Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Expiry date and new cert

• 24-01-2021 12:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭

i cant find a definitive answer anywhere ?

old car insurance expires 1 st febuary , when should new cert start 1st or 2nd ?

previously i would renew same day as expiry, just checking if this is usual

any advice most welcome , thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,348 ✭✭✭FishOnABike

i cant find a definitive answer anywhere ?

old car insurance expires 1 st febuary , when should new cert start 1st or 2nd ?

previously i would renew same day as expiry, just checking if this is usual

any advice most welcome , thanks

Probably depends on the time the policy covers. My last policy ended at 23:59:59 and current one starts at 00:00:00 the next day. I guess the main thing is that there is no gap in cover, whatever time one policy ends and the next begins.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭i57dwun4yb1pt8

old one starts feb 1 00:00:01 and ends 31 jan 23:59:59 so if i go for a new one starting 1 feb , there will be two seconds of non cover - does this break coverage records ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,935 ✭✭✭Eggs For Dinner

old one starts feb 1 00:00:01 and ends 31 jan 23:59:59 so if i go for a new one starting 1 feb , there will be two seconds of non cover - does this break coverage records ?

Obviously, insurers have renewal bridging cover available for €100. You could just park up for a minute to be on the safe side.

Obviously, insurers have renewal bridging cover available for €100. You could just park up for a minute to be on the safe side.

obviously ?
    so most people are losing coverage every year for a second or two
    how has this not been hilighted yet ?

or everyone is renewing a day earlier every year ?

example : old expires 23:59:59 on december 31 ,( end of the day ) means you would have to have new policy starting december 31 at start of the same day , and not the next day so as to avoid the 2 second gap

and the next year - as a consequence of this
    your policy ends at the end of december 30 23:59:59 so your new one would have to begin december 30 00:00:01

next year a new one on december 29

and so on a day earlier each year

makes no sense

• Registered Users Posts: 2,935 ✭✭✭Eggs For Dinner

You post makes no sense. Mine was a (apparently) poor attempt at humour

• Advertisement

oh sorry, i didnt catch it was a joke

Advertisement