Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

finance/fees for Irish students in post brexit UK

• 08-01-2021 1:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,811 ✭✭✭

Does anyone have information as regards Irish students studying in the UK incl NI. in a post Brexit world

My two main queries are:

1. Fees

What fees will they be subject to? Will the fees be different in each of the devolved regions. Eg will Scotland have different rules to England which was the case prior to Brexit

2. Student loans

Will Irish students be able to access student loans?

I live in a border region and my eldest child will be leaving school june 2022. She is interested in medicine so intends to apply to Queens plus other UK colleges but it is hard to get definitive information. Scotland seems unsure of what will happen.

An Irish college would be first choice but she want to keep as many options as possible open due to the highly competitive nature of medicine.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭deeperlearning

Fees for Irish students studying in universities in:

England - £9250 (Same as UK students)
    Scotland - £9250 (previously no fees)
    NI - £4,395

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭tv3tg4

Are Irish under graduate and post graduate students liable for fees in the same manner as UK students?

Advertisement