Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Thread for Maggots!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭EyesClosed

Degag wrote: »
    Slipknot touring Europe in July/August next year. No UK or Ireland dates announced but hopefully they will come!

They just played, this is the part that got cancelled, I don't see em coming back so soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Giving this a long awaited bump, Clown hopes the band will be finished recording album #7 by the end of July, and have it out later this year. The new untitled one will also be their last one with & for Roadrunner Records. They've been with Roadrunner since 1999.

https://loudwire.com/slipknot-hope-new-album-2021-roadrunner-shawn-clown-crahan/

• Registered Users Posts: 8,536 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Have we gotten the usual "it will be as heavy as iowa" statement yet

It'll probably make an appearance at some stage...

Either way I'll always welcome new Slipknot music

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,952 ✭✭✭Degag

Saw something on twitter saying they’ve rescheduled some european dates till next year with more dates to be added. Would be hopeful an Irish date will be added even though technically they’ll still probably be on the same tour that saw them play in Jan last year!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Degag wrote: »
    Saw something on twitter saying they’ve rescheduled some european dates till next year with more dates to be added. Would be hopeful an Irish date will be added even though technically they’ll still probably be on the same tour that saw them play in Jan last year!

It's worth hoping for but I wouldn't make the same effort I made back then.

They could go to Belfast like the last time.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,927 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Giving this a long awaited bump, Clown hopes the band will be finished recording album #7 by the end of July, and have it out later this year. The new untitled one will also be their last one with & for Roadrunner Records. They've been with Roadrunner since 1999.

https://loudwire.com/slipknot-hope-new-album-2021-roadrunner-shawn-clown-crahan/

They are desperate to finish that terrible deal they signed back in 99

rob316 wrote: »

Did they get a raw deal?

Did they get a raw deal?

500 grand for a 7 album deal. I mean no one would touch them then so they were delighted to sign it but as they went on to be so successful its terrible deal. I know artists don't make much from album sales now, but from what I read before its costing them money.

• Advertisement

rob316 wrote: »

Question now is where do they go when their deal with Roadrunner is up? Will they go with Nuclear Blast? Or take a cue from Metallica and launch their own independent label?

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Question now is where do they go when their deal with Roadrunner is up? Will they go with Nuclear Blast? Or take a cue from Metallica and launch their own independent label?

Seems a sick twist that now that they're free, album sales are in such a decline.
    The current situation must have bands rubbing their hands as they see the record companies profits fall.

Seems a sick twist that now that they're free, album sales are in such a decline.
    The current situation must have bands rubbing their hands as they see the record companies profits fall.

I doubt they care about the revenue from albums, Roadrunner probably have a large piece of everything else they make though and that's where they are getting a rough ride.

So when they leave Roadrunner, will they be able to buy back the master copies of their albums, or is that entirely dependent on how their contract is laid out?

22 years ago today!

Slipknot_-_Slipknot2.jpg

Wow I feel old I can remember me and mate 13 years old moshing around the bedroom, breaking the plasterboard wall!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭klose

Never knew that Chris fehn was photoshopped onto the album cover, was it josh or Jim in the bondage mask?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

• Registered Users Posts: 37,715 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Yep RIP, 46 is way to young to go

Such a pity he never reunited with the band.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Awful to hear.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,683 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Ahh joey..

Fcuk it, Absolutely fcuk it. He was one hell of a drummer.

RIP Joey, your contribution to this world was immense.

Gutted to hear the news,always hoped he'd rejoin slipknot. A drumming phenomenon, he created that slipknot sound. That intro to Eyeless is amazing

New album out end of September called "The End, So Far"

New song to go with the announcement

Having a listen through as we speak. Adderall is about as un-Slipknot a song you’ll find.

Hive Mind a banger i think on initial listen.

Initial listen not too memorable but I'll keep at it. They are out of their contract now though so maybe we'll see something new going forward.

Yeah, i wasn’t too gone on the pre-released songs from the album - was wondering maybe if they were just getting it out due to the contract situation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭klose

Craig jones gone now too, a lacklustre album release recently. All a bit meh

Advertisement