Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Useful Stargate links

Options
  • 25-03-2004 5:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭

Just a quick list to start with with some brief reviews attached. I'd recommend the first site on the list for all things Stargate related.

Gateworld
    This site is the bees knees. Episode guides for SG1, previews of Atlantis, news, an omnipedia (that word's been robbed from "another" sci-fi series but we can't blame them for that), interviews, stuff about Infinity, the movie, comics, the lot. Highly recommended. No real spoilers on the main page as I write either.

SG1 Information Archive
    I'd classify this as a lesser Gateworld. Same coverage of material but less comprehensive. Again, apart from one or two pictures of upcoming episodes, nothing spoiler-related on page one.

Sci-Fi Channel SG1
    MGM SG1
    Effectively the two official sites for SG1. The MGM site has behind the scenes pictures and storyboards that you won't get on the Sci-Fi channel site. Both worth a look.

Sci-Fi Channel SG:Atlantis]
    MGM SG:Atlantis
    The two official sites for Stargate:Atlantis (for the two people who don't know, it's the new spinoff show that's being shown in the US from July). Pretty sparse offerings so far (especially the Sci-Fi one) but content will obviously grow nearer the airing date.

IMDB listings
    Always useful when you spot someone in a particular show and you think you recognise the actor (and you're anal enough to want to check up on them). Excellent listings for guest appearances, awards and so on.
    Stargate (1994 movie), Stargate:SG1, Stargate:Infinity, Stargate: Atlantis

Other Sites
    Wormhole X-Treme
    UK-based fan site. No info here that you're not going to find somewhere else.

SG1 Fanfiction and Multimedia Archive
    Lots of screencaps, depending no the episode. The real point of this site is the fan fiction. Which isn't my cup of tea to be honest but there are plenty who do like it.

TV Tome SG1
    TV Tome is a great guide for series that don't have episode guides elsewhere on the web. By the nature of their audience (lots of geeks, sorry guys:)) good sci-fi series tend to be catered for pretty well on the web in general. So while this is up to the usual TVTome standard (good quick guides for old episodes, nothing for the new ones), you're better off elsewhere. The episode guides do have interesting quicky trivia for each episode though.

The Stargate Novel Archive
    Fan fiction. Nothing on this earth could get me to read it.

Obviously there are plenty of other sites (doubtless people will add to this list). Some are good, most are terrible.

Comments

Advertisement