldiers] as he has a base to aim at/heal and the sentry stuff can mess up the mid range stuff with a shotgun to back it up.

I may like playing an engineer :rolleyes:

Advertisement